Quincy Acy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quincy Acy

Not to hate on the poor guy, he is Ross's friend too they are constantly playing video games and in the gym together, but my point is why exactly is he here is BC hoping to package him for something? Did he pick him because other teams wanted him? (seriously he had a lot of hype) Because he looks like Reggie Evans...?

Its a shame Quincy is just shaping up to be solomon Alabi 2.0 I thought he would get some burn playing the 3 spot but that hasn't happened and most likely wont happen. Am I the only one tht thinks he wont be a Raptor much longer?

thoughts does anyone think he is a Raptor long term?

I would not write him off just yet, we happen to be quite full at his position, but the few minutes that I have seen he has looked better than alabi. I think he can be the hustler we put in place in the future, he may be a nice piece a year or two from now, attractive contract too

Comment

Hard work pays off and Casey rewards it so heres hoping he can break into the rotation sometime, and not be that random player going through Toronto as a revolving door in and out of the league.

Comment

Nobody was expecting him to get any minutes, we knew this from the start as we had around 6 capable and 'minute-deserving' big men.

I like Quincy, but he's just another second round pick...

Comment

Acy can play though. He's just not getting chances.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

i loved him during March Madness.. He was a beast.. dont know how he will translate here tho, he is really undersized

Comment

He was supposed to be developing in the D-league this year, he got called up in case we had an emergency since Bargs is out. I wouldn't count him out, he won't get much time this year but he is practicing with the guys and I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up as an energy guy with a good career.
              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                Not to hate on the poor guy, he is Ross's friend too they are constantly playing video games and in the gym together, but my point is why exactly is he here is BC hoping to package him for something? Did he pick him because other teams wanted him? (seriously he had a lot of hype) Because he looks like Reggie Evans...?

Its a shame Quincy is just shaping up to be solomon Alabi 2.0 I thought he would get some burn playing the 3 spot but that hasn't happened and most likely wont happen. Am I the only one tht thinks he wont be a Raptor much longer?

thoughts does anyone think he is a Raptor long term?
                Just to clear things up, he's an undersized 4 like Faried

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Yes but it doesn't mean he couldn't play the 3.

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                    Yes but it doesn't mean he couldn't play the 3.
                    He is definitely not able to play the 3 in my opinion

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                      He is definitely not able to play the 3 in my opinion
                      well I know its the NBA but he played a lot of Small Forward in college, Casey said Aaron Gray and Acy are likely to play till JV gets back (its a broken hand ouch) will be out for some time will be getting looked at over the next 3 days

Comment

I think a big part of his appeal is during practices; he's going to be constantly playing with energy in scrimmages and pushing guys like Davis and Bargs, which is a decent job for a 15th man.

Comment

That is why some of us have some hope for the kid, he will be going against davis and johnson, if that assignment does not teach you something nothing will.

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                            If he's like Faried, that's pretty good in my book...

Comment

IIRC he was voted the 2nd most athletic player in his draft class (after Ross). He's clearly an impressive dunker/finisher in traffic judging by his college highlights, and he's a surprisingly good free throw shooter (78% his senior year), so if he in fact does have a Reggie/Faried type nose for rebounding I see no reason why he can't have a productive career in a similar role.

Comment

Working...
                              X