Reasons for Optimism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joey wrote: View Post
    I've never called Ross a scrub, nor have I yelled to trade Demar.
    So should I be saying "I told you so" as well?
    Well during that season, thats precisely what this board was doing. I only wrote this post as a reaction to the extreme negativity that was witnessed at the time.

If you argued to keep this core together, then yeah ofcourse, you were right.
    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
      Well during that season, thats precisely what this board was doing. I only wrote this post as a reaction to the extreme negativity that was witnessed at the time.

If you argued to keep this core together, then yeah ofcourse, you were right.
      Sweet! HAH I told all of you losers!!! Eat it Matt!

Hrmm... no that makes me look like a douche... Ahem.. Sorry about that guys.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
        If you make enough predictions some are bound to happen.
        ive been consistently arguing with the Matt for more than 2 years about this. This is not a matter of quantity of predictions, as Ive stuck to the same guns.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
          Sweet! HAH I told all of you losers!!! Eat it Matt!

Hrmm... no that makes me look like a douche... Ahem.. Sorry about that guys.
          Eh, I think everyone on this site could use a little humble-pie -- myself included.

Bringing up old arguments might not be such a terrible idea...

I'm sure I could find some stupid stuff that enlightenment said too though.
          "Bruno?
          Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
          He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Eh, I think everyone on this site could use a little humble-pie -- myself included.

Opinions change over time though (based on new information). Bringing up old arguments, and judging them based on today, completely loses the context in which the old arguments were made in.

"Haha, can you believe that douche? He spent $300 on a Sony Walkman when he could've just bought an iPod today".

Comment

So arguments about the future should be had and then forgotten? Never revisited to see what lessons were learned? How wrong/right our convictions were?

Ofcourse Ive said stupid things, but when you're right, you're right.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                ive been consistently arguing with the Matt for more than 2 years about this. This is not a matter of quantity of predictions, as Ive stuck to the same guns.
                Well you were a little off about Ed Davis there

But no, I agree, you did have faith, and it wasn't misplaced.
                "Bruno?
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                  Opinions change over time though (based on new information). Bringing up old arguments, and judging them based on today, completely loses the context in which the old arguments were made in.

"Haha, can you believe that douche? He spent $300 on a Sony Walkman when he could've just bought an iPod today".
                  Well when the argument itself involves the future prospects of certain players/teams, the only way to assess the outcome is by waiting for the future.

It's a little more like saying: "Haha, can you believe that douche? He invested in blackberry instead of apple!"
                  "Bruno?
                  He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Well you were a little off about Ed Davis there

But no, I agree, you did have faith, and it wasn't misplaced.
                    I feel if we kept him he couldve blossomed. I actually feel bad for him as his stock is at a low but he is such a high character guy. You know he is one of the few raptors I met. Once at a dairy queen (He was with Alabi, they were asking for McFlurries at a DQ LOL)

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                      So arguments about the future should be had and then forgotten? Never revisited to see what lessons were learned? How wrong/right our convictions were?

Ofcourse Ive said stupid things, but when you're right, you're right.
                      That's kind of the same point as I was making in my post, I think you misinterpreted my tone.
                      "Bruno?
                      He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• I was right you were wronggg I'm gonna sing the I was right songgg
                        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
                        Because its 2015

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                          Well when the argument itself involves the future prospects of certain players/teams, the only way to assess the outcome is by waiting for the future.

It's a little more like saying: "Haha, can you believe that douche? He invested in blackberry instead of apple!"
                          If we're talking about the future, then I wouldn't say that Matt has been proven wrong....since this core hasn't won a championship

Comment

• stooley wrote: View Post
                            That's kind of the same point as I was making in my post, I think you misinterpreted my tone.
                            right, I re-read it. I thought you said bringing up old arguments WAS a terrible idea.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              If we're talking about the future, then I wouldn't say that Matt has been proven wrong....since this core hasn't won a championship
                              Thats a good point.. however we are closer now then ever in franchise history. The other teams that reached 47 wins were old teams, this is a young team that has become our best team ever with plenty of time to continue to improve together, and we have the capspace to add more talent to it. This is the perfect position to shoot for a championship. Though no guarantee obviously.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                Fair enough... I actually didn't read whatever argument happened in this thread.

I was just piping in with my 2 cents
                                "Bruno?
                                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X