Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Canadian are you? or Who gives a $hit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was born and brought up in India. Have lived in Canada since 1994. Love India, love Canada and love the Raptors. As far as Steve Nash is concerned this is how I see it- after successfully playing in the NBA, he had reached a point in his career where his choices were to either help the only franchise in his home Country grow and gain respect in the league or play for a potential Champion. If he ends up with a championship he will have the satisfaction of having a title and will be remembered for it. If he had chosen the Raptors, he would have had the satisfaction of doing what he could to help the only NBA franchise in his home Country. Selfishness Vs Character. We all know what he chose.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
      Oh and I'm a dual Canadian and Italian citizen, but more Canadian than Italian.
      Yeah this sums up my answer pretty well. Live/born in Toronto and lived in Rome.

jshchn wrote: View Post
      Yay! A topic I feel adequate to reply in.
      Haha I know exactly how you feel.

Comment

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
        Was born and brought up in India. Have lived in Canada since 1994. Love India, love Canada and love the Raptors. As far as Steve Nash is concerned this is how I see it- after successfully playing in the NBA, he had reached a point in his career where his choices were to either help the only franchise in his home Country grow and gain respect in the league or play for a potential Champion. If he ends up with a championship he will have the satisfaction of having a title and will be remembered for it. If he had chosen the Raptors, he would have had the satisfaction of doing what he could to help the only NBA franchise in his home Country. Selfishness Vs Character. We all know what he chose.
        I'm indian too. Cept i was born in toronto and raised in Brampton. I mainly follow the Raps because they are a canadian team and because random A-Holes, like Deadallus pointed out, diss them for no apparent reason. I've been watching raptors ball on and off and just really started getting hooked 2 years ago and i don't plan on stopping cause big things are coming. I can't wait to see the look on some of my friends faces when the Raps make the playoffs and kick ass. They've dissed the raptors ever since i began watching them and once they start winning they won't have shit to say about them. Like Deadallus pointed out there are a shit load of people that just root for players not teams. You can't be a true fan of a team unless you actually live in that area, so i guess Canadian just resort to bandwagoning players like Lebron. I think some people here, especially nba fans, are too influenced by what americans say about the raptors or canada.

Comment

This isn't the US... being Canadian is about being able to hold onto your individual cultural identities..

you don't have to stop being from wherever you're from in order to be Canadian... that's the point of the whole "cultural mosaic" stuff they teach us in school..

celebrate where you're from... that's kinda what being from Canada is about.

unless you're Mexican... then get out of my country.

Comment

Born in Vancouver, BC. Parents are from the Philippines, and immigrated here 20 years ago. So I'm a Filipino-Canadian.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I'm from the country 'other Europe'.

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                I'm from the country 'other Europe'.
                There's a country called "Autre Europe?"

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                  There's a country called "Autre Europe?"
                  Well, if you say it in French, that's some kind of political movement; but it's the only option for me in the poll, so apparently I am. That's what you get if you are a coincidental Raptors fan from The Netherlands ...

Comment

I'm an East African mix, born in Toronto raised in Toronto, Raptors fan since the earlier days but was watching Bulls in the 90's like everyone else.
                    Really got into the Raptors when they got back into the playoffs. Now I'm just waiting for them to gain some more respect in this league and make a solid push and bring some recognition to the team from the only team in the north.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Born in China to a Chinese father and a Norwegian-Dutch mother. I've lived in Singapore, Korea, and Rochester NY before settling down in Toronto ~12 years ago. Lived here ever since.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                        ... I've lived in Singapore, Korea, and Rochester NY before settling down in Toronto ~12 years ago. Lived here ever since.
                        That is a cool itinerary. Were you old enough to remember much of Singapore and Korea? What a change Rochester must have been.

Comment

Puffer wrote: View Post
                          That is a cool itinerary. Were you old enough to remember much of Singapore and Korea? What a change Rochester must have been.
                          Nah, I was only around 4 when we moved to Singapore. Korea on the other hand, to the best of my recollections I can remember only a few places.

Comment

Working...
                          X