Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Potential trade destinations for Lowry: Dec.12 - NY a match?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jclaw wrote: View Post
    Was just going to ask what the Knicks can offer. They are a mess. They need a point guard. Maybe some sort do three way trade? Who else would want anyone from the Knicks?
    If we really want to tank, Lowry, DeRozan, Amir and Novak to the Knicks for Amare,
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• What is a trade exception and how can we use it?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
        What is a trade exception and how can we use it?
        It's an exception that can be used in a trade in place of a player or pick. You can only give either a player,pick, or cash considerations in a trade. With the exception of..a trade exception.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
          It's an exception that can be used in a trade in place of a player or pick. You can only give either a player,pick, or cash considerations in a trade. With the exception of..a trade exception.

Thank you LBF!
          If the trade exception for Kyle Lowry is worth his salary, does that mean that Toronto would receive 6.2M$ in a Lowry for TE trade, or that the other team would simply don't need to give something back to us?

Comment

Thank you LBF!
            If the trade exception for Kyle Lowry is worth his salary, does that mean that Toronto would receive 6.2M$ in a Lowry for TE trade, or that the other team would simply don't need to give something back to us?
            No cash, they just don't give anything back to us.

As for Miami, I'm pretty sure the trade could be structured where we get the worse (or better) of their 2014 picks, and if they only end up with one pick, we get their 2017 1st round pick protected. So we can get around the fact that they've traded their 2015 1st round pick.

I'm really curious to see what Masai can get in return for Lowry. Lowry's playing great and on a cheap expiring contract. From the bar he set with Bargs and Gay I'll be disappointed if we don't get back something of note.

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
              No cash, they just don't give anything back to us.

As for Miami, I'm pretty sure the trade could be structured where we get the worse (or better) of their 2014 picks, and if they only end up with one pick, we get their 2017 1st round pick protected. So we can get around the fact that they've traded their 2015 1st round pick.

I'm really curious to see what Masai can get in return for Lowry. Lowry's playing great and on a cheap expiring contract. From the bar he set with Bargs and Gay I'll be disappointed if we don't get back something of note.
              i will be happy with a mid first rounder in 2014

Comment

• Guys there is a serious premium on any pick 1 - 20 in the draft. Do not expect any 2014 picks in that range, and be very surprised, thankful and amazed if happens. There are really solid players all the way into the early 2nd round of this draft. It truly is loaded
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• yukhan1980 wrote: View Post
                  i will be happy with a mid first rounder in 2014
                  I'd be happy with any 1st round pick, regardless of year, or a good prospect. Not setting the bar too high for Lowry. Maybe Lowry + Ross gets you a mid first rounder in 2014. Not sure if I'd do that (for instance, would you rather have Ross or Glenn Robinson and is the difference worth Kyle Lowry?), which is why I hope we keep giving Ross minutes to see what he can do.

Comment

Kyle Lowry to the Warriors for a trade exception of 6.2M$ and draft picks. What does a TE means exactly? If it's 6.M$ in cash then I'm all for that trade.
                    Pretty sure the Warriors have no tradeable picks...for quite a while

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
                      I'd be happy with any 1st round pick, regardless of year, or a good prospect. Not setting the bar too high for Lowry. Maybe Lowry + Ross gets you a mid first rounder in 2014. Not sure if I'd do that (for instance, would you rather have Ross or Glenn Robinson and is the difference worth Kyle Lowry?), which is why I hope we keep giving Ross minutes to see what he can do.
                      Not sure about Robinson but i would surely take Zach Lavine of UCLA

Comment

• torch19 wrote: View Post
                        One team I would look at is Chicago. They have a need & they have assets in Snell, Teague, Murphy, Mirotic, 2014 1st round pick from Charlotte [protected] & their own 2014 first round pick. It all depends on whether ownership will mandate a 'go for it all' move & should also depend on their position closer to the deadline.
                        This is what I've been looking at, and I think Chicago is a great fit for a Lowry trade. Right now they're 8th in the East and Thibodeau is not gonna be on board for any sort of rebuilding year or tanking of any kind, so replacing Rose with Lowry and soldiering on has gotta seem like a good option. Lowry is at his best when he's dominating the ball and looking to attack and to get his own more, much like Rose. But he's also learned to dial it back a bit and would fit into Chicago's non-Rose offense where there's more passing and the ball goes through the Noah a lot of the time. As cheap replacements on expiring deals go, you're not gonna find many better.

