Bargs and Davis- Best 4-5 Combo in the East

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargs and Davis- Best 4-5 Combo in the East

Look at these 2 guys. You got offense inside and out, rebounding, blocked shots, dunks, you name it.

This time next year, Bargs and Davis will be the best starting 4-5 in the East. Forget the C's, forget ATL, forget da Bulls.

Bargs-Davis FTW, watch out

Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Look at these 2 guys. You got offense inside and out, rebounding, blocked shots, dunks, you name it.

This time next year, Bargs and Davis will be the best starting 4-5 in the East. Forget the C's, forget ATL, forget da Bulls.

Bargs-Davis FTW, watch out
    This time next year? Maybe in like 3-4 years, but definitely not next season.

Comment

Hard to imagine them being more effective than Noah & Boozer by next year.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        This time next year? Maybe in like 3-4 years, but definitely not next season.
        I agree that is a bit unrealistic.

I see Davis on an Al Horford path. If you look at his numbers from year one they are very similar to what Ed has done recently - in less time and better percentages. Horford also stayed 3 years in school and did not start his rookie season off with a knee injury.

I might be optimistic but if he turns in to an Al Horford type player, I will be extremely happy.

Hit the weight room!

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
          I agree that is a bit unrealistic.

I see Davis on an Al Horford path. If you look at his numbers from year one they are very similar to what Ed has done recently - in less time and better percentages. Horford also stayed 3 years in school and did not start his rookie season off with a knee injury.

I might be optimistic but if he turns in to an Al Horford type player, I will be extremely happy.

Hit the weight room!
          But are they gonna be better than Boozer-Noah by this time this year?

Comment

yes sir they will, here is why, boozer will be injured for sure, noah will be traded.

Bargs is pretty much better than either of those guys one on one anyways, davis is just an added perk

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              But are they gonna be better than Boozer-Noah by this time this year?
              Hellllllllllllllllllllllll no!

That is a very good front court who compliments each other very well when healthy. The only way the Raps are better than them anytime soon is if Boozer's skills drop off dramatically when hits the 3-0.

*EDIT* Anytime soon means the next 2 seasons, btw.

Comment

better yet - lets combine Bargs offence and Davis's defence into one player... then get two of them

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
                  better yet - lets combine Bargs offence and Davis's defence into one player... then get two of them
                  We could call him Edrea Dagnani

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    We could call him Edrea Dagnani

you sure you don't drink acid before you go to bed?

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
                      you sure you don't drink acid before you go to bed?
                      YOU CAN GET ACID IN BEVERAGE FORM!?!!?!?!?

uh, i mean..... i would never do drugs. drugs are bad.

Comment

Bargs can outscore booze or noah anyday. and big ed can shut them down defensively. 1>2 PUNCH

Comment

A front court including Bargnani will never be better than a front court where both players can defend and rebound, as well as score. Al Horford and Josh Smith both score, rebound and defend. And while Boozer isn't a good defender, he at least rebounds.

I really don't understand why some people seem to completely disregard the importance of defense, especially for front court players. You can't simply put a good defender next to a bad one and his inability to defend magically disappears. You can hide it for periods, but it always rears it's ugly head, and at the most inopportune times (ask Phoenix). Tom Thibodeau understands this, which is why he benches Boozer when he doesn't focus on defense.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

That is not why Thibs benched Boozer..

Comment

Dwight Howard and Ryan Anderson would be better, let alone Dwight and Brandon Bass.

I am a Raptor's fan, but come on....
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                              X