Free Agency 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Work out a trade for Bledsoe using DD as the main piece
    Try to sign JJ Hickson as backup PF; Millsap would be ideal but we don't have the money
    Keep Q Rich for depth
    Amnesty Kleiza
    Waive Camby

PG - Lowry, Bledsoe
    SG - Ross, Bledsoe, Q Rich
    SF - Gay, Fields, Acy
    PF - Amir, JJ Hickson, Novak
    C - Jonas, Gay

Gives the Raps flexibility as Beldsoe can play 1 or 2, Q Rich can play 2 or 3, and Acy and Novak can play 3 and 4

Then next year let Lowry walk - or trade at deadline and Bledsoe moves to starting PG

Comment

blackangus wrote: View Post
      Work out a trade for Bledsoe using DD as the main piece
      Try to sign JJ Hickson as backup PF; Millsap would be ideal but we don't have the money
      Keep Q Rich for depth
      Amnesty Kleiza
      Waive Camby

PG - Lowry, Bledsoe
      SG - Ross, Bledsoe, Q Rich
      SF - Gay, Fields, Acy
      PF - Amir, JJ Hickson, Novak
      C - Jonas, Gay

Gives the Raps flexibility as Beldsoe can play 1 or 2, Q Rich can play 2 or 3, and Acy and Novak can play 3 and 4

Then next year let Lowry walk - or trade at deadline and Bledsoe moves to starting PG
      Honestly I dont see the point of bringing in Bledsoe if our intention is to make him Lowry's back up, he wants to be re-upped and will be asking for big money. If we are trading for him it has to be with the understanding that we are also shopping lowry, if that is the case this is what I would do:

Trade Lowry to Orlando for Afflalo.

Trade DD to clippers for Bledsoe.

Our starting line up would look like this, and we would need to fill in our depth chart from free agency but many of the guys that I suggested on the opening post could fill that role.

PG: Bledsoe (Potentially more upside than lowry, and no chemistry issues with coach)
      SG: Afflalo (Better defender, and 3 pt shooter than DD, better fit for our team if we intend to stick with Gay)
      SF: Gay
      PF: Johnson
      C: Valanciunas

This lineup can spread the floor (Gay, Afflalo, and Bledsoe have shown over the years they can drain the 3) and is a better lineup defensively with the addition of Afflalo.
      "Defense wins championships."

Comment

I haven't seen Vasquez play, but I had him on my fantasy league and the guy lit up the stat sheet...why are the Pelicans so eager to have got rid of him? His assist numbers were better than Hollidays, granted that doesn't always mean much. But the fact that the Pelicans throw out these lofty contracts is bonkers, Eric Gordon could really end up being their Bargnani.
        i8theball.com it's a website...about, you know....basketball.

Comment

SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
          Honestly I dont see the point of bringing in Bledsoe if our intention is to make him Lowry's back up, he wants to be re-upped and will be asking for big money. If we are trading for him it has to be with the understanding that we are also shopping lowry, if that is the case this is what I would do:

Trade Lowry to Orlando for Afflalo.

Trade DD to clippers for Bledsoe.

Our starting line up would look like this, and we would need to fill in our depth chart from free agency but many of the guys that I suggested on the opening post could fill that role.

PG: Bledsoe (Potentially more upside than lowry, and no chemistry issues with coach)
          SG: Afflalo (Better defender, and 3 pt shooter than DD, better fit for our team if we intend to stick with Gay)
          SF: Gay
          PF: Johnson
          C: Valanciunas

This lineup can spread the floor (Gay, Afflalo, and Bledsoe have shown over the years they can drain the 3) and is a better lineup defensively with the addition of Afflalo.

no 7-11

Comment

Miami's already snatched up Kabongo for their summer league roster

Comment

vino wrote: View Post
              no 7-11
              7-11 is ok as long as it is a stepping stone and not a ceiling

Comment

Eric Maynor seems to be off the market. I like him. Wouldn't have minded seeing him as a backup in Toronto.

via hoopshype

Michael Lee: Source: Former VCU star Eric Maynor has agreed to a deal with the #wizards. Terms not disclosed but it is a "multi-year" deal. Twitter @MrMichaelLee

Comment

Whatever happened to Jonny Flynn? Dig him up.

Comment

Man wizards and Cavs are going to be scary next season, those 2 teams are finally turning the corner in relevancy hopefully Raps are right there with them.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                      Man wizards and Cavs are going to be scary next season, those 2 teams are finally turning the corner in relevancy hopefully Raps are right there with them.
                      Cavs are messing up, Irving is going on year 3 and still project like a lottery team. They shouldn't have drafted this year. I like how N.O. is doing it, they got their guy now they're surrounding him ASAP to avoid another Chris Paul situation.

Comment

Has Dorrell Wright been signed? He's a dude i'd throw some bills at.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                          Has Dorrell Wright been signed? He's a dude i'd throw some bills at.
                          I can't see the Raps being very active on the wing market. I mean...what can they offer a wing in terms of playing time?

Comment

true enough
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

We need to go hard for a backup PG and PF

Comment

f
                                NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                We need to go hard for a backup PG and PF
                                Or starting PF. Amir's part of this team's core but I'd hope they're undecided whether or not to keep him starting or bring him off the bench. We'll have to see come start of season.
                                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Working...
                                X