what about marvin williams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what about marvin williams

read that he wasn't happy with his role.

what do you think about him as sf instead of batum or chandler(hypothetically of course)
    he can hit the 3 has good hands. not a bad player. but i think that calderon to atlanta for hinrich and williams.

trade machine only works if i add in alabi but i think that something somehow can be figured out.

I could see Marvin's numbers going up with the Raptors, but not sure how much more he would give you that James Johnson isn't giving you right now. They're both pretty even right now.

Comment

Not to mention what he'd give up defensively
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Actually I shouldnt say anything I can't remember the last time I've seen him play
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
          Actually I shouldnt say anything I can't remember the last time I've seen him play
          He's actually underrated defensively, he doesn't give up as much as James Johnson I can tell you that.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

James Johnson is one of the better defending wings in league..
            The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
              James Johnson is one of the better defending wings in league..
              Yeah but James Johnson isn't a defensive stopper......

Marvin Williams can play defense, he's not a Ron Artest, LeBron James, type defender, but he can stop ball and make it hard. It's not bad defense he plays, it's just not great.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                He's actually underrated defensively, he doesn't give up as much as James Johnson I can tell you that.
                Prove it. What is your opinion based on?

Comment

The Hawks gave him a pretty nice contract, so they think pretty well of him. With that being said, they're not going to just give him away.

Comment

In reply to the thread title ...

What ABOUT Marvin Wiliams ?

not interested at all

Comment

Marvin Williams claim to fame....he was picked by Atlanta instead of CP3....to their everlasting regret. Somewhat similar to the Raps (but not as bad) when they opted for Joey Graham instead of Granger.

No thanks. I'd much prefer a Chandler or a Batum.
                      Last edited by Bendit; Sat Feb 25, 2012, 07:34 PM.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                        In reply to the thread title ...

What ABOUT Marvin Wiliams ?

not interested at all
                        Seconded. The guy has never reached his potential, he is what he is: a 25-minute, 9 and 5 guy. Do not want.
                        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

Meh.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            Yeah but James Johnson isn't a defensive stopper......

Marvin Williams can play defense, he's not a Ron Artest, LeBron James, type defender, but he can stop ball and make it hard. It's not bad defense he plays, it's just not great.
                            He's the best defender I've seen in a raptors uniform... whatever that says. He can take over a game on that end. I'm really not sure why more of his blocks don't make the highlight reals. No one has lit him up this year, and Casey has 100 percent confidence in him. His offence is finally finding it's stride. He's taking it hard to the hoop all the time. You should pay more attention to his game.

As for Marvin, I thought BC should have went with him instead of Turk a few years ago. He would have been cheaper and Atlanta wouldn't have been able to match. However, he is inconsistent and can disappear during games.

The Klieza and JJ combo isn't bad for now. Give it another year and see how things work out with the draft and Jonas.

Comment

speedbag wrote: View Post
                              He's the best defender I've seen in a raptors uniform... whatever that says. He can take over a game on that end. I'm really not sure why more of his blocks don't make the highlight reals. No one has lit him up this year, and Casey has 100 percent confidence in him. His offence is finally finding it's stride. He's taking it hard to the hoop all the time. You should pay more attention to his game.

As for Marvin, I thought BC should have went with him instead of Turk a few years ago. He would have been cheaper and Atlanta wouldn't have been able to match. However, he is inconsistent and can disappear during games.

The Klieza and JJ combo isn't bad for now. Give it another year and see how things work out with the draft and Jonas.
                              Yeah but they aren't an answer at the three, I would love them on this team for years to come, but they aren't going to get things done in the playoffs where it was probably a very important piece when it comes to production.

Comment

Working...
                              X