• Show
Clear All

• Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
    I'd like to see all hell break loose at the trade deadline
    I second this hahah
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
      Speaking of Ezeli, he's just the kind of backup C I would like the raptors to get.
      Ya he would be a solid target for our team.

3inthekeon wrote: View Post
      What exactly is so good about Harrison Barnes?
      Defense and three point shooting. A lineup of him and Ross would be a very solid combo.

Evia99 wrote: View Post
      if MU is actively looking to trade lowry, that means he must know something that we don't, like lowry not re-signing. hate to see us let him walk without any return.
      Exactly. If MU knows he's going then we need to get any return we can for him. I think GS is a pretty good fit for him, they need someone like him off the bench, but who can also play minutes with Curry and provide Curry with some open looks.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
        i dunno the way i see it is if Lowry does get dealt the odds are we'll still make the playoffs, which in itself is a strong season. as in, remember the last time we were in the playoffs? me too, faintly.

add to it all what you get back from lowry, the cap space we'll have from the gay trade, our first all star since bosh and the continued improvement of Ross and JV and this is a season we'll look back on, fondly.

does anyone actually care what happens in the playoffs? honestly? there's really no difference between losing in the first or second round and the team as constructed WITH lowry is a second round team at best.

the warlord MU and Leweike aren't fucking with playoffs. they want hardware.
        Good points. Playoffs was largely the goal so our young guys could get experience. You can lose in the playoffs and still get that experience. Besides, with how awful the east is, as long as you fall in the 3-6 range, you could win a series.
        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Would Vasquez and the worst of our 2016 1st rounder get us Barnes? Or even Sac's 2014 2nd rounder? it would give them a decent back up pg, he may have not done all that well with us, but has been able to produce in the past. I would consider giving up Patterson for Barnes. Young, SF's with potential are hard to come by.

With Barnes 3pt. percentage he would be a nice compliment to DeMar's game, as Ross has, but with real SF size. The only issue I have with this trade is Ross's development, I love watching him play.
          Last edited by saints91; Wed Feb 12, 2014, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            Would Vasquez and the worst of our 2016 1st rounder get us Barnes? Or even Sac's 2014 2nd rounder? it would give them a decent back up pg, he may have not done all that well with us, but has been able to produce in the past. I would consider giving up Patterson for Barnes. Young, SF's with potential are hard to come by.
            No way GS even considers either of those.

Would we accept a 2016 pick and a backup center for Ross?

2Pat actually miiiiiight have a shot at prying away Barnes. It would at least take 2Pat, SAC's pick and a 2016 first. GS needs some bigs.
            "Bruno?
            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Woj says raps wanna make a playoff run with lowry so they are reluctant to trade him. Check twitter for source, 2nd round here we come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                No way GS even considers either of those.

Would we accept a 2016 pick and a backup center for Ross?

2Pat actually miiiiiight have a shot at prying away Barnes. It would at least take 2Pat, SAC's pick and a 2016 first. GS needs some bigs.
                What would you suggest? The problem with trading Lowry is that we don't have a quality starting pg to continue our run.

Comment

• wallz wrote: View Post
                  Woj says raps wanna make a playoff run with lowry so they are reluctant to trade him. Check twitter for source, 2nd round here we come

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Woot there it is:

Outside of ridiculous return, I am all for this.

If Raps can sign and trade his value will only be higher at that time as team trading for him will know they have him for up to 4 years - versus 3-4 months.

Comment

• There it is. I trust Woj more than any other basketball "insiders"
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Woot there it is:

Outside of ridiculous return, I am all for this.

If Raps can sign and trade his value will only be higher at that time as team trading for him will know they have him for up to 4 years - versus 3-4 months.
                      Only real option for a S+T is the Lakers. It's going to come down to re-signing him or trading for Nash+draftee. Risky, but excited to see how it plays out. Unless Ujiri learned the smokescreen tactic from BC and Lowry's on his way out as we speak.
                      twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        There it is. I trust Woj more than any other basketball "insiders"
                        Chad Ford just said he'd be surprised to see Lowry in a Raps uniform after the deadline: "they've been shopping him too aggressively".

Whether or not that's true, just providing some discussion.
                        "Bruno?
                        Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                        He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                          There it is. I trust Woj more than any other basketball "insiders"
                          woj is the best

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                            Chad Ford just said he'd be surprised to see Lowry in a Raps uniform after the deadline: "they've been shopping him too aggressively".

Whether or not that's true, just providing some discussion.
                            Woj vs. Ford in a 'source' death match.

Why do I get the image of Woj as the devil and Ford as God in the song "Spanish Train" by Chris de Burgh?

Ford means well but Woj just has too many tricks

Comment

• Evia99 wrote: View Post
                              if MU is actively looking to trade lowry, that means he must know something that we don't, like lowry not re-signing. hate to see us let him walk without any return.
                              He damn well better know stuff we don't, he's the freaking GM, and we're fans on a message board. But the fact that he might or might not being looking to trade Lowry doesn't mean that he knows anything definitive about Lowry, just that presumably he has a pretty good read on the odds and associated risks. It's like a poker game: he knows his hand much better than we do, but that doesn't mean he knows what's coming on the river.

Comment

• I don't doubt MU is "reluctant" to part with Lowry. Drives the asking price up.

8 days.
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X