Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jonas Valanciunas look good in first game(friendly game) with Lithuania Nationa Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonas Valanciunas look good in first game(friendly game) with Lithuania Nationa Team

Jonas started the game vs Czech Republic . Watched all the way to the 4th quarter(had to go to work). He had 18 points going into the 4th.
    @Chr1st1anL

Darn, missed that. Managed to view the last minute...

Funny offtopic thing: after the basketball game the channel (Lithuanian?) broadcasted the movie Sahara, but instead of subtitling it or dubbing it with different voices for all characters they have one guy talking over it doing all roles. Really weird.

Comment

He finished with 26pts, 9/10 fg, 8/8 ft. Out of those 9 field goals, 7 or 8 were dunks if I am not mistaken.

@Soft Euro: yes it was a lithuanian channel, welcome to Eastern Europe. Most of the tv channels here are shit.

Comment

Relax ppl. JV did well, but opponent was not decent enough.
        LT national team will drop 3 players (out of 17 today).. JV should stay.. especially after today's game.

I say you should look forward to aug 10 game vs russia and aug 13 game vs spain.
        those opponents will be strong enough.
        If he (JV) will not do well in these games , he might have problems to make top 12 LT team.

Comment

Is there a boxscore for this game? I found some brief articles describing Jonas' game, but I wasn't sure how many minutes he got. I believe he also brought down 11 boards with his 26 points. I'm hoping he gets a chance to get some good minutes against some other teams so we can really see what he can do.

The Lithuanian fans are really impressed with his performance however, from what I could find on the web. If he's a fan favourite, I really don't see how the team could leave him off the roster as that might cause an uproar.

Comment

Here is a discussion about the game and some thoughts from other fans on Valanciunas:

nbadraft

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
              If he's a fan favourite, I really don't see how the team could leave him off the roster as that might cause an uproar.
              This isn't a popularity contest.

If you look at the potential Candidate Roster for EuroBasket 2011: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuan...asketball_team

All the bigs are vetrans older then 30 and are playing high level basketball in the Euroleague. The coach may not wish to make sudden changes to the roster if the chemistry is good. Although if JV plays very good basketball in the exhibition games he might get passed Marijonas Petravičius (appeared to be the least talented big man on the roster) in the depth chart.

FYI found the profile of this Lithuanian player to be funny because of two different stories:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C5%A1...avrinovi%C4%8D
              - He could have been a Rapetor (no that is not a typo)

Comment

LT coach just dropped 3 ore players as said. M.Gecevičius, D.Motiejūnas ir R.Seibutis.
                14 have left atm (12 will pass).. JV is doing good,but why should coach choose him against Experienced Petravicius or other C/PF ?
                Pretty sure decision will be made soon.. and following games will help (against Russia and Spain on target)

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  This isn't a popularity contest.

If you look at the potential Candidate Roster for EuroBasket 2011: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lithuan...asketball_team

All the bigs are vetrans older then 30 and are playing high level basketball in the Euroleague. The coach may not wish to make sudden changes to the roster if the chemistry is good. Although if JV plays very good basketball in the exhibition games he might get passed Marijonas Petravičius (appeared to be the least talented big man on the roster) in the depth chart.

FYI found the profile of this Lithuanian player to be funny because of two different stories:
                  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%C5%A1...avrinovi%C4%8D
                  - He could have been a Rapetor (no that is not a typo)
                  He was charged with rape but still gets to marry Miss Russia?.......da f*ck

Comment

Is the Forum f*cked for anyone else? I can't get into any of the main Pages. Pretty much only this thread. haha

Comment

er1csh3n wrote: View Post
                      He was charged with rape but still gets to marry Miss Russia?.......da f*ck
                      I thought the wtf moment would have been reading that the Raptors were considering him at one point which goes against BC belief of adding only quality characters to the team.

Yeah but I guess having a rape charge against you is not enough from swaying a Russian hottie from marrying you when you got money.

Insert "In Soviet Russia" joke here.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        Is the Forum f*cked for anyone else? I can't get into any of the main Pages. Pretty much only this thread. haha
                        thats happening for me too

Comment

well the raps always signs scrubs and rapists, but seriously i guess she's into that kinda fetish....like feet

Comment

er1csh3n wrote: View Post
                            thats happening for me too
                            If you hit 'Whats New' beside 'Forums' at the top, you can basically see all the Threads.

Comment

big jonas v is a beast
                              ya dun noe

Comment

Working...
                              X