Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I'm relieved that the Lowry thing didn't happen, I tell you that.
    I'm not. I don't want any part of this Nash crap. He is a terrible option in the long run, bringing him would be solely to sell seats.

jimmyhunter wrote: View Post
    Defend Bryan Colangelo as much as you want but drafting Drummond was obviously the smartest decision even if he had no plans of keeping him. His trade value alone is enough to warant the pick. Let's hope Ross is worth being taken over Rivers and Lamb also. Hey, you never know, maybe some sort of deal offers some insight into this pick...cause it simply makes zero sense as of right now.
    This, I wish he would have drafted him and used him to trade for someone.

Comment

Not my favourite pick, but other than Drummond, was there really anybody noticeably better? Maybe Lamb, but really, once the first seven picks were made it was really a sea of near-equal potential. I'm shocked. I'm disappointed that we didn't land Lillard or Barnes. But I'm not ready to second-guess the pick based on the players who were off the board already.

Comment

Defend Bryan Colangelo as much as you want but drafting Drummond was obviously the smartest decision even if he had no plans of keeping him. His trade value alone is enough to warant the pick. Let's hope Ross is worth being taken over Rivers and Lamb also. Hey, you never know, maybe some sort of deal offers some insight into this pick...cause it simply makes zero sense as of right now.
        Right, with Drummond his value would have been the highest even before he would have hit the NBA basketball court and would have yielded more and higher offers for players they do want then dangling Ed Davis or Amir.

I can't wait for the press conference with BC and Casey smiling and saying "this is the guy we always wanted to take, he is solid" or some crap like that.

For every move BC makes that's right, he makes a counter move that ain't right which is why the Raptors haven't really gotten anywhere in years.

I see Drummond becoming the Rudy Gay of 2012. You know the guy with the great talent but slipped in the draft standings because he had questionable character or work ethics.
        Last edited by Hotshot; Thu Jun 28, 2012, 09:11 PM.

Comment

I love how everyone looks at mock drafts and got pissed when it didn't pan out exactly how the mocks predicted. Ross is by far the 2nd best SF in the draft and has a ton of potential with little downside

Comment

I understand why everyone is upset they didn't take Drummond, because what draft picks have better records than hyper athletic big men who don't have their head in the game?

Comment

My guess is a lot of things don't make a whole lot of sense to you.

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                I love how everyone looks at mock drafts and got pissed when it didn't pan out exactly how the mocks predicted. Ross is by far the 2nd best SF in the draft and has a ton of potential with little downside
                1. MKG
                2. Harrison Barnes.
                3. its a coin toss!

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
                  He is not better than Barnes.

Comment

ROOSSSSSS!!!!

Yes. yes! Fantastic pick.

I posted earlier today about the complete nonsense of drafting Harrison Barnes. For everyone who hates this pick...I'm assuming you'd have preferred Harrison Barnes? Why, exactly? Because he's famous and was slotted higher?

Let's be clear here:

Last season Terrence Ross, compared to Harrison Barnes: shot a better percentage across the board (2FG, 3FG, FG, FT). He rebounded better, dished out more assists, stole more balls, and blocked more shots. You want to criticize Ross, perhaps, because he might not be the best shot creator...I guess? Well, just watch Harrison Barnes' last NCAA tournament for a lesson in how NOT to create your own offense. Ross is the just the better player.

Terrence Ross. For the win. Excellent, excellent pick. The pick is gutsy like the tin man in a rain storm, but it's the right pick. For the second year in a row.
                    Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Thu Jun 28, 2012, 09:34 PM.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                      ROOSSSSSS!!!!

Yes. yes! Fantastic pick.

I posted earlier today about the complete nonsense of drafting Harrison Barnes. For everyone who hates this pick...I'm assuming you'd have preferred Harrison Barnes? Why, exactly? Because he's famous and was slotted higher?

Let's be clear here:

Last season Terrence Ross, compared to Harrison Barnes: shot a better percentage across the board (2FG, 3FG, FG, FT). He rebounded better, dished out more assists, store more balls, and blocked more shots. You want to criticize Ross, perhaps, because he might not be the best shot creator...I guess? Well, just watch Harrison Barnes' last NCAA tournament for a lesson in how NOT to create your own offense. Ross is the just the better player.

Terrence Ross. For the win. Excellent, excellent pick. The pick is gutsy like the tin man in a rain storm, but it's the right pick. For the second year in a row.
                      I was kinda high on Barnes. I hope you're right...

Comment

Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                        I was kinda high on Barnes. I hope you're right...
                        Why though were you high on Barnes? I haven't read a single article that suggest he's anywhere near as good as his reputation suggests. On the flip side, I've read several convincing articles suggesting he's actually been way overrated.
                        Last edited by jeff_hostetler; Thu Jun 28, 2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                          Whatever happened to choosing best overall talent over need?! it seems to me that Drummond would have been the right choice for this pick.
                          How can you say he didn't? Can you please take a picture of Colangelo's official draft board and post it here? Thanks.

Comment

And for the record...Ross is more a 2 guard than he is a small forward.

Comment

I'm relieved that the Lowry thing didn't happen, I tell you that.
                              Or Rivers... and all of the above except he is not a shot creator. That is a percieved fault. But noted for his attitude.

Comment

How can you say he didn't? Can you please take a picture of Colangelo's official draft board and post it here? Thanks.
                                Can you please say that he did?!

And I like how you changed the name of this thread from "fire BC" to "Fire Colangelo because he doesn't agree with the mock draft". How about you get it right instead and agree to say " Fire Colangelo because of his 6 mediocre years track record of the Toronto Raptors due to bad decisions and missed oppertuinities"

Comment

Working...
                                X