Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

mcHAPPY wrote: View Post
      That is the key.

People don't like what they don't know.
      Or as my boss always says, "people don't know what they don't know"

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
        I am not mad the picked the kid it's when they did it. Between us and 37 there was Phoenix at 27 and spur at 30. I think both are too early for Bruno . We got nothing for our 37 pick

pop looked pretty pissed with anderson. if the stated plan of bruno at 22 happens are you still mad.

i am more impressed that scouts were able to keep a 6"9 18 year old under the radar so much that the hype machine didn't blow him up. kanter got picked 3rd due to size and how he preformed in one exhibition game.

Comment

Very true

I'm not going to lie.

I was stunned and "WTF!?!?!" at first.

I didn't post until a couple of hours after the pick.

I did a lot of thinking and googling in those two hours to come to the conclusion I did.

But I wasn't keen immediately.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
            pop looked pretty pissed with anderson. if the stated plan of bruno at 22 happens are you still mad.

i am more impressed that scouts were able to keep a 6"9 18 year old under the radar so much that the hype machine didn't blow him up. kanter got picked 3rd due to size and how he preformed in one exhibition game.
            Kanter is a good example.

'Po too.

Comment

I'm not going to lie.

I was stunned and "WTF!?!?!" at first.

I didn't post until a couple of hours after the pick.

I did a lot of thinking in those two hours to come to the conclusion I did.

But I wasn't keen immediately.
              He should have trade the 37 and 59 for something anything such a waste

Comment

Apparently Masai promised him a few months back.

@Chr1st1anL

Comment

Easier said than done I think.

You can't make a team deal with you.

3 of the top players in the league right now have it held hostage.

Teams are waiting on Melo, LBJ, and Love.

Comment

The only thing that surprised me is that MU didn't go ahead and pull the trigger on the Memphis trade. I thought it was a pretty good deal, even if their primary target wasn't available. There were several well known players available at 22 which, at the very least, would have become solid trade bait (ie: Napier/Hood and Prince's expiring contract). Hell, why not do the trade and grab Napier, then try to work out a deal with Phoenix to swap PGs (ie: Ennis for Napier & #59/future 2nd)?

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      The only thing that surprised me is that MU didn't go ahead and pull the trigger on the Memphis trade. I thought it was a pretty good deal, even if their primary target wasn't available. There were several well known players available at 22 which, at the very least, would have become solid trade bait (ie: Napier/Hood and Prince's expiring contract). Hell, why not do the trade and grab Napier, then try to work out a deal with Phoenix to swap PGs (ie: Ennis for Napier & #59/future 2nd?).
                      I'm guessing:

1) PHX didn't want Napier

2) PHX wanted more than another PG or 2nd round pick (i.e. Bruno)

Not taking on the contract of Prince also helps protect Raps if Lowry walks. They will be able to go after Bledsoe or make lopsided $$$ trades.

Going to be another interesting 2 weeks coming up.

Comment

F*** Brooklyn? No. F*** Phoenix!

Here's what I question why didn't Phoenix take Ennis over this kid if he is so good. They knew like us that we would work him out

Comment

I'm guessing:

1) PHX didn't want Napier

2) PHX wanted more than another PG or 2nd round pick (i.e. Bruno)

Not taking on the contract of Prince also helps protect Raps if Lowry walks. They will be able to go after Bledsoe or make lopsided $$$ trades.

Going to be another interesting 2 weeks coming up.
                          Even if a deal with Phoeniex wasn't possible, I still think it would've been a good move. The only negative aspect about it was taking on Prince's contract. I suppose I just think that whatever player they picked would've had decent immediate trade value, possibly even to unload a contract. Or, another way to look at it is if the player picked @ #22 would have been a better prospect than Daniels @ #37, when Prince's contract was factored in. Tough to say, without knowing what else MU has planned.

Comment

50+ picks have essentially zero value. If there was someone he wanted there he could have bought a pick, as evidenced by half the 50+ picks being sold off on draft night. At 37 he got a promising 3+D prospect - what more could you want? In the second round if you get a guy who develops into a role player you've been very successful.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Here's what I question why didn't Phoenix take Ennis over this kid if he is so good. They knew like us that we would work him out

Maybe they didn't have the balls to use #18 on such a prospect?

Maybe they figured Ujiri would make a lopsided deal for the hometown kid?

I'm not sure but I feel confident in those trains of thought.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                                Even if a deal with Phoeniex wasn't possible, I still think it would've been a good move. The only negative aspect about it was taking on Prince's contract. I suppose I just think that whatever player they picked would've had decent immediate trade value, possibly even to unload a contract. Or, another way to look at it is if the player picked @ #22 would have been a better prospect than Daniels @ #37, when Prince's contract was factored in. Tough to say, without knowing what else MU has planned.
                                I expect the team just wasn't enamoured with the prospects available around 22 once Ennis and Caboclo were gone, and were going to be just as happy with a guy at 37 as they would be with the guys there at 22.
                                twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

Working...
                                X