Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay, Acy & Gray to SAC for Vasquez, Patterson, Hayes & Salmons (Augustin waived)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As much as the Vasquez acquisition makes sense for Lowry to be next, i think getting Patterson spells the end of Amir/psycho t. He actually fits in really well.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Primer wrote: View Post
      Liking this deal more the more I look at it.

Patterson brings a completely different dimension at PF with his ability to stretch the floor (.340 career 3pt). He was a lotto pick in 2010, is only 24, and has been getting better each season. He's a nice addition to the big man rotation now and into the future.

Vasquez was similarly a 2010 first round pick. He also has been improving each season. He's also a good 3pt shooter (.342 last year). He'll do a fine job filling in as the starter when Lowry is traded and he'll be a good option for backup PG in the future.

I expect Fields to start at SF tonight. Hopefully the trade results in more burn for Ross and not a ton of minutes for Salmons.
      please lets not talk about rotations and potential while casey is still here

Comment

• JV + Greivis = LOB CITY 2.0????
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• I believe Casey is googling how to draw up a motion offence as we speak.. I can just imagine his reaction to this: "Fuck..."

Comment

• connected wrote: View Post
            also it's funny ... because (I think) we actually offered salmons a better contract to play for the raptors when he was a free agent but he didn't want to play here
            I guess God changed his mind and wants Salmons to play in Toronto afterall...

Comment

• Good news kids:

Raps committed salaries for 2014-15 has dropped to about $52-$53M.

They can do qualifying offers to Patterson and Vasquez and hit the trade market with about $8M in cap space.

It is all about clearing the table for 2015-16.

#tankON

Comment

• Funny how this trade answers the prayers of both "tankers" and "anti-tankers"

Comment

• Not sure how much I like this trade with us not getting draft picks. Salmons is solid but I am worried about defense.

Comment

• Doug is going through more than 1 box of Kleenex tonight.

Comment

• Love the trade. Honestly gives the Raps a ton of flexibility going forward. Also I may be able to watch a PnR that isn't a disaster for once this season...

I'm actually happy Acy got traded, maybe he will finally get to see the floor now because he deserves it.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Doug is going through more than 1 box of Kleenex tonight.

What? They're actually cancelling the game?
                        OG is our king

Comment

Via HoopsHype.com:

Just the beginning?

well ya its deff just the beginning

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                            Funny how this trade answers the prayers of both "tankers" and "anti-tankers"
                            Masai is a genius. Even after a trade nobody knows what his doing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                              Funny how this trade answers the prayers of both "tankers" and "anti-tankers"
                              Well this trade doesn't hold clear picture, but let's be realistics - We need to clear Bryan's mess. Masai needs to. Whatever happens - happens. Let's go with the flow

Comment

Doug is going through more than 1 box of Kleenex tonight.

raptors won't play tonight? Wtf he's talking

Comment

Working...
                                X