Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This tweet sums up Casey's rotation problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This tweet sums up Casey's rotation problems...

I checked the box score and he's right.

Reading it just makes me angry. Amir's arguably been our MVP this year, and he's been benched the past few games because we have to make up for Fields' terrible contract. Both statistically, and just watching games, you can tell he does nothing but help the team when he's on the floor. And this is just one example....ex. Telfair getting no minutes last night when all JL3 was doing was firing away, as per usual.

Thoughts?
    Twitter - @thekid_it

I don't think Fields contract is the reason behind playing/starting.

It is the matchup with Melo at the 4 they were trying to neutralize.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      I don't think Fields contract is the reason behind playing/starting.

It is the matchup with Melo at the 4 they were trying to neutralize.
      Good use of the word "trying".
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Also Telfair was injured. The Raptors are pretty banged-up just now!
        Twitter:@coachclement

The best way to predict your future is to create it - Peter Drucker

Comment

Yeah, I don't think roster decisions have anything more to do than Casey's obsession with small-ball. Granted we lack bigs, but he didn't use JV and Amir together for even a minute against NY. Bravo Casey, keep exploiting those strengths...

Comment

I'm convinced that Casey will still have rotation problems even if his entire team is healthy!
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              I'm convinced that Casey will still have rotation problems even if his entire team is healthy!
              I doubt thats not fair we were winning when everyone was healthy.... guys control your Casey hate >< lol omg

When you only have 6 guys theres a problem....Honestly who does the poor guy have to work with but the starters? he needs the tools to succeed., thats on BC save the criticism of whether or not hes a bad coach for next season when he doesnt have to handle a team with the likes of having to play Bargnani and John Lucas...

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                I doubt thats not fair we were winning when everyone was healthy.... guys control your Casey hate >< lol omg

When you only have 6 guys theres a problem....Honestly who does the poor guy have to work with but the starters? he needs the tools to succeed., thats on BC save the criticism of whether or not hes a bad coach for next season when he doesnt have to handle a team with the likes of having to play Bargnani and John Lucas...
                I know he doesn't have the necessary tools to succeed, but why not play the guys that have helped them succeed, like Amir? Still doesn't make much sense.
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

They made an effort to play JV more, and had to play small with Melo at the 4. It was JV or Amir, and people would have bitched either way

Comment

Casey is in a no win situation Hes going to make a lot of enemies this season and really be under the microscope next the roster has bad rotations because there is nothing really to turn to.

JV clocked his minutes last night amir is playing hurt and these last games are about developing relax people we missed the playoffs already take these games as what they are ....play and evaluate the key pieces.

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      They made an effort to play JV more, and had to play small with Melo at the 4. It was JV or Amir, and people would have bitched either way
                      Here's an idea. Against a team trotting out 1 big man at a time, try actually going big against them and beating them up on the glass. He doesn't have to play only big lineups, but he could try and see if having his two best rebounders and finishers around the rim would do damage against them.

* You know, either to start or finish the first half just to see if it works and if he can go back to it.

Comment

Not a big deal to me. Amir has played hurt a lot this season and getting him some extra rest isn't a bad thing. We have nothing to play for and it lets us get a better look at some of our extra wings.

All of these Amir Johnson stats that keep popping me up are making me very happy: Amir and Jonas=modern twin towers.
                        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Like someone stated earlier, the season is a bust. If there is any Raptor that deserves a break it's Amir Johnson. Let Fields earn his stupid contract, and let the Rookies play and develop. I'm not a fan of Dwayne Casey, I give him one more season to turn things around, if he can't get us to the playoffs, bring back Lenny.

Comment

JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
                            Like someone stated earlier, the season is a bust. If there is any Raptor that deserves a break it's Amir Johnson. Let Fields earn his stupid contract, and let the Rookies play and develop. I'm not a fan of Dwayne Casey, I give him one more season to turn things around, if he can't get us to the playoffs, bring back Lenny.
                            I think next season will be Casey and BC's last shot. If we make the playoffs (or are at least really close), then I see them both staying. If we don't make the playoffs, then I think they're both gone.

It works out a lot better for the Raptors to wait one more season before trying to hire a new GM, as the Raptors will be much more attractive destination since they can make some serious moves in the 2014-15 season when we have Gay, Bargs, Fields, and Johnson all as expiring contracts, and only DeRozan, Ross, and Val under contract for the following season. No new GM wants to walk into a lose-lose situation, which taking over the team next year would be. As just about everyone has noted, we are financially hamstrung next season with moving Bargs as about the only "sorta" big move we could make. So waiting one more year until we start looking for a new GM is for the best since we'll have a much more attractive situation for a new GM to sink his teeth into.

Comment

I'm as patient a fan as they come. I'm one of the few that think we have the makings of a league leading defensive unit.

Lowry, DeRozan, Gay, Johnson, Valanciunas are all capable to great defenders. Add in Fields and Ross and mystery backup big man we could be a dirty grimy team next year and eek out that Casey identity. But next year is seriously playoffs or bust for me.
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

Working...
                              X