Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever get the feeling there’s an NBA going on and we’re just not part of it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love watching Raptors on Punjabi Commentary....itotally priceless...beats Russell Oliver....

LOL
    It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

I get the feeling

But 1 playoff win in 17 years.....It doesn't matter if we were fielding a team of robots to play this year, we still wouldn't deserve the publicity

Comment

I don't think we're marginalized by the media. We're marginalized because we're not owned by a billionaire. I don't have an inferiority complex but I'm not going to sit here and say that this team is the first (or even top 3) place players look at when they're a free agent. Winning will help, but look at the Knicks. They do not have that good of a team there but they've managed to attract some big names.

And honestly, that's fine with me. We don't need to be that kind of team. I don't think we'll ever be a franchise that will have the means to sign 2-3 stars overnight like some of these other teams (Miami, New York, Brooklyn, LA (both of them), etc). But that doesn't mean it's not possible to build a great team. The Oklahoma Thunder are by no means are big market team either, and they have a great nucleus of players. Indiana isn't a massive media market either, but they've built a strong lineup.

There won't be any get-rich-quick schemes happening with the Raptors but that doesn't mean we'll never have a great team.
        your pal,
        ebrian

Comment

A we big

You all do understand that all our sports teams - NBA, NHL, MLB, MLS are owned by the same Group of Companies.
          Is there any other City in N.A. that has this same ownership coup.

This is the major reason why all the teams suck...because they have no motivation to win big...rather just make stable income. Even the Cable and Telephone, Internet is owned by the same group...so you have know choice menu.

This does us no good. You need another entity to come and an drop another team .....
          It's just a job. Grass grows, birds fly, waves pound the sand. I beat people up.

Muhammad Ali

Comment

We sort of went down from 10th from year before to #12 in value wise...but thats pretty damn decent.
            shows you how much they make.

#12 Toronto RaptorsCurrent value: $382 million
            1-year change: -4%
            Operating income: $7.4 milli

Muhammad Ali

Comment

Risk Mgmt wrote: View Post
              I love watching Raptors on Punjabi Commentary....itotally priceless...beats Russell Oliver....

LOL
              Like this?

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Snubbed by Allen and Terry, and unable to get an audience with several other established players, the Grizzlies' road in free agency has narrowed with guards Willie Green, Jodie Meeks and Jordan Farmar now in their sights, according to sources. The Griz are said to also have interest in guards Sonny Weems and Jerryd Bayless. Russian point guard Alexey Shved was off the Grizzlies' radar as of Monday with a source close to the situation insisting that a deal wouldn't get done. Memphis Commercial Appeal
                Hoopshype.com

They Grizz are a much better team than the raps and a much more promising one as well, yet not only are they getting snubbed by FA's they now have interest in a couple of Raptor throw-aways. I don't think we are much different from a lot of other teams, and when we win, the NBA takes notice. Unfortunately, we haven't been doing enough of it lately.

When we are in the playoffs year in and year out, and still not getting a lot of NBA love than we can cry foul. Until then we need to not take it personally and just work harder.

Ok, us working harder isn't going to do much, but hopefully the organization sees it the same way, winning solves a lot of problems.
                "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Thanks

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
                  Like this?

Thats awsome, thanks dude....lol

The Raptors should do what no other NBA team has done yet....which is to exploit its Canadian Indian Fans and setup shop in India...you have 1 Billion possible customers....You go Global and your the next Manchester United even if you suck....

If your own market isnt big enough....you exploit foreign markets. nobody has done this...and it can work.
                  Raptor Fan HQ in India,

$$$...very little down side....

Muhammad Ali

Comment

NBA to play first-ever preseason games in Canada
                    By Official release
                    Posted Jul 10 2012 1:23PM

TORONTO -- The National Basketball Association (NBA) will hold the first-ever NBA Canada Series this October with NBA teams playing preseason games in Montreal and Winnipeg. The Toronto Raptors and New York Knicks will play at the Bell Centre on Oct. 19, and the Minnesota Timberwolves and Detroit Pistons will play at the MTS Centre on Oct. 24.

NBA Canada Series marks the first time games are being held in the country as part of the league's marquee international preseason schedule, which has historically included NBA China Games, NBA Europe Live and the NBA Mexico Game.

"NBA Canada Series demonstrates the NBA's commitment to grow basketball in Canada and bring more live games and events to our growing fan base in the country," said Dan MacKenzie, Vice President and General Manager, NBA Canada. "The inaugural event will bring fans in the provinces of Quebec and Manitoba closer to the game and showcase the dedication of our players on and off the court."

2012 NBA Canada Series:

New York Knicks vs. Toronto Raptors Oct. 19 Montreal Bell Centre
                    Detroit Pistons vs. Minnesota Timberwolves Oct. 24 Winnepeg MTS Centre
                    Well there you have it! They didn't forget us!!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Well there you have it! They didn't forget us!!
                      Weren't there pre-season games played in Vancouver and Montreal 2 years ago (when Kleiza tore it up and Reggie pulled down board after board after board)? I don't think this report is accurate, because it's not the first ever preseason game in Canada...

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Weren't there pre-season games played in Vancouver and Montreal 2 years ago (when Kleiza tore it up and Reggie pulled down board after board after board)? I don't think this report is accurate, because it's not the first ever preseason game in Canada...
                        They are referring to the Detroit vs. Minnesota game. First game in Canada not involving a Canadian team.

I was more speaking to the quote in the article, where they speak of making it an initiative to grow the game in Canada. Nice to hear.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Oh for gods sake ... No wonder everyone thinks Toronto fans have a Little-Person-Complex.

Even our media types propagrate it!

The NBA head office has NOTHING to do with the moves that Bryan Colangelo makes.
                          Anyone who thinks differently is being ridiculous. In my opinion.

All you have to do is compare us with the Clippers, Warriors, TWolves, Bobcats etc and you'll notice there is no conspiracy.
                          Unless of course the NBAs goal all along was to have TERRIBLE teams in HUGE markets like LA and the Bay Area for over a decade ...

The NBA would LOVE for Toronto revert back to our glory days of Vinsanity. It would serve them ZERO cause to sabotage the Raptors in ANYWAY.
                          +1

Comment

Working...
                          X