Eric Gordon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Gordon

People seem to say that we should trade DeMar to get a 2 guard who can shoot. Their are rumors out there that the Hornets are trying to trade Eric Gordon. How 'bout DeMar and Bargnani for Eric Gordon?

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=blaho5v

We get the perfect player to play alongside Gay at the wings. Gordon can also play the point and he can definitely shoot the ball. We get rid of Bargnani.

For the Hornets, they get rid of a often injured player who doesn't want to play for them and get 2 good players, one to serve as the new 2 guard alongside Ryan Anderson at the wings. The other, Bargnani, will be the backup of Anthony Davis at the 4 spot.

This is a high risk high reward move. Would you do it? Do you think the Hornets would pull the thrigger?

We could also add Terrence Ross and try to get Ryan Anderson back. I know it's not actually working on the trade machine but at the end of the day it's the first trade that won't work, because DeMar is making 9,5M$ next year.

For next year, Bargnani, DeMar and Ross are making 23,2M$ together.
    As for Gordon and Anderson, 22,6M$.

It's pretty equal and I think it would be a really good trade for both teams.
    Last edited by charlesnba23; Tue Apr 2, 2013, 01:40 AM.

Comment

Not sure I would trade DD straight up for Gordon, this year has closed the gap between their skills, and EG is showing some toxic personality traits as well as a tendency to get hurt regularly. Would only move DD if we can pry a stud four from someone, e.g. Milsap.

Comment

Definitely not. What's the gain here? If anything Gordon is basically exactly demar. Good at free throws. Bad at 3 pointers. Sporadic and inconsistent fg% from one game to the next. The main difference being EG seems like a whiny bitch and gets injured more often.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
          Definitely not. What's the gain here? If anything Gordon is basically exactly demar. Good at free throws. Bad at 3 pointers. Sporadic and inconsistent fg% from one game to the next. The main difference being EG seems like a whiny bitch and gets injured more often.
          Post trade I haven't seen too much of Gordon, but he is a totally different player from DeRozan. Pre-trade and pre injury he was a good threepointshooter and a good ballhandler. He was pretty good in the PnR; of course not at Chris Paul level, but among the better PnR players in the league. I do think he needs the ball in his hands, so I don't think he'll be a great fit with our team and the injuries are of course a big problem.

Comment

Eric Gordon is a better talent and a better 3 point shooter than DeMar DeRozan. But Gordon missed a lot of games these past three seasons and he makes $14-15M a year.

I would trade DeRozan straight up for Gordon if that trade was available and cross my fingers that he stays healthy.

Comment

Not sure about his personality and attitude. Might be a problem...

Comment

Working...
              X