No announcement yet.

Bosh Jersey Burning Party Tonight on Yonge Street

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bosh should be booed when he comes back to Toronto. Bosh is the enemy now (all opponents of the raptors on the court). Bosh played hard and is a pretty nice guy. Bosh was given a big opportunity in Toronto. THe Franchise player from the beginning! Everything was done to make Chris the centre of the offense and he did pretty good offensively. He was aloud to grow as a quality mid post player and now may be the best mid post player in the NBA (maybe Gasol is better). The one area that I think is a better measurement of commitment(hustle, heart and unselfishness) to a team is on the defensive end. This is where Bosh let his team down and you can blame ANdrea all you like but Bosh is as bad on the ball defender as the raptors had last year. Secondly his blocks and steals are lower then his first year in the nba. So how could he be a better weakside defender now then when he came in the league at 19. He let the Raptors down on the defense end. He hasn't improved his defense since he was 19 years old. What type of power forward averages .97 blocks and .6 steals a game and plays 38 minutes a night.
    Add in the fact that Bosh didn't stick it out when the Raptors team is the third youngest in the league. The raptors were two years away from being contenders. As the demars, weems, amirs, andreas come into their mid 20's they will be a force to deal with. Either way I think the raptors will be about the same this year as they were last year. Probably 9-11 in the east and if they get lucky 500. Still we should Boo Bosh for not working on his weakness in those 7 great years and leaving before the guys peak.

Comment

i'm confused. why should we celebrate a player who never made it out of the first round of the playoffs?

7 years of being the franchise player of a shitty team...

i was unaware that basketball was the game of giving out gold medals for mediocrity

Comment

Lots of reasons to boo bosh. And if any of us pay for a ticket to watch that game we have the right to BOOOOOOOOOO...

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
          Honestly, this is pathetic.

Bosh has done absolutely nothing to deserve this level of hatred. After 7 season in Toronto, Bosh has every right and legitimately acceptable reason to leave the Raps to join a better team suited to his all-star talent, his desire to consistently excel and his lifelong dream to win at least 1 NBA championship. And keep in mind that after 7 seasons, Bosh's career is already more than halfway over.

The worst part about all the negative opinions of Bosh now is the fact that none of us would re-sign with the Raps if we were in his shoes, which makes all of the now negative, hateful critics of Bosh the biggest bunch of fucking hypocrites imaginable.

Fuck all you pieces of shit that organized and attended this "gathering of hypocrites".
          +1

Thanks for callin B.S. Realizar

I've said it several times b4, all this hating on CB is undeserved imo. He deserves a legitimate shot at success while he is at his peak. Unfortunately he's not going to get that in TDot.

Comment

I think the better question is why should we boo a player who took NOTHING from the franchise and gave it 7 great years?

Hell why boo a player that leaves a city for free agency anyways??

Did Bosh have weak defensive skills? HELL YES. I'm certainly not denying that, but I continue to fail to see why he should be DISRESPECTED.

Did he do something to the city or the fans of Toronto? Did he give up? Did he insult us or our city? Did he make life unbearably difficult for BC or Sam Mitchell or Jay Triano? Did he stifle the development of another player for his own ego?

I mean I'm trying to think of reasons why we should BOO a player who set franchise records and did what none of our previous over-heralded "superstars" (Damon, T-Mac, VC) did when they were players.

Nobody boos Mighty Mouse, and really people never booed T-Mac until the VC fiasco.

So what is this? Repressed punishment? Do you feel like Bosh owes us something?

Why should Bosh have to be perfect? Almost all Raptors fans know the man is IMPERFECT. It was a team effort that won us an Atlantic Division chip, but CB4 gave just as much effort as anyone else.

Why aren't we all booing JO? He cost more and gave us less than CB4 ever did.

I'm not saying fans can't be upset. But there's a f'ing huge difference between being upset and disrespecting a player that gave us a FAIR CHANCE. He gave us as much of a chance as any other player did.

heinz57, your comment on "why celebrate a player who never made it out of the first round of the playoffs" is ignorant. I hope you realize that. Do you think we would have even MADE the playoffs without him after VC pussyed out??

Your mentality is that you "expect" things from him. No offense, but the man is not GUTTING our roster to pay for his salary. He hasn't done anything to PREVENT us from making moves. And, if the rumors are true, he might try to send something our way through a S&T if it comes down to that.

Is that the mentality and attitude of a player who deserves to be disrespected?

I'm telling you to treat the man with respect because he took the franchise - whether you like it or not - to places that NO ONE ELSE HAS.

It may have been with a team effort, but he played right along. He didn't have a prima donna attitude and pout when things didn't go his way. He didn't quit on the team. He fought just as hard for this team as any other of the players we love to cheer for (Alvin Williams, JYD, Oak).

So WHY are you insisting that we disrespect him? Is it because we don't like the decision he's making? Is it because you think WE as the fans deserve more from him?

I would love to see the Raptors win and make it out of the 1st round, but it certainly isn't CHRIS BOSH's fault that it didn't happen. But here we are, with you "fans" saying we should crucify him because he didn't do enough.

HE DID MORE THAN ANY OF OUR OTHER SUPERSTARS DID. And did it with a lot less drama and WITHOUT costing our team anything.

Think about that.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
              Some people just don't grasp what is going on here.

Say you were in a beautiful relationship with a significant other and all the members of your extended family and friends loved this person.

Now suppose one day this person says to you. Your extended family and friends can not provide me with what I need so I am checking out to someone who can.

Does anyone think for a minute that this person and their extended family and friends would not be really upset at this other person who is now bailing?

