Will DC cost us the series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GLF wrote: View Post
    Absolutely NO ONE should be shocked that Casey is going to cost us this series because of his stubborn ways lol. This has been him all season. He will not play Landry, he will not take Terrence out of the starting lineup, he will not start Patterson over Amir and he will not stop playing Salmons or Hayes. It's just as simple as that so we all might as well get over it and take our game seven loss in peace. We can't change it because Casey can't hear us and even if he could probably won't listen to us so we might as well just let the chips fall where they may.
    Yeah I just accepted the DC is just to damn stubborn to do anything different, like yesterday we were making a run and he took out DeRozan because that's when he usually takes him out in the regular season. He keeps playing Salmonella when he's is the worst player in the playoffs. Hayes playing over Hansbro is insane. Fields must be injured because DC refuses to play him when in game 2 , Fields provided good 1on1 defense on JJ. Amir Johnson has been complete garbage this whole series except for 1 game and he still starts even though Patterson is playing better than him in every aspect.
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
      Yeah I just accepted the DC is just to damn stubborn to do anything different, like yesterday we were making a run and he took out DeRozan because that's when he usually takes him out in the regular season. He keeps playing Salmonella when he's is the worst player in the playoffs. Hayes playing over Hansbro is insane. Fields must be injured because DC refuses to play him when in game 2 , Fields provided good 1on1 defense on JJ. Amir Johnson has been complete garbage this whole series except for 1 game and he still starts even though Patterson is playing better than him in every aspect.
      Exactly. Casey is just crazy or an idiot, there is no other explanation than that.
      I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
        That timeout he called to destrpy our momentum, midway through the fourth, that was fucking stupid though
        Not really though tbh. He set up a nice play, where the nets had doubled lowry/derozan midcourt which left pat patterson for a wide open corner 3 which he missed. Momentum would have shifted had he made that shot which would have put us behind by single digits.

It was the first quarter and getting outrebounded for the whole game are what cost them the game. Terrible terrible matador defense. Plus Amir played like Javale McGee in the early sequence (chose to tip in a TRoss lob instead of dunking it like he usually does, wasn't alert on the play where he didn't anticipate lowry's pass, poor post defense on KG and Blatche).

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
          I don't think changing Amir and Pattman is the problem. If Amir was getting the ball on the roll more he would be more useful.

I would argue more that Casey is urging our bigs to crash the boards less for the sake of his defense...at the expense of our biggest advantage. We should be crashing them hard and forcing them to play Plumlee and Garnett to counter this....because the Teletovic and Blatche line up has been doing some damage lately.

Casey playing players against their strengths once again...

Comment

GLF wrote: View Post
            Exactly. Casey is just crazy or an idiot, there is no other explanation than that.
            Could say the same thing about Vogel for sticking with Hibbert.
            And McHale for not going to Asik sooner in the series.
            Or Kidd for limiting Garnett's minutes so strictly.
            Or how about firing Pop for keeping Timmy out on that crucial game 6 play not once but twice last year? Better fire that guy, he must be crazy or an idiot...
            etc

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
              Could say the same thing about Vogel for sticking with Hibbert.
              And McHale for not going to Asik sooner in the series.
              Or Kidd for limiting Garnett's minutes so strictly.
              Or how about firing Pop for keeping Timmy out on that crucial game 6 play not once but twice last year? Better fire that guy, he must be crazy or an idiot...
              etc
              I like this.

Comment

Outside of Hibbert none of the others make sense.

Comment

brothersteve wrote: View Post
                  Raptors Terrence Ross Is Learning From The Playoff Grind

Everybody should know by now that Casey's instructions are to develop the young guys and let the chips fall where they may. This is going to create some "shit" rotations and substitutions that aren't always in the best interests of winning games - and its allowed JV to have some monster games in the playoffs.
                  This isn't an NBA Championship team - not yet anyway
                  This pretty much confirms why Casey is screwing things up. He's not even hiding the fact that he doesn't trust JV and Ross, which is pretty obvious when you watch the offense. He's basically ignoring them like they are going to f*** up every offensive set, so I guess Casey's mindset is something like this.... "I'd rather have DD and Lowry hoist up contested bricks against double and triple teams" vs. having the ball in JV or Ross's hands, even for a split second. The Nets KNOW THIS, and it's sooo obvious that they won't even allow simple pick and rolls. Do you see how far Garnett cheats on Lowry or DD on the pick and roll? JV is wide open, yes, but Garnett is basically right up on DD/Lowry with his hands straight up in the air, with the other guard cutting off the bounce pass. Casey's mistrust has made the Raps offense really easy to defend. We're basically back to the Rudy Gay offense from the beginning of the year.

What's the point of 'getting the young guys experience', if you're basically going to tell those young guys to go sit in a corner. Even worse, you're going away from what was successful and hurting the whole team.

I mean what kind of moron coach broadcasts to the world that he's got a couple of weak links in starting lineup? And JV is actually one of our biggest strengths. And especially spewing this crap in the playoffs. I've never heard this kind of thing before. It's ridiculous.
                  Last edited by golden; Sat May 3, 2014, 10:55 PM.

Comment

“I think (Ross) is soaking up some minutes,” Casey said. “Both of (Ross and Valanciunas) are soaking up big minutes. Probably, if they weren’t young guys, they probably wouldn’t be. If it wasn’t our future, our direction, (they) probably wouldn’t be in there with some of the mistakes they are making.

“They are our guys. They got to learn, this is their first playoff. I expect a lot of their mistakes, so we are going to ride with them in those situations.”
                    Aaaaaand this is why I hate Casey. Completely gutless way to cover his own ass if we lose the series.

Even if what he says is true, there's no reason to air this out publicly (oh wait, of course there is - to manufacture an excuse for yourself).
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

I mean Christ, way to give your kids a nice boost of confidence before the biggest game of their lives.
                      - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                        Aaaaaand this is why I hate Casey. Completely gutless way to cover his own ass if we lose the series.

Even if what he says is true, there's no reason to air this out publicly (oh wait, of course there is - to manufacture an excuse for yourself).
                        Hope MU is listening and assessing.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
                          Not really though tbh. He set up a nice play, where the nets had doubled lowry/derozan midcourt which left pat patterson for a wide open corner 3 which he missed. Momentum would have shifted had he made that shot which would have put us behind by single digits.

It was the first quarter and getting outrebounded for the whole game are what cost them the game. Terrible terrible matador defense. Plus Amir played like Javale McGee in the early sequence (chose to tip in a TRoss lob instead of dunking it like he usually does, wasn't alert on the play where he didn't anticipate lowry's pass, poor post defense on KG and Blatche).
                          We were on a semi-break in transition. Me, I think you should let them play that out. One of my pet peeves about NBA head coaches is when they micro-manage with timeouts.
                          - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Superjudge wrote: View Post
                            I like this.

Kidd limiting Garnett's minutes is actually a very good thing for that team. They play better without him. Also Pop has done so much good in his career you can allow that mistake. McHale can be called out I guess because Houston did end up losing the series. But at least he figured it out at some point. Casey has done absolutely nothing to change it up. Indiana ended up winning the series so I guess he isn't too crazy. And I don't think they have anyone better to take Hibbert's minutes. I don't think you want to be starting Mahimi.
                            I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

DC cost us series period.

Comment

DC has to be fired (not retained). There is nothing holding back Masai now.

Comment

Working...
                                X