Hedo & VC Make the All-NBA Disappointment Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hedo & VC Make the All-NBA Disappointment Team

And to make it worst, they both made the first team.

- for Hedo ... - for Vince.

Not surprised by either, but if you asked me at the start of the season I don't think many would of seen Hedo underachieving as terribly as he has to date this year with the Raps.

F: Hedo Turkoglu, Raptors. Toronto has indeed improved from last season, but its $52 million man is frustrated, and has met with front-office personnel to discuss his confined role. His shooting percentages are up -- he's even surpassed 40 percent from the three-point line -- but his scoring average has dropped 3.7 points to 13.1. Too often for his tastes, he's told to go stand in the corner and wait for a pass, an approach that doesn't take advantage of his versatility.
    G: Vince Carter, Magic. The Magic's offseason decision to trade for Carter and let Hedo Turkoglu seek his free-agent millions elsewhere set off a chain reaction of disappointment that has spread across two continents. Carter has always been the classic great player who doesn't help his team win, and that hasn't changed in Orlando. Although Carter is averaging 17.4 points in 30.9 minutes, he is shooting a career-low 39.2 percent from the field and 30.9 percent from three-point range. But that hasn't stopped him from attempting 131 more shots than any of his teammates. Orlando has won two of three since he was sidelined with a separated shoulder, and there's been talk that Carter could come off the bench when he returns as the Magic seek a better mix.
    Source - Click here

Totally agree with the assessment of Hedo. Most of time its almost like they think he's Jason friggin' Kapono. The man can do a lot but its tough to see in the current format with Jose dominating the ball.... Great to see him name mentioned with two guys from the O.K.Carral.

Comment

Orlando is struggling mightily without Hedo. His playmaking and creativity is desperately missed down there.

Comment

If you offered Orlando a straight-up swap, they'd jump on it. In fact, this works:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yz4thsd

Comment

Not so sure about that. Wasn't one of the reasons why they let him go was because they didn't want to pay him what the market was going to offer, $10M/yr?

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            If you offered Orlando a straight-up swap, they'd jump on it. In fact, this works:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=yz4thsd
            Can you imagine VC getting booed at the ACC AS A RAPTOR!?! VC a good player and all, but it would take awhile for VC to win over the fan base again.
            "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Dark Knight wrote: View Post
              Can you imagine VC getting booed at the ACC AS A RAPTOR!?! VC a good player and all, but it would take awhile for VC to win over the fan base again.
              Not to mention the ridiculousness of it all when you factor in what the Raptors got for Vince when they traded him in his prime and what the Raptors will trade for Vince when he is in his years of decline.

Comment

Not much of a chance Otis Smith will do an exchange...I think these guys have a bit of ego, right?...unless of course Dwight sits on his face. Howards touches have gone down some this year...more so because of VC's penchant for shooting so much. But he is misfiring and thats the nub isnt it? Personally though I could not stand VC back here. Too much salt.

ps...the Magic got waxed yesterday by a Roy-less Portland. It was VC's first game back after his shoulder problem. I caught some of it and he was brutal...jacking up 3s...1 for 6 of 7 total shots taken....5 pts. 0 asts. 22 mins.

Comment

Lets just pretend this idea never happened!
                  The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

If Hedo wants to get the ball more, he has to do more with it. His handle has been beyond bad. He turns it over, he can't finish at the rim, and his "playmaking" so far this year has mainly consisted of taking a big curl to the corner and then getting stripped of the ball while flinging his hands in the air wildly.

Or, my personal fave, he finds the last possible option on the floor - Amir or Wright usually - for a shot which they are then compelled to take because everyone's confused and out of sequence.

He's just plain sucked except for the 3-pointer, so big surprise that's all they want him to do?

Comment

i think hedo are just adjusting with his new team mates... i mean he's just new in raptors...i mean... give him time...and the "real hedo" will come back....

Comment

Working...
                      X