Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible Target for backup PG: Buycks & Stone signed

http://www.netsdaily.com/2013/6/8/44...son-opting-out

Do we see him as a possible target in the free agency?

Do we think he will fit in with the Raptors and be a good backup pg?

I don't think so. I see him as a third guard only.

He's bad defender, doesn't handle ball well during P&R. The only things he can offer to us is defense stretching and outside presence ( he's great 3pt shooter, can be effective in offensive events without plenty of touches.. )

But I like him more than Lucas or Telfair.

Comment

^Basically that, he'd be a great 3rd option behind Trey Burke and Myck Kabongo .......................

Comment

funny, one year away from Chicago and he went from best back up pg to good 3rd stringer behind two rookies. Haha. we need Tommy T

Comment

He opted out of $1.1 mil, and is an unrestricted free agent. I'd say 'sure, why not' if he was on a vet's minimum contract, but he's not worth the $1.5-2 mil it would take to get him, especially since we're capped out.

Comment

I just think he's really not the best fit as long as Lowry is around. His best attribute is his shooting. I don't consider Watson a great passer or defender. Those are the 2 things I want most in our back up PG. Shooting...that's gotta come from the wings. We had some pretty great shooting PGs last year, it didn't change the fact that other guys couldn't buy a 3.

Comment

I'm thinking someone younger with a good upside like Nolan Smith from the blazers or Daquan Cook. I really hope we are looking for a full rebuild, this team needs to be built the right way. Preferably we get this pg from the draft.

Comment

he's pretty much a taller version of john lucas. i remember him killing the raps with corner 3's. but that's about it. he's not a playmaker, defender. we need a playmaker who could set up the offense when the starters are on the bench.

i'm hoping to get a late first rounder to draft kabongo. how about johnny flynn? injuries, the triangle offense, and ricky rubio ruined his nba career, esp on how he was drafted so high. he was playing in australia this season. i think he would be a decent backup (definitely better than lucas or telfair).

my ultimate target however would be ridnour or hinrich.

Comment

Darren collison?
                  No Dissrespect...
                  With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

NBL Jonny Flynn

2KJ wrote: View Post
                    i how about johnny flynn? injuries, the triangle offense, and ricky rubio ruined his nba career, esp on how he was drafted so high. he was playing in australia this season. i think he would be a decent backup (definitely better than lucas or telfair).

my ultimate target however would be ridnour or hinrich.
                    I live in New Zealand which is in the NBL same league as Jonny Flynn and I still think he has a bit more recovering to do he hardly dominated the league like he should of the NZ Breakers PG Cedric Jackson won MVP and if your looking for backup I think he would be better option basically averaged a triple double this season and led the Breakers to a championship.

Comment

Deven Harris or Ben Uzoh
                      #BringBackUzoh

Comment

anyone have a good list of seniors who might not get drafted? 24 year olds fit the mold and I think a guard in that mix might be able to help.

Comment

feet85 wrote: View Post
                          Deven Harris or Ben Uzoh
                          Are you Ben Uzoh ??? LOL

Man you remind of Ceez with the mediocre sub-par player fetish.

Comment

Post-googling Ben Uzoh... I still don't know who he is.

Comment

John Lucas clone except with the Spurs this season Patty Mills?

Comment

Working...
                              X