Is Derozan contract that bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    The amount of calls he didn't get from the refs, and should have, was ridiculous tonight. I'm not worried.
    I dunno. His game is so predictable driving right into defenders. Refs haven't been bailing him out for years.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      If it wasn't for the 0-0 at the free throw line I never would have caught the sarcasm. My blood pressure was rising as I thought of missed layups, missed jumpers, blown rotations, and horrible defense on base line screens.
      Lol, even his pre-game speech was weak....

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        The amount of calls he didn't get from the refs, and should have, was ridiculous tonight. I'm not worried.
        He is never going to get a call until he starts taking shots that have a chance to go in or he starts trying to dunk EVERYTHING.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
          I dunno. His game is so predictable driving right into defenders. Refs haven't been bailing him out for years.
          Exactly. defenders only have to put their hands up and contest because Demar isn't a great finisher. He's too one-dimensional

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
            Are we overpaying him? Yea probably a little, but we have no choice if we want to keep him.
            I don't want to keep him at 10 mil per season. The only statistical category where he's above average is minutes played. The main pro-DeMar argument seems to be 'he can score'. The percentage of NBA players who can manage to score point totals in the mid teens if you lock them in to starter minutes and a green light is higher than you think. I'm sure Ed Davis could muster up 13-14 if we ran him out there that much and fed him the rock 12+ times a game.

And what theoretical teams were out there just salivating to overpay a guy who has never posted a league average PER? And if they're out there then they're welcome to it. But why not make him prove it this year. It's not like we couldn't match. There was no pressure to make this extension happen now. Especially for a guy who hasn't proven he's worth it, at all. He is literally the exact reason for the entire restricted free agency process whereby you can let the market set the price. This decision is stupid and the more I think about it the stupider I think it is.

I've never been a 'fire BC' person, but anyone who keeps talking about 'flexibility' should look around for open containers of industrial solvents, because paying 17 million a year for the Fields/DeRozan combo (both of whom lost 4th quarter time tonight to a 2 pg lineup and Allan Anderson) is exactly how you kill your cap flexibility.

By the way, I'm super excited for the 12 million per year we're inevitably giving Davis as soon as he's eligible.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
              most NBA players at the 2 or 3 are better defenders and rebounders then DD so what's your point?!

Drummond is a project yes but so is Ross and right now I rather take the rookie who is build like a tank then the twinner rookie who can't drive to the basket or aim at the net.
              That's exactly my point, anyone is better!!! And it sure doesn't cost $40 Mil! Look, if they did snag Drummond, then this signing may make sense. But with Ross, he will rot in the pine for the next 4 years to justify this joke of a contract for DD. I'm not disagreeing with you, I just think this kind of money thrown at someone like DD is ludicrous!!!

What really gets me is, he's not even a "Casey" type player. Now, DC will not have a choice but to play him more now. If people thought that the Landry contract was bad, this I think is twice as bad.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

LamarVannoy wrote: View Post

By the way, I'm super excited for the 12 million per year we're inevitably giving Davis as soon as he's eligible.
                Will we have enough for Lowry?! lol Lowry is probably licking his lips saying "damn I can get Max contract out of these fools"

Comment

I was probably in the minority but was hoping for Nash. The Fields signing didn't bother me much. Not trading Bargnani after so many seasons was odd, but somewhat understood.. however this contract for DeMar - that's just over the top!

I was patient with Bryan.. but not anymore. I really hope we do not pick up his extension. 2012 has been a real disappointment, and the season is only 1 game old.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    If it wasn't for the 0-0 at the free throw line I never would have caught the sarcasm. My blood pressure was rising as I thought of missed layups, missed jumpers, blown rotations, and horrible defense on base line screens.
                    Is that Derozan or Bargnani you're talking about?

Comment

Derozen has shown nothing to say he's worth 10mill/year. Yea ok 15 pts/game...but that's on a below par team where he was given the shots to get that many pts. I was upset before the game...now I'm pissed after watching him struggle the entire night. We're going to be stuck in mediocrity for another 4 years with him on this team.

Comment

We can only hope this is a precursor for a trade....

Comment

chrischris wrote: View Post
                          Derozen has shown nothing to say he's worth 10mill/year. Yea ok 15 pts/game...but that's on a below par team where he was given the shots to get that many pts. I was upset before the game...now I'm pissed after watching him struggle the entire night. We're going to be stuck in mediocrity for another 4 years with him on this team.
                          Unfortunately true. You don't see teams going deep in the playoffs with sub par starting sg's that are below average defenders at best

Comment

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
                              Is that Derozan or Bargnani you're talking about?
                              Lol, how many times did we hear Devlin say, "no help D", while Bargnani stood on the weak side with his thumb up his butt? Not exaggerating when I say it was at least 3 times in the first half alone.

Comment

We've hoped this before. It's never a precursor for a trade. BC likes to dish out big money to mediocre talent.

Comment

Working...
                                X