Come on get real people. Bosh is going to jilt, yes he has the right, MLSE, Raptors teammates, Raptors fans and the entire city of Toronto. So of course fans have a right to be mad at him. Geez

On top of that would any of you want any of this person's clothes in your home after they jilted you? Not if you were emotionally healthy you wouldn't. If this happened to me I would make a big bond fire of whatever they left behind invite all my family and friends over and torch the junk.
              You're comparison is completely off the mark.

You can't compare a personal family relationship to a professional business career.

I'll say it again.

Answer the following question:

If any of you put yourself in Bosh's shoes, would you, in all honesty, choose to re-sign with the Raps after having spent 7 seasons struggling to earn a playoff berth, given the numerous opportunities to play with SIGNIFICANTLY more talented teammates and have a legitimate chance to play in a NBA finals series and a realistic chance to win a championship?

Answer the question and say you still hate Bosh.
              RR OG

Comment

I've never had a problem with people booing VC, because unlike the media around here I clearly remember him deliberately dogging it in his final season with the team. He earned it.

But this? This is juvenile.

Yes, Bosh may leave. So what? He's a kid, for crying out loud. He wants lots of fame and lots of money like just about anybody else I knew when they were kids. BC tried to keep him here and it didn't work out. You can't exactly blame him after watching the team behind him this past season.

Calderon? Bargs? Turk? PLEASE, SPARE ME!

Let him go in peace and let's try to build a new team with at least just a LITTLE bit of dignity and class. Reporters around the NBA are going to start calling Raps fans a bunch of whining babies.

Grow up!
                Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Mon Jun 28, 2010, 10:39 PM. Reason: No edit. I meant to quote. Sorry.

Comment

There's a difference between not celebrating a player and burning his jersey.
                  Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

James Ballswin (Realizar) wrote: View Post
                    You can't compare a personal family relationship to a professional business career.
                    And for the most part you can't expect a sports fan to act logically about their favourite team.

Though this level of hate for Bosh is immature and embarrassing.
                    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
                      There's a difference between not celebrating a player and burning his jersey.
                      +1

The man didn't take anything away from the franchise. He worked with what we had and the results speak for themselves. He didn't force the Raptors to sacrifice anything for his own needs/ego.

Maybe my last few posts were overdone, but I'll repeat what I said earlier:

The man deserves our respect - nothing more and nothing less.

He gave us good years and in his mind, he's moved on to greener pastures.

Why does he need to be vilified?

Comment

Of course I want Bosh to re-sign. But if not, I for one will stand up and cheer for him when he returns to the ACC. I appreciate what he has given us, even though it might not last forever.

Comment

Noc wrote: View Post
                          It was a team effort that won us an Atlantic Division chip, but CB4 gave just as much effort as anyone else.
                          ACTUALLY, it was arguably the shittiest season for the entire atlantic division ever, and the raps being the best of the mediocre that won that title...

heinz57, your comment on "why celebrate a player who never made it out of the first round of the playoffs" is ignorant. I hope you realize that. Do you think we would have even MADE the playoffs without him after VC pussyed out??
                          oh wait.. so celebrating a guy who LOST the important games for the raps is the way to go?

I never said i'm disprespecting him.. i'm saying toronto doesnt owe chris bosh shit.

period.

he lost. ALOT. he got paid craploads of money, and repayed the franchise by contributing to losing.

that's not worth celebrating.

Your mentality is that you "expect" things from him. No offense, but the man is not GUTTING our roster to pay for his salary. He hasn't done anything to PREVENT us from making moves. And, if the rumors are true, he might try to send something our way through a S&T if it comes down to that.
                          You're 100% right. i expect things from a guy who gets paid MILLIONS to win basketball games. i expect him to win.... not all the time, but at least more than HALF the time.

That's what max contract players do.

HE DID MORE THAN ANY OF OUR OTHER SUPERSTARS DID. And did it with a lot less drama and WITHOUT costing our team anything.

Think about that.
                          We all hate him for how he left. but NOT A SINGLE PLAYER EVER DID AS MUCH FOR THE RAPTORS AS VINCE CARTER. he's a big douchey pussy, YUP. but to even TRY to measure bosh's contributions against his is retarded.

VC took the raps out of the first round. Hell, during that division title you like to wrap around bosh's balls, VC beat the raps in the playoffs.

oh i agree with everyone.. fuck vc... but you're the ignorant one if you think bosh has contributed more to the franchise than he did..

Comment

Not one of you pro bosh guys has talked about his defensive numbers declining from when he was 19. Obviously you guys are manipulated by the media. OOhh wait Bosh is a media guy. If you want to bow down to bosh go ahead but to tell half the truth and tell everyone who is anti bosh that they're immature and embarrassing is anti free speech

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
                              Agree. I rather have a party to dedicate for Chris Bosh.

This will attract other free agents
                              PPL! How the F$#K can they or we do this??? Burning his jersey is just low, very low! Bosh went through this mess that our franchise piled on him and Bosh played with feeble resources he was given around by Bab"limp"cock and BCo. After that great 2006-2007, we have come to this low point. Just pathetic.

As much as I detested the way Bosh ended the season from his facial injury, he does not deserve to have his symbol tarnished. Bosh really needed talented help, but all he got back was bad talent support, lack of good draft picks, and unfortunate injuries that ended key players that could of helped him (Garbo and Ford). So he never came through big games, yes that is true. It would of helped him so much if he had the leadership that can help his leadership skills, but that was never ever supplied to him.

Thank you for your efforts Bosh, I'm sorry for some of our differences, but you always played out your contract with the effort you can muster inside.
                              Last edited by tonious35; Mon Jun 28, 2010, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Damn.... How did I miss this?
                                Oh yeah, I was at my high school grad.

I know I'm gonna keep my jersey cause it'll be worth loads when Bosh retires and collectors come swooping in.

Comment

Working...
                                X