No announcement yet.

GT: Raptors vs. Clippers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gay on NBATV: Says he was really surprised by how good Derozan was, also was impressed with Amir's defense on blake, said he told him this just proves how good you are, said he will push him every day to play the way he did today.

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
      What else would you want? Amir has to be are starting PF from now on!
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Also, with Ed gone, and the whole Ed/Amir thing solved, I hope Amir plays here another 5-6 years at least....whole career is always hard, but the bulk would be nice, and if he ever has the chance to finish in Toronto, it would be a blessing

Comment

• Feel bad for Ed. Just 5 minutes tonight.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            man, I hope everyone who wanted to trade Demar now sees how good a piece he is when he actually gets to be a complimentary scorer. They just can't focus on him the same at all with Gay on the floor, and even more so if Lowry's out there too. All the perimeter defenders are too worried about their guys, and bigs just have to keep out of the way.
            it was one game but yeah.... I think Rudy brings a new level of confidence. like going into a bar fight with George st. Pierre at your back.

Comment

• How about Rudy Gay eh? he's pretty good
              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I predict Raptors are in 3/10 , Friday's top 10 plays.
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Raps made this a clinic an an absolute Harlem globetrotters game if it weren't for Clips going into bonus the game would have been like a high school team playing the Heat.

Thx Memphis!!! And us Ed Davis goddamit

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                    How about Rudy Gay eh? he's pretty good
                    How about demar derozan?

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
                      I predict Raptors are in 3/10 , Friday's top 10 plays.
                      +1
                      I can think of atleast 3 or 4 that deserve to be over

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        it was one game but yeah.... I think Rudy brings a new level of confidence. like going into a bar fight with George st. Pierre at your back.
                        Well, I'm not saying Demar will always play that well necessarily, but the Clips really didn't load their D on him as much. They were clearly too worried to do so with Rudy on the floor, and Rudy did knock down open 3s.

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                          +1
                          DeMars 1st quarter slam, DeMar to Rudy, Ross Slam
                          NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• tucas wrote: View Post
                            +1
                            For sure...even Casey brought up Ross' dunk..said "that was a highlight reel"

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              This must be the 1st time all season I'm watching the postgame on raptors.com....
                              LOL same here!

Comment

• One game can't make much of a difference but after tonight's game versus the clippers, here are my thoughts.

Starting lineups
                                Kyle Lowry: Seems excited to play with Gay but he needs to get better and play more like pre-injury of his former self; however, he's under Casey's dog pounding house for distributing assists, we have to see the better version of Kyle Lowry when he plays with tougher Eastern Conference teams like the Heat, Bucks, Knicks and Bulls. Tonight though, Bledsoe outplayed Lowry but we will see.
                                Grade: B+

DeMar DeRozan: He's amazing for tonight, even with the hype of Rudy Gay in town, DeMar still managed 19 pts and dishing 7 assists. It looks like he can coexist with Rudy Gay and together drive the Raptors to a playoff birth since 2008.
                                Grade: A+

Landry Fields: Come on with Rudy Gay on board, you gotta contribute and play hard, although i admire his tough defense and rebounding abilities, perhaps he would be a better player once coming off the bench, possibly a 6th man in the making. 3 years worth of 20+ million should net some production for this team
                                Grade: C

Amir Johnson: We did the right say for trading Ed Davis, the two can't coexist, Johnson is a protypical PF who can play the center position, give him the key to the starting PF position and trade Bargs for a backup PF and PG.
                                Grade: A-

Aaron Gray: I'm very impressed for his rebounding and spacing floor abilities, he can defend knock down easy post up shots, just need more confidence and more touches, a decent 3rd stringer C on a good team, good backup behind Val.
                                Grade: B

Benches

John Lucas III: Perhaps he has hit the spark light or god is on his side, played extremely well in the last two games but he needs to work on his consistencies, there will be nights where he can contribute 20+ ppts and the other, 0-2 pts. However, he outplayed Lowry and Bledsoe tonight, so good job.
                                Grade: A

Terrence Ross: Needs more touches on this guy but missed a couple of easy jumpers landed him back to Casey's dogpound. However, the 4th quarter alleyoop slam dunk should give him a chance to play in the allstar slam dunk contest.
                                Grade: C

Rudy Gay: First game as a Raptors, didn't try hard enough but managed to post 20+ ppts, imagine if he tries, he would be unstoppable, definitely a top 5 elite SF in this league, only the likes of Lebron, Melo, George, not even Pierce or Granger can stop this kid. A polished diamond who would bring alot of "gay" for the fans. Good job, hope he keeps it up an become the cornerstone of this franchise.
                                Grade: A-

Quincy Acy: Good hustling, that's all i'm gonna say.
                                Grade: B

Jonas V: First game back, looks a bit lost, needs more touches, good rebound though. Give him the starting job back after the allstar break perhaps
                                Grade: B-

Alan Anderson: Good play, that's all i'm gonna say.
                                Grade: B-

In Clothing
                                Linas Kleiza: Casey needs to play him before the deadline to at least boost his trade status but hey he cheered
                                Grade: D-

Andrea Bargnani: Let's hope he's back before the deadline so he can play near like his former self before gets traded. No emotion, no cheering
                                Grade: F

Mikael Pietrus: I guess his contract is done, might be waived before the deadline to make room for Bargs + Kleiza trade but hey at least he cheered
                                Grade: D-

Last but not least, where is Hamad Haddadi? Why his name still on Raptors roster.

Comment

Working...
                                X