Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody else is concerned about Lowry's style of play?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody else is concerned about Lowry's style of play?

Kyle Lowry style of play of muscling his way to the basket has resulted in constantly colliding with opponent's players and hitting the floor hard. Although this style is effective in getting his points, one has to wonder if he continue's this path in the long grinding NBA season, that wear and tear will be a problem and eventually he will succumb to a serious or a nagging injury that could put him on the shelf for a long time.

I agree with you. I watched him hit the floor hard several times last night, and the same thought crossed my mind. I would not be in any hurry to trade Jose. Kyle will have to pick his spots.

Comment

he is built like a line backer, I love the spirit but I do worry it might be too much.
      For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I know how Lowry feels for I play like him, and I have the same 'tubbyness' he has, but explosive.

I'm not too worried, he has a disregard for his body in the games, but outside of them, doesn't mean he doesn't nurse it.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Finally, something else to worry about outside of Jose's inability to defend, Fields ineffective jumpshot, Bargnani's lack of rebounding, Demar's lack of an outside shot or handles, JV's fouls, Davis' inability to progress, Grey's lack of speed and offence, Kleiza's hot and cold streaks, and Acy's lack of size. I must have missed a few things, but at least now we can worry about Lowry breaking down part way through the first half of the season as well.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
            Finally, something else to worry about outside of Jose's inability to defend, Fields ineffective jumpshot, Bargnani's lack of rebounding, Demar's lack of an outside shot or handles, JV's fouls, Davis' inability to progress, Grey's lack of speed and offence, Kleiza's hot and cold streaks, and Acy's lack of size. I must have missed a few things, but at least now we can worry about Lowry breaking down part way through the first half of the season as well.
            Don't forget about Ross' no show, McGuire with not offensive ability, and how Amir has poor hands..

Jeez, too much negativity from the fans.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
              Don't forget about Ross' no show, McGuire with not offensive ability, and how Amir has poor hands..

Jeez, too much negativity from the fans.
              and Casey's substitution patterns.

Comment

I believe you left out JL3 inability to get a shot off against Reggie Evans, Ross' lack of playing time, Amir's side pursuit of masonry, McGuire's inability to do anything other than defend, and Anderson's lack of NBA experience.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I believe you left out JL3 inability to get a shot off against Reggie Evans, Ross' lack of playing time, Amir's side pursuit of masonry, McGuire's inability to do anything other than defend, and Anderson's lack of NBA experience.

And totally forgot about MLSE's certain refusal to spend more than the cap, and Bryan's tendency to overpay for middling talent,. locking the team into desperate financial straits with losers he will never be able to trade away.

Comment

You guys crack me up. To answer the thread's question: NO!!!

Comment

And totally forgot about MLSE's certain refusal to spend more than the cap, and Bryan's tendency to overpay for middling talent,. locking the team into desperate financial straits with losers he will never be able to trade away.
                      And Demar's bloated contract...
                      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Now, that you mention, yeah. I play like him too, RaptorsReuben, so I know how that happens as well. If he does calm down a bit, I think it would be better though, so we can get those stops without so many turnovers.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          and how Amir has poor hands.
                          Just straight up false.

Comment

FFS will all the negative threads, Debbie Downer is in the house!!!!!

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                              Just straight up false.
                              That's the point.

Comment

Working...
                              X