Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
    http://www.tsn.ca/shows/otr/

you can find it on the video player on the right hand side with the big picture of VC
    Thanks for posting this Ambidextrious.

Oak sounded like he had the flu or something. Looking forward to the cooking show. I laughed that he shot down Landsberg's invite to dinner at his house. He doesn't like garlic but he likes Caesar Salad? What?

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    i agree too... as much as i hate VC... if forced to pick one player in raptors history to date, and retire their jersey... there is nobody else
    Same here even if I don't think he is deserving of that honor.

jimmie wrote: View Post
    There's no obligation to honour VC just because he played for Toronto for 6 seasons and was the most productive player they've had so far. He gave up on Toronto; I wouldn't honour him here, either. If he goes into the Hall on the merit of scoring 20k points, that's fine -- just put him in there as a Net or something.
    I am of the belief that if they were to honor Vince or anybody to date like that they would be devaluing the whole honor. He never played in Toronto that long. He never helped his team accomplish anything significant even if he led them to their deepest run into the playoffs. Then you need to consider how he quit on the team and killed his trade value. He showed no professionalism during his last season in Toronto. Seriously, the guy tanked games and I feel faked an injury. You can't honor someone who does that, especially when they weren't there that long and their time amounted to nothing besides making MLSE more money.

Comment

Here it is!

Comment

do you think we could still compete for a title if we brought together t-mac, vince,camby back together now? maybe try to get nash or a veteran pf.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

ATT wrote: View Post
          Thanks man!!

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
            do you think we could still compete for a title if we brought together t-mac, vince,camby back together now? maybe try to get nash or a veteran pf.
            No.

Comment

NO. As we witnessed it wasnt easy for Lebron, Wade & Chrissy to get there....and the Heat as existed last season would be much better than the one you suggest. TMac hasnt won a playoff series and probably couldnt handle the workload...Carter is a much diminished talent now and even more afraid of getting his nose dirty....getting Nash and a standout PF is easier said than possible. More importantly after mortgaging the future of the Raps to put that team together (...and they fail)...what then?

Comment

I'm sure that team would be able to take down the Globetrotters. Based on what I saw last season, at this point step ladders might really help elevate T-Mac's game.

Comment

On Vince..
                  Retire jersey, NO. honor him with some kind of achievement award? YES. will he accept it? i highly doubt it.

As much as I hate Vince, and i truly hate him, because if he just waited for one more year, he wouldve played with a 20-10 Bosh and who knows the damage they couldve done in the east (forget Tmac), i dont fully blame him. i think management had a lot do with him leaving. hiring a rooking coach in sam mitchell and drafting araujo were probably the ones that did vince in. not to mention acquiring jalen rose and donyell marshall who were pretty much in the twilight of their careers.

Comment

it was pretty funny watching Tmac act all badass like he doesnt give a shit.
                    imagine how huge his ego would be if he was still good.

VC seemed at ease. seemed like he accepted the fact that he did toronto wrong and came to terms with what he did. doesnt look like he's ready to go down on his knees and beg toronto to forgive him, which i dont think he needs to do, but just accepting the fact that he turned his back on toronto and came to terms with it is fine with me.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                      On Vince..
                      Retire jersey, NO. honor him with some kind of achievement award? YES. will he accept it? i highly doubt it.

As much as I hate Vince, and i truly hate him, because if he just waited for one more year, he wouldve played with a 20-10 Bosh and who knows the damage they couldve done in the east (forget Tmac), i dont fully blame him. i think management had a lot do with him leaving. hiring a rooking coach in sam mitchell and drafting araujo were probably the ones that did vince in. not to mention acquiring jalen rose and donyell marshall who were pretty much in the twilight of their careers.
                      It's been well documented that the main reason why Vince was unhappy with the Organization was because he wanted Julius Erving as the G.M. as he felt Dr. J could help lure players to the City. He also felt that as the Captain and Franchise player, he deserved to have input in the direction the team was headed. Upon the hiring of Rob Babcock (and Sam Mitchell, Babcocks friend from Minni), he felt he was being ignored, and it was clear the team was going in the different direction than was previously indicated to him.

He wanted nothing but the best for this organization.
                      Yes he got lazy, but it was clashing with Sam that really put him over the edge.

I still have nothing but love for the guy.
                      All those 3-Pointers he hit at the buzzer to beat us, time and time again, made me smile deep down.

He wants us to love him. He just doesn't know how to say.
                      Last edited by Joey; Mon Nov 7, 2011, 12:16 PM.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                        VC seemed at ease. seemed like he accepted the fact that he did toronto wrong and came to terms with what he did.
                        I didn't get that at all. He never said he was sorry. He said he matured in Toronto and then moved on. He never said "my bad, I wasn't professional" or "my bad, I faked an injury and started tanking games" or "my bad, I was such a punk that my head coach had to go all Brock Lesnar on me in the dressing room".

I tell you what would be a very entertaining OTR. Vince Carter and Sam Mitchell in studio. I'd like to see how nonchalant Vince would be with Sam calling him a punk to his face. Maybe it wouldn't go to that extreme because Sam is a good guy but Sam doesn't pull punches either.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I tell you what would be a very entertaining OTR. Vince Carter and Sam Mitchell in studio. I'd like to see how nonchalant Vince would be with Sam calling him a punk to his face. Maybe it wouldn't go to that extreme because Sam is a good guy but Sam doesn't pull punches either.
                          i'd rather see Sam and Rafer... it'd be like seeing ike and tina on a talk show discussing their past "domestics"

Comment

I'll pass. I don't enjoy watching grown men cry.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I didn't get that at all. He never said he was sorry. He said he matured in Toronto and then moved on. He never said "my bad, I wasn't professional" or "my bad, I faked an injury and started tanking games" or "my bad, I was such a punk that my head coach had to go all Brock Lesnar on me in the dressing room".

i didnt mean he was sorry, i dont think he'll ever be sorry or at least come out and say it.

The vibe that i got was he knows what he did to Toronto hurt the fans and the franchise, and he knows that he was the bad guy. Coz in interviews in the past, it always seemed that he despised toronto and was in denial that what he did was wrong, like he was the super athlete and whatever he did was the right thing. I havent seen the whole show, but i saw the part where they were talking about the what ifs, and when lansberg asked him if his jersey should be retired, he said well thats up to the fans...

Comment

Working...
                              X