Jose to the Lakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose to the Lakers

Lakers get Jose, Raptors get Farmar and Adam Morrison's expiring contract and a draft pick if at all possible

Jack would become the starting PG.

Risky but maybe a good move as Farmar has some tools

Jose's defensive shortcomings could be masked by the Lakers and I think he'd pick up the triangle reasonably well

It's on the low end of the scale? No?

Unless, you're a big Jordan Farmer fan and think he can become a top 15 PG down the road.

An expiring contract + a decent role player/prospect + an end of first round draft pick for Calderon?
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Bad trade. It would make the Raptors worse and the Lakers a lot better.
      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Once you reach Max Level, you stop leveling

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Comment

OK, what's Jose worth?

Comment

Sam wrote: View Post
          OK, what's Jose worth?
          Sam, you came up with the Jose Calderon for Baron Davis trade idea last season, right? Something along those lines (borderline All-Star or notch below All-Star caliber player) ... as the high end of the scale talent wise = when trading for talent and not cap flexibility.

Or an elite role player -- I think I've seen Calderon to Portland for Przybilla trade ideas bouncing around -- I think that's along the right track too.

If one were trading Jose for an expiring + a young player (instead of straight talent, like Jose for BD) I would hope to get a better prospect than Jordan Farmer. I'd be looking for someone that could become an above average starter at their respective position down the road.

I think Calderon is far too valuable to give up in a straight salary dump. Both as a player in terms of value on the court + in terms of being a trade asset.

That's where I'd place Jose Calderon's value.
          Last edited by Dave; Sat Dec 5, 2009, 11:45 AM.
          nbaroundtable

Comment

How about Jose Calderon and a 2010 first round pick

for

Rodney Stucky and Jason Maxiell.

Comment

Lakers get Jose, Raptors get Farmar and Adam Morrison's expiring contract and a draft pick if at all possible

Jose's defensive shortcomings could be masked by the Lakers and I think he'd pick up the triangle reasonably well
              It sounds like the Lakers get Jose and the Raptors get hosed. Haven't the Lakers been given enough Spaniard free bees in Pau Gasol?

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              How about Jose Calderon and a 2010 first round pick

for

Rodney Stucky and Jason Maxiell.
              I think much more than Stucky for Calderon would be a tough sell at this point... Not that Stucky is going to make the team any better than Calderon can.

Comment

A logical destination for Jose is Philadelphia where Mo Williams is injured. They could use his outside shooting and more conservative approach to even things out. We shouldn't also discount previous trading history between teams, that always comes into play.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                  A logical destination for Jose is Philadelphia where Mo Williams is injured. They could use his outside shooting and more conservative approach to even things out. We shouldn't also discount previous trading history between teams, that always comes into play.
                  you mean lou williams?

but they just signed AI and they drafted holiday...so they should be good...

Comment

How about Jose for Odom! Raps have NO reason to give a quality starting PG up for virtually nothing! Lakers should bend over to pair up Spanish National Team stars Calderon & Gasol.
                    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                      How about Jose for Odom! Raps have NO reason to give a quality starting PG up for virtually nothing! Lakers should bend over to pair up Spanish National Team stars Calderon & Gasol.
                      Well I think out of any scenario/trading partner the Lakers really are it. I don't believe they'd give up Odom for Calderon though.

What may be more likely is:

Calderon and Wright for Walton, Morrison and Farmar and a first rounder.

However this doesn't make the team any better and I could only see this happening if Bosh was traded first.
                      “The choices you make in life, make you.” - John Wooden
                      twitter - scoutingbball

Comment

It would be fun to watch Lamar Odom play alongside Chris Bosh.

I don't think the Lakers would be willing to give up Odom for Calderon though. Odom is a lot more valuable for their team.
                        nbaroundtable

Comment

Working...
                        X