The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    How was Black Flag? I've been a huge AC fan since the beginning, but was turned off by AC3 (I loved the spec-ops style stealth needed in the early games, but felt AC3 was more of brawler-combat type game). I also wasn't a huge fan of the naval missions, hence my reluctance to get Black Flag yet (after pre-ordering the last 3 games).
    AC3 was terrible. I didn't finish it (not even close) but I've completed all the others.

Black flag is really good. There are a lot of missions where you have the choice of stealth or brawl, with stealth being the optimal choice.

The naval parts are really fun. Board a disabled ship , kill the captain and crew and take it for your fleet or use it to repair your own ship. Steal their cargo and use it to upgrade your ship for better cannons, mortars, etc. if you tire of the naval parts, you can fast travel to tons of places to skip it but you'll miss out on all the awesome sea chanty's your crew will sing (Yo ho, yo ho!). You can collect new chanty's in each town to mix it up and as silly as it sounds, they are a good touch.

The story line is quite good. The initial concepts of why this guy gets involved in it all (he's neither a Templar or an assassin) is a bit weak if you think about it too much but his character makes sense. The fighting is supposed to be a bit harder than before but I honestly don't remember well enough to compare.

Overall I'd say it's one of the better ones. If you liked all the rest of the series, forget about AC3 and get back on board, cause this game fits with the rest. Plus if you have the other games save files on your system, you can dress as Ezio or Altair instead. The Ezio robes fit well with the period.
    Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
      AC3 was terrible. I didn't finish it (not even close) but I've completed all the others.

Black flag is really good. There are a lot of missions where you have the choice of stealth or brawl, with stealth being the optimal choice.

The naval parts are really fun. Board a disabled ship , kill the captain and crew and take it for your fleet or use it to repair your own ship. Steal their cargo and use it to upgrade your ship for better cannons, mortars, etc. if you tire of the naval parts, you can fast travel to tons of places to skip it but you'll miss out on all the awesome sea chanty's your crew will sing (Yo ho, yo ho!). You can collect new chanty's in each town to mix it up and as silly as it sounds, they are a good touch.

The story line is quite good. The initial concepts of why this guy gets involved in it all (he's neither a Templar or an assassin) is a bit weak if you think about it too much but his character makes sense. The fighting is supposed to be a bit harder than before but I honestly don't remember well enough to compare.

Overall I'd say it's one of the better ones. If you liked all the rest of the series, forget about AC3 and get back on board, cause this game fits with the rest. Plus if you have the other games save files on your system, you can dress as Ezio or Altair instead. The Ezio robes fit well with the period.
      Sounds good, thanks for the review. I finished AC3 (I'm way too much of a completionist lol) and then asked myself why I wasted soooo much time with some of the ridiculous side quests (some good ideas that became a bore to complete - ie: hunting & homestead).

I think my wife is getting it for me for xmas anyway, so I'm glad to hear it's better than AC3 at least!

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        Sounds good, thanks for the review. I finished AC3 (I'm way too much of a completionist lol) and then asked myself why I wasted soooo much time with some of the ridiculous side quests (some good ideas that became a bore to complete - ie: hunting & homestead).

I think my wife is getting it for me for xmas anyway, so I'm glad to hear it's better than AC3 at least!
        Nice. #1 piece of advice, don't pay to lower your notoriety. Let the pirate hunters come because if you take them out, you get good stuff (materials) for upgrading your ship (which in turn will make it easier to take the hunters out, and repeat). Eventually your ship is just badass and you can take out anyone on the high seas. Also, if you board a ship in the middle of a giant battle, none of the other ships will attack you until your done and you can use it to repair your own ship, so focus on one ship at a time.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• I've been playing killzone for the PS Vita a lot lately. It's really good campaign wise... I have not entered multiplayer much yet.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• anyone here on dead rising 3? i'm probably 13 hours ahead of you right now but i do love killing zombies with crowbars tied around sledgehammers.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
              anyone here on dead rising 3? i'm probably 13 hours ahead of you right now but i do love killing zombies with crowbars tied around sledgehammers.
              I downloaded the demo but haven't had time to try it out yet, how is it? I've never been one to become consumed by FPS's but I am currently obsessed with BF4 lol

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                I downloaded the demo but haven't had time to try it out yet, how is it? I've never been one to become consumed by FPS's but I am currently obsessed with BF4 lol
                it's pretty sweet. haven't gotten into any multi-player yet though. something about slicing zombies in half with a samurai sword and then having both halves awkwardly crawl at you before you stomp on their heads makes me happy.

have you been getting angry with your xbox? i have been threatening it with consequences if it makes me speak things twice.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                  it's pretty sweet. haven't gotten into any multi-player yet though. something about slicing zombies in half with a samurai sword and then having both halves awkwardly crawl at you before you stomp on their heads makes me happy.

have you been getting angry with your xbox? i have been threatening it with consequences if it makes me speak things twice.
                  Nice, im curious about what the co-op is like in that game.

LOL I'm loving the xbox! I haven't had any issues with commands aside from a couple instances where "xbox on" didn't work. Aside from that, I'm actually shocked and impressed at how well the commands actually do work. Huge improvement over the first Kinect. I was actually expecting to get a bit frustrated with the voice commands and assumed I probably would never use them but I have been pleasantly surprised and find I use them quite a bit just cause its faster.

Comment

• Picked up Terraria for Vita. I hated it at first. Then I figured out the controls. Now I like it more than the PC version.

Sent from my Note 3 using Tapatalk

Comment

• If anyone wants to go on a crime spree in GTA 5 for the 360 hit me up! Gamertag: FlaKesElTruCho

Comment

• I'm searching hard for the PS4, damn thing is sold out everywhere!
                        I find it in stock once in a while at Future shop or Best Buy but by the time i check back like in an hour they all gone haha.
                        Think my best bet is Eb games since they re stock much more frequently

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          I'm searching hard for the PS4, damn thing is sold out everywhere!
                          I find it in stock once in a while at Future shop or Best Buy but by the time i check back like in an hour they all gone haha.
                          Buy ps4 from eBay.

Comment

I'm searching hard for the PS4, damn thing is sold out everywhere!
                            I feel you. I had to drive an hour and a half to get mine, and that was mid-December.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post
                              Buy ps4 from eBay.
                              Naw man. I wanna buy it in store, the thrill of walking out of the store with a brand new console is just fuckin awesome haha
                              Plus i gotta pick up 2k14 and a ps plus card with it. Its hard to find bundles

Comment

Naw man. I wanna buy it in store, the thrill of walking out of the store with a brand new console is just fuckin awesome haha
                                Plus i gotta pick up 2k14 and a ps plus card with it. Its hard to find bundles
                                hah

Comment

Working...
                                X