2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post

MEMO to Sullinger: Sorry to break it to you buddy, but no one cares if Ohio State wins an NCAA Championship. (lol @ "my seniors were crying"...bro you met these guys a few months ago, what about your family?). You've already proven that you're good. That college tournament...some people win it, some dont. You're risking millions of dollars by going back for it.

(BTW can you imagine a top Law student turning down a mult-million dollar offer from a top Law firm because he wanted another go at the "National College Law Court Case Competition" ?)
    No one cares if Ohio doesn't win? You've gotta be kidding me. We all know that you're just some unemployed basement dweller who hasn't accomplished jack shit in his life but you don't have to go out and mock other people's dreams.

What risk? He'll still be a high lottery pick next year. Also FYI, tournament success obviously helps your stock. Derrick Williams is the best example I know right now but what about people like Gordon Hayward? or D-Wade?

Stop acting like an ignorant bigot and see guy for he really is: a winner.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
      No one cares if Ohio doesn't win? You've gotta be kidding me. We all know that you're just some unemployed basement dweller who hasn't accomplished jack shit in his life but you don't have to go out and mock other people's dreams.

What risk? He'll still be a high lottery pick next year. Also FYI, tournament success obviously helps your stock. Derrick Williams is the best example I know right now but what about people like Gordon Hayward? or D-Wade?

Stop acting like an ignorant bigot and see guy for he really is: a winner.
      yeeeeaaah man, way to have Sullinger's back. No one can talk sh*t to Sullyyy on this board. Priiiiiimmmee dooouuggiee.

STFU

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Sullinger not declaring: http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=6260339

Did he not learn anything from Spoelestra and the HEAT about the crying?
        There is a HUGE difference between a senior losing in the elite 8 who'll never have a chance to win a championship again cying and a bunch of "professional" players crying over a regular season game with 20 games left and they are pretty much locked for the playoffs crying.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          There is a HUGE difference between a senior losing in the elite 8 who'll never have a chance to win a championship again cying and a bunch of "professional" players crying over a regular season game with 20 games left and they are pretty much locked for the playoffs crying.
          I would agree. But having played university basketball myself there are just some things that should not be said and left in the confines of the locker room among the team rather than shared with the world. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            Yes, next year looks to be a sick, wicked, and nasty draft. Next year will most likely be another rough season for Toronto. Hopefully the players association suggestion/comment of lottery teams picking only in the first round 1-14,15-28 with playoff teams picking twice in the second round becomes a reality.
            I never heard of this, is there a link at all? Not sure it sounds so good... but I kinda like it at the same time.

Comment

• And the number 1 over all pick is .... Kemba walker!!!

He is not suppose to be here what a game!!!!

Comment

• That was such a retarded last position for Arizona. They should of attacked the basket especially since they were destroying in the paint all game.

Comment

• That lamb kid reminds me of Morrow a lot. I'm big on Morrow.
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• If Derrick Williams had to compare himself to any current NBA players, his best picks would be hybrid forwards Michael Beasley, David West and Antawn Jamison.

Will Williams play more small forward or power forward in the NBA? That's a point of contention.

"I like when people say 3-4 more than a 4-3," Williams said. "A 4-3, most people think you're 6-foot-10, 250 pounds. Being 6-8, 6-9 and 240, it gives me a real advantage, especially if I play the 3. I don't like being labeled a power forward at all."
                    Derrick Williams Sees Himself As NBA Small Forward - RealGM Wiretap

Comment

• NBA Ready or Not?

The ESPN senior writer said Walker is going to be a 3rd guard or something coming off the bench like Ben Gordon. He also said Barnes isn't that athletic and is most likely going to be a superstar but might get into 1 or 2 allstar games and due to this being a weak draft he'll go top 5. Watch the video for the rest of the analysis.

If that happens wow, Bobcats with Irving, Raps with Williams, Utah getting steals at 7 and 12 with Fredette and Kanter, Suns with Knight to play along with Brooks/Nash and Cavs with Sullinger and Walker! D: (I know that's not going to happen because Sullinger is out)
                      Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
                        I never heard of this, is there a link at all? Not sure it sounds so good... but I kinda like it at the same time.
                        Check the CBA thread in the NBA forum.

Comment

• Enes Kanter

If the raptors are looking to trade bargs does it mean raptors are going to draft enes kanter http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

Comment

• or try to sign Marc Gasol or any other free agent including Tyson chandler

Comment

• With the Raptors now looking to deal Bargnani in the off-season I think a big man coming this way via the draft is a great possibility. Jonus Valanciunas seems like a great possibility. They need center who can rebound and play defense and they're going to need one who can score after they deal Andrea.

Just a side note. If the Cavs can walk away with Irving or Barnes and then land Walker or Kanter with their second pick then they right there have taken a huge step forward for the future.

Comment

• Like sands through the hour glass, these are the days of Tristan Thompson's life...

It might be time for fans of bad NBA teams like the Raptors to get a little concerned.

The reward for a sub-30-win season is usually a pretty good young player via the draft, but this year’s draft was already considered a weak one before its high-end talent started pulling out left, right and centre.

Ohio State forward Jared Sullinger was the latest to say he’s staying in school, telling reporters after the Buckeyes’ loss on Friday that he will return for his sophomore campaign.

Calling himself “a man of my word” Sullinger said he came to Ohio State to win a national championship and definitely will be returning.

Duke star freshman Kyrie Irving - the favourite to be picked first in the draft if he enters - has also said he plans to return to college. Texas star Tristan Thompson, of Brampton, had also said he planned to return, but a report on nbadraft.net said he had signed with an agent and would enter the draft after all. However, Thompson's mother, Andrea, denied the report, telling zagsblog.com her son had not signed and his decision has yet to be made.

Keep in mind with Irving and Sullinger that it is extremely rare for a player to say otherwise at this point. Too many star athletes to count have said in March or April that they definitely aren’t NBA-bound, before changing their tune a couple of months later.
                                http://www.torontosun.com/sports/bas.../17768396.html

So he is in, then he hired an agent, mother refutes article, now decision is not made.

Dates to remember: April 24th all underclassmen must declare, May 8th is the deadline to pull out.

Comment

Working...
                                X