Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeRozan Key To Bargnani's Offensive Consistency? ...And Production?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The year before then?

Comment

To Frank and Multi and all other guys who think AB is better than Bosh and Bosh was actually slowing the team down and .....

Give us a prediction for the win total this year ? Based on what you all are saying, this team has much better players this year and has 1 year more experience. So what is number ?

One thing I like about Bosh leaving is that we will finally will have an answer to the question, who is better, AB or CB4 ?

Comment

Sounds good. 08-09

Comment

Alright. So Chris Bosh 2008-2009 Vs. Andrea Bargnani 2010-2011. Let's put them head to head in every standard category. Loser has to make a pointless, shallow thread that no one will read proclaiming their love for the winning player and the respective winner.

Comment

Its not that one is actually better then the other. Its that they don't compliment each other on the defensive end. Plain and simple. Both are outstanding offensive players and I would give the edge to Bosh on the offensive end. It was in the defensive end that I was most anti bosh. His lack of blocks for a 6:11 guy really bothered me. Especially since he average 1.4 blocks in his first year. Who the hell gets worse at blocking shots from 19 to 26?

Comment

The whole thread for me has been about offense.

Defense, that's for another 8 page thread.

Comment

Raptors win 38 games next year. Actually the raptors 2009 version is way more talented then the 2010 raptors version. This years raps team has talent that compliments each other as last years team was unbalanced. Should this team over achieve we could see a 8 seed.

Comment

Oh no, we were making progress here for a second Franthetank. We're officially off the rails again. hahaha

Comment

Raps sign Barnes
                    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5393637

Comment

Attention deficit disorder in the house lol

Comment

Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                        "You can't simply pick and choose the stats that seem to support your argument and ignore the rest.

Are you sure we're the one's whose minds are already made up? Because it seems to me that you are purposely ignoring evidence that disproves your theory. "
                        I actually gave you more proof then in you've given. The fact is that were more right then you and apollo are. Scoring isn't the problem here its defense and i've said that over and over. The real question is will Toronto become a better defensive team without Bosh.
                        You mentioned four teams, and said that was proof that Bargnani can score against anyone. I brought up six teams that he performed poorly against, and I only made it up to `n's. I'm not sure how that's more proof.

As for whether they will be a better defensive team, I have no idea. Bosh is a pretty good defender so the fact that Bosh is not on the team won't have a positive affect on the defense. If Bargnani is still on the team, they certainly won't be a good defensive team, but they certainly seem to be trying to shore up the defense, so it's a good bet it will be better. They got rid of Turkoglu and attempted to trade Calderon, and drafted two bigs who have the potential to be excellent defenders.

As Apollo said, though, this whole thread is about offense, not defense. Defensively, Bargnani is poor. If you're going to try and argue in Bargnani's favour, it's best not to bring up defense.

These are the people apollo said can guard Bargni:
                        "Thank you.

Chandler, Horford, Noah, Perkins, Dalembert, Nene, Brook Lopez. All backed up by stats if need be."
                        So their we go these guys can't really guard bargni. I think the best ones for guarding Bargni are Noah and Nene because they're fast enough to keep bargni in front of them. These are two of the best defensive big men in the league.
                        You don't need to be really quick against Bargnani, just above average athletically, because he can't take anyone off the dribble, anyway. As long as the center is able to move his feet, he can guard Bargnani.

IT looks like your right on one point. Bosh certainly averages more turnovers a game Bosh 2.4 turnovers a game compared to Bargnis 1.5 turnovers a game.
                        He's right on the other points, too, but since you focused on turnovers, how many turnovers per possession did each player have? Or turnovers per assist, as Apollo mentioned? Simply talking about turnovers doesn't tell you anything without knowing what kind of roll a player played on the team. Dirk turned the ball over over more than Dampier. What does that tell you?

Its not that one is actually better then the other. Its that they don't compliment each other on the defensive end. Plain and simple. Both are outstanding offensive players and I would give the edge to Bosh on the offensive end. It was in the defensive end that I was most anti bosh. His lack of blocks for a 6:11 guy really bothered me. Especially since he average 1.4 blocks in his first year. Who the hell gets worse at blocking shots from 19 to 26?
                        As I said, the whole thread is about offense, and Bosh is a much better offensive player than Bargnani. Bargnani is a better shooter from 3 point range, but that's about it. On defense, Bosh is also superior. Blocks tell you absolutely nothing about how good a defender is, just as steals don't. Karl Malone made the All-Defensive first team twice without averaging more than a block and a half a game, and actually averaged less than a block a game over the course of his career. Dennis ROdman was one of the best defensive PFs to ever play the game and never even averaged one block per game over his entire career. Shawn Bradley averaged 2.5 bpg over the course of his career, including leading the league one year and being in the top 5 7 years, but never once made one All-Defensive team.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Attention deficit disorder in the house lol
                          LOOOL, Awsome

Comment

"The deal, which is scheduled to be finalized on Tuesday, will pay Barnes nearly $10 million over the next two seasons, according to sources close to the process."

Damn, 5 million per season .WOW, Is he worth that kind of money ? He was making 1.8 last year !

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                              "The deal, which is scheduled to be finalized on Tuesday, will pay Barnes nearly $10 million over the next two seasons, according to sources close to the process."

Damn, 5 million per season .WOW, Is he worth that kind of money ? He was making 1.8 last year !
                              There were other teams interested in his services, including the Lakers, Boston and to a lesser extent the Cavs. To entice a free agent away from the first two teams is money which LA and Boston have little left of. The cavs probably offered something and the Raptors had to beat it hence the 2 year 9-10 million deal. luckily its only for 2 years so not really a bad contract at all.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                                As far as I can see Bosh has a much more superior FG%, he gets to the line far more often, makes more assists, grabs more rebounds on both sides of the court, has a neutral A/T(Bargnani's is negative), averages more blocks, averages more steals, averages less fouls, has a PER that makes Bargnani's look pathetic, has a much higher TS%, has a much better offensive rating and a better defensive rating. Please explain your statement.

Chris Bosh Stats
                                Andrea Bargnani Stats
                                Mathletics. It is all there in the numbers boys!

BargsWorldOrder

Comment

Working...
                                X