No announcement yet.

Amir at the weed store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you ever tried smoking up and playing ball??!!

A friend of mind (cough * cough *) has done it a few times. He described it as your head is really in the game but your body is about three steps behind. Seriously, when you're done laughing you'll also notice you're losing 7-0.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      I'm not saying its a good way to treat anxiety.
      I'm saying it is a way that people have been known to use to cope with dibilitating anxiety. Just a fact.

And just like some people would rather not wear contacts for their eyesight, as they don't like how it feels etc.; some people will choose not smoke pot for their anxiety. That's not to say its not a valid option that works for some people.

And further more, I'm not at all in the group of "people who want to think smoking is all good and cool and it's just the stubborn, conservative and hypocritic view that is against legalizing".

I just know the facts, and when compared to Alcohol or Cigarettes, there is NO comparison to health side effects that are caused.

But we've now officially gone into "Off-Topic" territory. Might have to move this thread.
      It's summertime; almost all threads are off-topic...

I didn't mean to imply that this was your position by the way; sorry about that.

I know it's a way that people have been trying to treat anxiety, but I'm not sure if there is a sufficient scientific base for this, because all I know is that the risks for increasing anxiety are pretty high, especially for social disorders. Also, as a I said, for students it's a good way to mess up their lives. I'm not saying that they should start binge drinking instead.

Now, if you compare it to cigarettes, I am of the opposite opinion and don't see why there is "NO" comparison, certainly with the added health problems that smoking cigarettes doesn't have. My fact are probably different from your facts...

Comment

Personally, if I want to get an edge before playing some pickup ball I like to do a big ol shot of heroin. I find it really gets me in the zone.

Wait a second! It's illegal for professional athletes to do heroin too?! WHEN WILL THE TYRANNY STOP?
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
          Personally, if I want to get an edge before playing some pickup ball I like to do a big ol shot of heroin. I find it really gets me in the zone.

Wait a second! It's illegal for professional athletes to do heroin too?! WHEN WILL THE TYRANNY STOP?
          Lmao 10/10 post

Comment

themasao wrote: View Post
            I've been thinking about this a lot ever since the Jays signed Melky. But I tend to take the slippery slope/where do you draw the line argument the other way.

The more I think about it, the less of a problem I have with PED's as a whole. It's not a very popular opinion to hold, but I just don't see how one can, with intellectual integrity intact, claim that taking testosterone is cheating (and hence morally abominable) but taking Protein and Creatine supplements is not.

They are fundamentally the same notion. The only principled distinction you can really make is that the latter is generally safer (and even then, the statistics about the 'inherent risks' associated with anabolics are very misleading -- most of the health problems come from abuse of the product, most of the abuse comes from ignorance about how to use them, and most of the ignorance comes from the dangerous stigma surrounding the drugs. What's the correct dosage of testosterone to take isn't exactly an easy question to ask your trainer.)

So where do we draw the line? As far as I'm concerned, everything should be fair game. After all, think how significant of a 'competitive advantage' Lebron was afforded by his genetics. Lebron hits the genetic jackpot and I'm a cheater because I want to supersede my own physical limitations? Doesn't seem fair to me.

So yeah: call anything that enhances anyone's performance a PED and let them all be legal.
            Fuck yeah!!!
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
              Sorry, but I don't buy it. There are plenty of prescription drugs that help with anxiety. From studies that I've read weed can have an adverse effect and create more anxiety for people. I think in many cases most use it as an excuse to smoke it.
              Haha for the "from what i have read" haha.
              Me too i have done a lot of research and started reading up on the topic about 17 years ago. Been through a lot of books and i have also found that sometimes it can create anxiety or a spiraling effect where one thought leads to another and patients fall down the rabbit hole.
              Haha

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                That's way too easy. A lot of it is about how often you use it; thc can be very damaging; tolerance policies also lead to stronger substances and that's not a positive either. It's also not recommended for use when you go to class, better not have high expectations for the future.
                Bro I know kids who smoke weed everyday and get 90s in class . Its all about how you handle it . Millions of people have died from alcohol no one has died from smoking weed .
                ya dun noe

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Weed isn't "healthy" for anyone. It's simply less destructive than alcohol.
                  that's not true man if you smoke just green with no batch that is not bad for you . Also weed is a medicine and poses health benefits. lets be honest if there is any drug that is safest to be doing then its weed. Its safer then any other drug and it doesn't totally fuck you up
                  ya dun noe

Comment

if you ask any cop its a waste of time going after people who smoke weed ,Toronto cops don't care . Guelph cops are just fags who care about that type of shit cause they have nothing to do lol
                    ya dun noe

Comment

• Hassan wrote: View Post
                      Bro I know kids who smoke weed everyday and get 90s in class . Its all about how you handle it . Millions of people have died from alcohol no one has died from smoking weed .
                      Where did you get that no one has died?Just an example. But that's not the point of what I said, I'm not comparing it with alcohol thus saying it's more damaging.

The fact that you know some kids who do well in school isn't exactly good evidence, effects on learning and school results are well documented.

Comment

that's not true man if you smoke just green with no batch that is not bad for you . Also weed is a medicine and poses health benefits. lets be honest if there is any drug that is safest to be doing then its weed. Its safer then any other drug and it doesn't totally fuck you up
                        There are minimal health benefits to weed unless your someone who is dealing with severe chronic pain and even then most doctors won't prescribe it unless you're on your deathbed. That's because of the risk of lung cancer. Weed has much more carcinogenic hydrocarbons (not to mention tar) in it than regular tobacco and because weed smokers inhale much deeper than regular cigarette smokers they're leaving their lungs exposed for a longer length in time.

So anyone who says smoking weed isn't bad for you are kidding themselves. They're justifying it to make it acceptable. And that's fine. I don't dance with Mary Jane anymore, but let's not kid ourselves and try and make weed a wonder drug here.

Comment

Also weed is a medicine and poses health benefits.
                          Care to expand on this? Also, please provide links to peer-reviewed journal articles.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                            Care to expand on this? Also, please provide links to peer-reviewed journal articles.
                            Also, please write your response in the style of a 5 paragraph critical essay, complete with embedded citations and an MLA-style bibliography. Don't forget to keep your word count under 1500, thank you!

Comment

if you ask any cop its a waste of time going after people who smoke weed ,Toronto cops don't care . Guelph cops are just fags who care about that type of shit cause they have nothing to do lol
                              You're a gem

Comment

• Drugs are bad. Even the over-the-counter ones. There's no two ways about it.
                                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                                X