Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can Landry Fields be as good as Mo-Pete?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are we over-estimating Mo Pete's shooting prowess? He was a pretty good 3 point shooter, but overall his fg% was pretty poor. Landry did shoot poorly in his second year, especially from 3, but his overall fg% in his slump year of 46% would be Peterson's best year ever improving on Mo's best of 43.8%. If Landry recovers his rookie form, or close to it from 3 he could easily surpass Mo as he is a better rebounder and ball mover.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Landry very well could surpass anything Mo did in a Raptors uniform, but it remains to be seen. We know what Mo did already as it's on paper and on video and etched in most of our memories. What Landry is going to do remains to be seen. No point in speculating I suppose since the season is almost upon us.

Comment

Mo Pete was a better scorer then Fields and also more willing 3 point shooter. Field is definitely a more efficent scorer as he only takes open shots, finishes on the break or cut/slash. Mo's shooting % will be lower cause he was asked to score more and was caught in iso situations much more then Fields. Fields is the better rebounder and is much more athletic then he gets credit for. Fields will be a much appreciated player just like Mo Pete but will never be the scorer Mo Pete was.

Comment

I'm having a chuckle imagining a non-raps fan coming to this forum to discover that we're all hoping the consensus most terrible offseason signing can one day become "the next mo-pete".

I guess we're just trying to make lemons into lemonade. Unfortuneately our version of "lemonade" is Morris Peterson

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
            Are we over-estimating Mo Pete's shooting prowess? He was a pretty good 3 point shooter, but overall his fg% was pretty poor. Landry did shoot poorly in his second year, especially from 3, but his overall fg% in his slump year of 46% would be Peterson's best year ever improving on Mo's best of 43.8%. If Landry recovers his rookie form, or close to it from 3 he could easily surpass Mo as he is a better rebounder and ball mover.
            keep in mind the sample size. We're comparing 2 years vs a career here.

NoBan wrote: View Post
            I'm having a chuckle imagining a non-raps fan coming to this forum to discover that we're all hoping the consensus most terrible offseason signing can one day become "the next mo-pete".

I guess we're just trying to make lemons into lemonade. Unfortuneately our version of "lemonade" is Morris Peterson
            I disagree that it's a "terrible" signing much less the "consensus" part. The contract is getting a lot of flak but that's debatable. It was a gamble and yes it's a lot of money but it's also back loaded making it a nice trade chip for any team looking to dump salary in the final year.

And MoPete lemonade is fortified with all kinds of vitamins and minerals. No artifical flavours or colouring added. Good for what ails ya.
            Last edited by minks77; Thu Sep 27, 2012, 01:16 PM.
            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

i think a lot of people here have a very clouded memory of what mo-pete actually did. he was a great role player who at his very best averaged 16/4/2, six years into his career.

fields is coming off a disappointing sophomore season that we don't even need to really talk about, we all know what happened there. he's a better rebounder than mo pete ever was and i'd say as good if not better on D.

im not saying Fields is ever going to be more than a quality role player, i doubt it, but i think people tend to look at mo-pete's career with rose coloured glasses.
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I don't think anyone has said anything other than he was a good role player. I said he was better than DD and I stand by that statement. I think if Landry tops out at "only" as good as Mo then thats a success.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                  i think a lot of people here have a very clouded memory of what mo-pete actually did. he was a great role player who at his very best averaged 16/4/2, six years into his career.

fields is coming off a disappointing sophomore season that we don't even need to really talk about, we all know what happened there. he's a better rebounder than mo pete ever was and i'd say as good if not better on D.

im not saying Fields is ever going to be more than a quality role player, i doubt it, but i think people tend to look at mo-pete's career with rose coloured glasses.
                  +1

And I would add to the bold he did that in a year where he averaged 38 minutes and the team won 27 games..... the year of Mike James.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    +1

And I would add to the bold he did that in a year where he averaged 38 minutes and the team won 27 games..... the year of Mike James.
                    didn't even realize it was that god forsaken year. even less impressive.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rY95p_ELquI
                      in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

I can't say that that proves your argument at all but that should be the opening video at every game.

Comment

I'm mike james bitch! show me yo titties!
                          LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Landry Fields = Doug Christie
                            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                              Landry Fields = Doug Christie
                              Doug Christie handled the ball quite a bit when he played, definitely more two guard than Landry.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

sigh... Atlantic div:
                                1. Raps 40 - 22
                                2. Nets
                                3. Knicks
                                4. 76ers
                                5. Celtics
                                Let's go Raptors!

Comment

Working...
                                X