No announcement yet.

ESPN Ranks/Projects Lowry as #8 PG in League for 2013-14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone saying D-Will isn't a top 5 point guard is straight looney-tunes and didn't even watch the Nets play last season.

Comment

Xixak wrote: View Post
      Anyone saying D-Will isn't a top 5 point guard is straight looney-tunes and didn't even watch the Nets play last season.
      to me he isnt if i had to rank the top five it would be
      chris Paul
      kyrie irving
      Russell Westbrook
      Steph Curry
      Ty Lawson
      (not including parker,rondo and rose)
      d will doesn't belong here but hey, thats just me
      What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
      The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
      No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

Because he's not.

1. Rose
        2. Paul
        3. Westbrook
        4. Curry
        5. Irving
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Because he's not.

1. Rose
          2. Paul
          3. Westbrook
          4. Curry
          5. Irving
          I'm not sure how either Curry or Irving are better than Deron Williams right now.

Deron doesn't shoot the ball as much as either guy (which is why his scoring numbers are slightly lower) and he's a far superior playmaker to both. Curry is a joke on the defensive side of the ball, Kyrie is as well to a lesser extent. Kyrie also needs to get his assist turnover ratio over 2 before I even call him a point guard. People complain about Westbrook, but Irving so far plays like a 2 more than any other star PG in the league.

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
            to me he isnt if i had to rank the top five it would be
            chris Paul
            kyrie irving
            Russell Westbrook
            Steph Curry
            Ty Lawson
            (not including parker,rondo and rose)
            d will doesn't belong here but hey, thats just me
            Why in all hell is Ty Lawson even in this conversation

Comment

Why in all hell is Ty Lawson even in this conversation
              LOL..cuz he is
              What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
              The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
                Because he's not.

1. Rose
                2. Paul
                3. Westbrook
                4. Curry
                5. Irving
                your rankings are a bit more accurate than mine

Comment

Lowry did little outside the first 3 games to convince me he cracks the top 20 PG's in the NBA, but then this is a "projection" article right, so, it means that it really means....nothing.

Its assuming Lowry wants a better contract, therefore he wont be fat, and he will have learned how to be a leader, a positive influence, and an actual point guard with smarts...big ifs there if you ask me.

As for Parker not on th list....I suppose they are assuming he is moving right from amazing to Alzheimer's over the Summer....I can't think of any other reason to leave a guy like that off.

Comment

This list is crazy. If you think of it in the simplest terms (who would I replace Lowry with?) -- Jrue Holiday would have to be in the top 10

1. Paul
                    2. Rose
                    3. Westbrook (I wouldn't rank him so high but after seeing OKC crumble without him - he's a game changer)
                    4. Irving
                    5. Curry
                    6. Holiday
                    7. Parker
                    8. Williams
                    9. Rondo (best playmaker behind Paul)
                    10. Rubio (dat potential)
                    11. Wall
                    12. Lawson
                    13. Conley
                    14. Lillard
                    15. Lowry
                    16. Nash (a 2 time MVP who can still average .500 .400 and .900 doesn't just fall off the list)
                    17. Teague (underrated)
                    18. Jennings
                    19. Walker (probably could be higher but in a bad situation)
                    20. Ellis
                    21. Bledsoe
                    22. Hill
                    23. Nelson
                    24. Calderon
                    25. (mo) Williams
                    Last edited by connected; Mon Jul 29, 2013, 10:45 PM.

Comment

I keep finding it funny that outsiders have a much better praise of our players(DD and Lowry) than the ppl in this thread. So far ESPN thinks we have a top10 backcourt. I agree with them too.
                      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        One spot behind Derrick Rose? Damn. Though I would take Lowry over Lawson.

ADD Gave a bit more context to your title...
                        No probs.

I was creating the thread while my boss was asking me how my weekend was.

I couldnt concentrate properly, hehehe

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I keep finding it funny that outsiders have a much better praise of our players(DD and Lowry) than the ppl in this thread. So far ESPN thinks we have a top10 backcourt. I agree with them too.
                          Yeah whats up with that?

Outsiders keep giving props to our players, like the US team selecting DD for their select team, ESPN projecting Lowry as a top 10 PG, JV being given the Summer League MVP, Rudy being categorized having way more value than just expiring contracts and here we are, actual fans of the team, saying that no chance Lowry is a Top 10 PG, Rudy and DD have no trade value and JV, well, he's the only who hasnt gotten the ire of the fans yet.

Is this really "Raptors" republic??

Weird.

Comment

TheGloveinRapsUniform wrote: View Post
                            No probs.

I was creating the thread while my boss was asking me how my weekend was.

I couldnt concentrate properly, hehehe
                            Having a blog on your screen and the boss bantering? Must be a Ms. She must like your glove. Make a move.

Comment

Lots disagree, but I think where Rose is is pretty spot on. This is 2013-14 we're talking about, not the future. You seriously can't expect him to be MVP-calibre after taking a whole year off of pro basketball.
                              Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                This being a contract year, I think it's wise to expect an uptick in Lowry's performance.
                                Prime deadline trade bait if I ever saw it.

Comment

Working...
                                X