Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

akashsingh wrote: View Post
    spacing.
    But this year he's shown he can hit that long jump shot. As long as he's given the five seconds he needs to get it off.
    "Stop eating your sushi."
    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
      But this year he's shown he can hit that long jump shot. As long as he's given the five seconds he needs to get it off.
      More like 5 minutes.
      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I think a line up of Lowry, Derozan, Gay, JOHNSON, JV is better than
        Lowry, Derozan, Gay, BARGNANI, JV. Maybe the spacing isn't as good, but there certainly are more shots to go around for everyone else, and you have some scoring coming off the bench with bargs.

I am a GIANT Amir fan, and it's great that he has the ability to play either PF or C, and start at either position in a pinch. That said, if you want to go deep in the playoffs it's better to have him as your first big off the bench. If we don't trade bargs,then start amir and have bargs come in as the first big off the bench, but I think most of us would like to see bargs traded, which means we need another big. I'd rather try to land someone better than Amir as the starting PF/C to start along side Jonas. Amir does a tremendous job as the first big and provides insurance in the case of injuries (aka this year!)
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
          I think a line up of Lowry, Derozan, Gay, JOHNSON, JV is better than
          Lowry, Derozan, Gay, BARGNANI, JV. Maybe the spacing isn't as good, but there certainly are more shots to go around for everyone else, and you have some scoring coming off the bench with bargs.

I am a GIANT Amir fan, and it's great that he has the ability to play either PF or C, and start at either position in a pinch. That said, if you want to go deep in the playoffs it's better to have him as your first big off the bench. If we don't trade bargs,then start amir and have bargs come in as the first big off the bench, but I think most of us would like to see bargs traded, which means we need another big. I'd rather try to land someone better than Amir as the starting PF/C to start along side Jonas. Amir does a tremendous job as the first big and provides insurance in the case of injuries (aka this year!)
          Spacing isn't great tonight, but ball movement has been great, forcing defense to rotate, and finding someone open.

Comment

I am not sure if I would want Amir as starter long term. I love him as first big off bench tho despite great game tonight

Comment

great game tonight amir. great game.

Comment

Amir does make a great 1st big off the bench, but in time, if Amir were to keep starting, I could see Acy having that role.

Amir is definitely a +++ defender, as witnessed by his D on Griffin tonight.

Comment

Amir's work effort >>>>>

Comment

Amir is a WARRIOR.

Comment

In this system, with the speed they are playing Amir can start. Is it playoff winning basketball? Not sure. Also having Acey, and him being the first, serviceable big BCo has drafted from the second round gives us time to find the perfect fit instead of trading Bargs for a sack of basketballs.

Comment

Always thought Amir was a good player but not worth the money. This year has been a different story though and I hope it's a sign that he's coming of age. So far this year, he's earned every cent of his salary and has shown a lot of maturity. He's starting to remind me of Oakley(on Court only). Only hope this continues.

I don't see him as a day to day starter though. Once in a while yes but I think he's better suited to come off the bench.
                        Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                          In this system, with the speed they are playing Amir can start. Is it playoff winning basketball? Not sure. Also having Acey, and him being the first, serviceable big BCo has drafted from the second round gives us time to find the perfect fit instead of trading Bargs for a sack of basketballs.
                          It's a more traditional team. Is it a playoff TYPE team? Yes. Is it a playoff winning team? Nope. If JV can become that guy in the low post, and Amir continues his steady improvement, I would think this team can win in the playoffs.

But, it's only one game. But, against a very good team like the Clips - regardless with CP3 or not - we came out bangin'.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                            Always thought Amir was a good player but not worth the money. This year has been a different story though and I hope it's a sign that he's coming of age. So far this year, he's earned every cent of his salary and has shown a lot of maturity. He's starting to remind me of Oakley(on Court only). Only hope this continues.

I don't see him as a day to day starter though. Once in a while yes but I think he's better suited to come off the bench.
                            His numbers have proven otherwise as a starter.

Comment

Jesus, he's playing great basketball right now. He's turning into a double double machine. I think that it saves us from having to start bargnani in the short term. IF we do lose bargnani, than we need another PF/C and I'd rather have a player that's more talented than Amir not less. I do think that Bargs+Wing(s) gets us something decent in return. Or at least gives us the cap space to sign a decent PF/C this off season.

Again I think that JV+Amir+another player as good as amir, is a GREAT frontcourt rotation. AMIR is a BEAST!
                              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Also, to ANYONE who said he was overpaid when he received his contract, how does that crow taste?

Comment

Working...
                                X