The question is whether Chicago might give up a pick, and I think they would given the right deal. The Raps can offer them a very good package by taking on Boozer's contract for Lowry and Amir. Mirotic (and some more Taj too) is set to replace Boozer next year anyway so it's either amnesty or trade, and Chicago's cheap ownership would no doubt prefer a trade. So by packaging Amir in you give Chicago a cheap and expendable Boozer replacement for the short term that can also back up Noah and ease his minutes a bit. Oh, and Thibs would love Amir, so there's that. He'd probably love Lowry too. So from Chicago's perspective this not only eases their cap situation, provides a solid replacement player at a position of need in Lowry and frees up minutes for better players in Gibson and ultimately Mirotic while providing a solid short-term replacement in Amir, they also get to chase a decent playoff seed in a very weak East. Or they do nothing and amnesty Boozer.

So, what is Chicago willing to give up to swap Lowry and Amir for Boozer? If I'm the Raps I'm asking for the more favorable (to Toronto) of Chicago's or Charlotte's 2014 firsts. Or see if they'll send both picks to you if you throw in a lottery protected first rounder in another year, or a crapload of second rounders, etc. Chicago can easilly send Boozer packing by paying with their picks, but will they find any other team willing to send such useful players on cap-friendly contracts back? My hope is no.

Comment

• Lark Benson wrote: View Post
                          This is what I've been looking at, and I think Chicago is a great fit for a Lowry trade. Right now they're 8th in the East and Thibodeau is not gonna be on board for any sort of rebuilding year or tanking of any kind, so replacing Rose with Lowry and soldiering on has gotta seem like a good option. Lowry is at his best when he's dominating the ball and looking to attack and to get his own more, much like Rose. But he's also learned to dial it back a bit and would fit into Chicago's non-Rose offense where there's more passing and the ball goes through the Noah a lot of the time. As cheap replacements on expiring deals go, you're not gonna find many better.

The question is whether Chicago might give up a pick, and I think they would given the right deal. The Raps can offer them a very good package by taking on Boozer's contract for Lowry and Amir. Mirotic (and some more Taj too) is set to replace Boozer next year anyway so it's either amnesty or trade, and Chicago's cheap ownership would no doubt prefer a trade. So by packaging Amir in you give Chicago a cheap and expendable Boozer replacement for the short term that can also back up Noah and ease his minutes a bit. Oh, and Thibs would love Amir, so there's that. He'd probably love Lowry too. So from Chicago's perspective this not only eases their cap situation, provides a solid replacement player at a position of need in Lowry and frees up minutes for better players in Gibson and ultimately Mirotic while providing a solid short-term replacement in Amir, they also get to chase a decent playoff seed in a very weak East. Or they do nothing and amnesty Boozer.

So, what is Chicago willing to give up to swap Lowry and Amir for Boozer? If I'm the Raps I'm asking for the more favorable (to Toronto) of Chicago's or Charlotte's 2014 firsts. Or see if they'll send both picks to you if you throw in a lottery protected first rounder in another year, or a crapload of second rounders, etc. Chicago can easilly send Boozer packing by paying with their picks, but will they find any other team willing to send such useful players on cap-friendly contracts back? My hope is no.
                          Wouldn't be opposed to taking Boozer for Amir + Lowry and 2 First Rounders in 2014, lol.

Though, I can't see CHI doing it and giving up 2 Firsts. Maybe we'd have to go up some Second Round picks?

Can't complain about that, and I could see MU being able to flip Boozer later on too.

3 First Rounders in 2014, along with some 2nd Round Picks...not so bad, :P

Comment

• I think Boozer would be extremely hard to flip again. I'm not sure if MU would be willing to take on $16.8M in salary for one player next season since he didn't want to do the same thing for Gay potentially.

I don't know if MU would be willing to take that much salary on for extra picks when he just made a transaction to free up cap space for next season.

I would do the trade.. just not sure if MU would even consider it if it was made available.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                              I think Boozer would be extremely hard to flip again. I'm not sure if MU would be willing to take on $16.8M in salary for one player next season since he didn't want to do the same thing for Gay potentially.

I don't know if MU would be willing to take that much salary on for extra picks when he just made a transaction to free up cap space for next season.

I would do the trade.. just not sure if MU would even consider it if it was made available.
                              The raptors aren't really going to be players in FA this year. I think MU may have freed up that space to keep a trade like this open. A trade where the raptors take on a bad contract but also some assets.
                              "Bruno?
                              Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                              He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                                I think Boozer would be extremely hard to flip again. I'm not sure if MU would be willing to take on $16.8M in salary for one player next season since he didn't want to do the same thing for Gay potentially.

I think the difference between taking on Boozer vs Gay is taking on Boozer might net the Raptors assets.

Comment

Working...
                                X