2011 Draft Rumors & Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• duncan wrote: View Post
    P.S. When does Bargs BYC status change, and how does that affect his value?
    Normally, his BYC status is a slight advantage at this point, as it allows a little more flexibility in making a deal: either the trade can happen immediately (if the BYC dollars allows it); or a trade can be agreed to, but not come into effect until July 1 when the BYC expires, if the trade requires Bargs' full salary. It's a pretty common occurrence for trades to be agreed to in late June but not actually completed until July when the new NBA year kicks in.

However, the expiring CBA complicates this. Once the CBA expires on June 30, trades cannot occur. I'm not sure it's possible (or wise) for two teams to agree to a trade now that won't actually come into effect until after the new CBA is signed. Probably we're stuck making trades based on his BYC value.

Comment

• @ octothorp; thanks for your thoughts on the Bargs contract status.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        Ya, I don't know where to put this. I had to post it. This guy is a ****ING BEAST and he's not even a senior yet. My jaw hit the floor when I watch that.
        Nice, but it may be me just being a "veteran" fan, but I'm just not nearly as impressed with guys that dunk, anymore. Not to say I don't enjoy seeing a good one in a game, but there are loads of guys that can dunk and do absolutely nothing else.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• duncan wrote: View Post
          Not disagreeing with you Apollo, just want to expand on that thought: Which teams in the top 10 do you think would give up their pick for Bargs?
          Milwaukee at 10 to put him next to Bogut? I could see that.
          Charlotte at 9? Not IMO.
          Detroit at 8? Don't see it.
          Sac at 7? I could see that.
          Wash at 6? Not IMO.

Are you talking about a Bargs for the pick+filler, or a Bargs+#5 for the pick+filler? Let's expand on this a little.

EDIT: I think the Raps will give Bargs another year to fit in, and if it doesn't work they'll move him this time next year.

P.S. When does Bargs BYC status change, and how does that affect his value?
          Bargnani is a 25 year old seven footer who just posted 21PPG. You're underrating his value on the market. You can't gauge his value based on common opinion among Raptors fans. We collectively are sick of the disappointments. Bargnani for a top ten pick is worth it to the other team. The #5 plus Bargnani to move up is crazy.

Comment

• Suns shopping Nash for pick

The Phoenix Suns' general posture has been to rebuff trade inquiries for star guard Steve Nash, but the Suns have had discussions this month with the Minnesota Timberwolves about a deal that would send Nash to Minnesota in a package for the No. 2 overall pick in Thursday's draft, according to sources briefed on the talks.

The talks, though, haven't advanced beyond the exploratory stage. Sources described a "mutual conclusion" by both teams that such a deal ultimately would not work for the Wolves because of Nash's presumed desire to land with an established title contender if he finally does leave the Suns.

Sources say that the player Phoenix covets in the draft is Arizona forward Derrick Williams, although Suns officials publicly have denied reports that they have alternatively offered center Marcin Gortat and the No. 13 overall pick for the No. 2 selection instead of Nash.
            Source: ESPN.com

Comment

• poor guy. free nash.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mr.T's opinion

Personally, I'm hoping the guy can land on a contender. I wonder could he and Kobe co-exist?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Bargnani is a 25 year old seven footer who just posted 21PPG. You're underrating his value on the market. You can't gauge his value based on common opinion among Raptors fans. We collectively are sick of the disappointments. Bargnani for a top ten pick is worth it to the other team. The #5 plus Bargnani to move up is crazy.
                  I'm not gauging my opinion based on what Raptor fans think, and I know about Bargs' pros. The problem is, teams around the league don't look at Bargs based on what he can do, they look at him based on what he can't do. Meaning, I think that all the other teams have had 5 seasons to watch him, and I don't think that any team is going to trade for him so that he can be their starting 5. Maybe a starting 4, next to a quality 5, or the first big off the bench, but no team is going to trade for him and put him in the same situation he is in here.

Further, you didn't really expand on the dialogue any more, you just tried to shut me up. I asked you specifically what you thought about the other 8 teams in the top ten giving up their pick for him, and you couldn't (or wouldn't) expand on your theory. Everyone here on the forums respects your knowledge of the league, and your position here on the website, and wants to hear your detailed thoughts on this subject.

Comment

• No, I think they're going to look at what he can do and what they feel they can teach him to do. Bargnani has never been under a well established coach or in a good program. I think teams out there are going to look at the situation and decide to roll the dice on him thinking they can do what the Raptors have not been able to do.

Comment

• Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                        No, I think they're going to look at what he can do and what they feel they can teach him to do. Bargnani has never been under a well established coach or in a good program. I think teams out there are going to look at the situation and decide to roll the dice on him thinking they can do what the Raptors have not been able to do.

Listen, we're trying to arrive at the same destination from different starting points. I want Bargs traded as well, and I would love another top 10 pick as well.
                        Your original comment was "I'm sure there must be buyers in the top ten for Bargnani." I'm not disagreeing with that statement, but I'd love to hear you comment futher on which teams in the top ten would do that trade, why, and how they could use Bargs to get different results than the Raptors have had. Trying to get you to expand on this point is like pulling teeth. No disrespect intended.

Comment

• Bargnani needs to be paired with a talented center. The Kings, Pistons and Bucks all have talented centers who play a more traditional game. Two out of the three have been in multiple rumors linked to potentially trading their pick. I don't care about how they use him, that's not my problem. You act as though the guy is a plague that no one would want. Fact is he's been in the line of fire from day one in Toronto and has handled himself admirably off the court. He's a talented scorer, who is still young and is very big. Teams looking for scoring punch, who have a strong big man and who think they can improve his weaknesses would probably be interested. FYI, the Bucks had the worst offense in the league last season.

Comment

• This team needs a leader more than anything and if Bry Co actually picks Vessely I think the team will be pissed.It's gotta be kemba boys it's gotta be kemba.

Comment

• Is there a draft tommorrow?

Is there a draft tommorrow? because it sure doesn't feel like it. I get home and turn to NBA tv and expect to see pre-draft talk of all the nba teams and needs for each team plus in-depth breakdowns of every player expecting to be drafted in the first round. I mean the NFL does it for like a month straight with each team given its own day to be broken down, so you would think the nba would do it for at least 1 day before draft day.

Comment

• Mike Vick wrote: View Post
                                This team needs a leader more than anything and if Bry Co actually picks Vessely I think the team will be pissed.It will be kemba boys. it's gonna be kemba.
                                ah,thats better
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X