X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man the t-wolves are hilarious
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• You know it sucks when names like Kirilenko and Ilyasova are coming up as potential SF targets for the Raps... at this point I'd be all over that Deng deal. Perhaps we can take Deng off Chicago's hands so that they can match Houston's offer for Asik?

Comment

• He isn't pretty but I love his game... even at 31 years of age:

MVP - Andrei Kirilenko, CSKA Moscow
        It took him 11 years to return to the Turkish Airlines Euroleague but small forward Andrei Kirilenko has proved to be instrumental in CSKA Moscow's comeback season. Kirilenko had a sudden impact in the competition, earning regular season Games 1 and 4 MVP honors and being chosen as the bwin MVP for October. He also leads the 2011-12 Euroleague in performance index ranking (24.1 per game), rebounds (7.2 rpg.) and blocks (1.87 bpg.). Kirilenko is second in steals (1.53 spg.) and was the Euroleague's only player to rank among the 10 best in scoring, rebounding, steals and blocks. His intensity, energy and quickness allowed Kirilenko to become the 2011-12 Best Defender Trophy winner, but he was a decisive factor on offense, too. Kirilenko was the playoffs best scorer (17.5 ppg.), ranked fourth in fouls drawn (5.1 per game) and second in free throws made (4.6 per game). A EuroBasket winner with Russia in 2007 and a bronze medalist in 2011, Kirilenko's last trip to a Final Four was at age 20, back in 2001, when CSKA played the SuproLeague. A world-class player nowadays, Kirilenko is hungrier than anyone to win his first Euroleague title, dominating at both ends of the floor.
        “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
        ― John Wooden

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          From the rumors I read, they would amnesty Webster and expect Miller to retire.
          Retirement still counts towards the cap. Remember Hakeem?

Interesting on Webster. Amnestying him would be a cost of $5.7M when they could pay him $860k to go away. That is a near $5M hit. I'd have to see a link to believe that.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Ya I'm not big on Kirilenko .. not sure why.
            I'm worried because he is made of glass and has shown he is unable to withstand the rigours of an NBA season.

Comment

• Via HoopsHype.com:

Portland restricted free agent Nicolas Batum visited the Timberwolves on Sunday night and Monday, but left town without yet agreeing to a rich offer from the Wolves, who have made the 6-8 swingman and veteran guard Brandon Roy their top free-agent targets so far. Minneapolis Star-Tribune
              I just got word Batum's two options at this point, are the Blazers and the Timberwolves. He's focused on coming to an agreement with one of them and has postponed all other team visits. CSNNW.com
              The joys of RFA. Players use teams like a cheap whore and then return to the wife and family.

Comment

• Unless something is available on the trade market that fans are not aware of (and that should be the case), maybe a David West-type deal for Kirilenko would be a good start? 2 years, $20M?

I could live with that.

In terms of his 3pt shooting, he has been inconsistent in the NBA around 30% most seasons but he did have 2 years of 38% in 2007-2008 and his last season he was near 37% in 2010-11.

In Europe this year (closer 3), he shot just under 40% with 42% in Euroleague, 39% in Russia, and 35% in VTB.

Comment

• 2 years and $20 million seems rather high for a player past his prime. I'd advise caution handing out big contracts in the new CBA. $10 million a year in the new CBA should be reserved for All Star or borderline All Star players.

Comment

• It's a short term deal. If the deal doesn't put them over the tax threshold and they feel what they need to do next summer won't put them over then no big deal here.

Comment

• What are we talking about here?!
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• AK47. See Matt's post.

Comment

• Otherwise known as plan F

Comment

• Plan fffffffffffff
                            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Mediumcore wrote: View Post
                              2 years and $20 million seems rather high for a player past his prime. I'd advise caution handing out big contracts in the new CBA. $10 million a year in the new CBA should be reserved for All Star or borderline All Star players.
                              You would think that but clearly it is not the case.

David West is past his prime and had a very positive impact on Indiana last year. At 2 years if it doesn't work out, he is an expiring contract the following season in the new CBA where expiring contracts should return to a valuable chip like they were up until the last few years.

Comment

• I'm fine with AK47 as the starting SF.

Very good defensively, does not demand the ball but can score if need be.

If Paul just turned down a 3 year $60mil extension, then paying AK $10mil wont be that bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X