Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #2: Atlanta Hawks 102 - Toronto Raptors 95 (F)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    I hate the man crush that ppl have on JV. That how he can't do anything wrong. He was bad defensively so he didn't play down the stretch.
    Who is saying he can't do wrong? He is a 21 C oozing potential and needing experience to reach it

I hate ppl saying this team is anything but a 12th pick in the lottery

Comment

• DD was hot tonight Rudy Gay better get his shit together. Everybody needs to put in some FT practice tomorrow.... What is Ross for.

Comment

• This is going to be a long, difficult, and painful to watch season.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Who is saying he can't do wrong? He is a 21 C oozing potential and needing experience to reach it

If this team is far behind after the first 20 games of the season, I say blow it up. Following that, is the firing of Dwane Casey.
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

To Casey's defense (which I hate doing because I think he's a terrible coach) taking JV out might have been the right thing to do. The way I see it, if Gregg Popovic was coaching them tonight and wanted to win the game, he would have probably kept JV on the bench as well. BUT I'm still with you, I would rather have JV play a shit ton of minutes just for the sake of getting better

Comment

• the only good thing I can say about tonight, is that hopefully it will be an easy decision for management to scrap this team....I don't feel like watching another raptors game this season.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                To Casey's defense (which I hate doing because I think he's a terrible coach) taking JV out might have been the right thing to do. The way I see it, if Gregg Popovic was coaching them tonight and wanted to win the game, he would have probably kept JV on the bench as well. BUT I'm still with you, I would rather have JV play a shit ton of minutes just for the sake of getting better
                last i checked the raps lost so maybe JV should have played more hey who knows!
                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• If you look at Gay's shot chart he only took 9 shots from outside of the paint, and 3 of those were 3-pointers, so he took 14 shots in the paint. That's a much better ratio than usual. And yes, I realise I'm grasping for positives here.

DeRozan's mid range shot is so much better than when he first came into the NBA though it's not even funny.

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                    last i checked the raps lost so maybe JV should have played more hey who knows!
                    lol I know JV should have played more. But my point is that a good coach that wanted to win tonight would have likely kept him on the bench regardless

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                      Just to clarify, nothing wrong with taking him out. Problem is not getting in his ear, telling him what he needs to do, and getting him back out there.

What raptor stopped horford tonight?
                      What raptor protected the rim?

Comment

• JV wasn't up to par with Horford and Millsap attacking him. He racked up stupid fouls off of bad screens and just didn't position himself well... He still needs a LOT of work defensively.

Comment

Just to clarify, nothing wrong with taking him out. Problem is not getting in his ear, telling him what he needs to do, and getting him back out there.

What raptor stopped horford tonight?
                          What raptor protected the rim?
                          Oh I know. Just more reason to be pissed off at the man calling the shots (like there isn't enough)

Comment

• Real problem is:

1. Raptors dont have a PG.
                            2. Gay took way too many unnecessary shots tonight. Dude was playing 1 on 5 in the first.
                            3. Defense was atrocious
                            4. They played 9 preseason games. Should be more than good enough to figure out your rotation. Casey tonight used 13 players. WTF was that all about?
                            5. Amir can't continue to shoot 3's.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Down the stretch, I would have played Jonas.

Many of the scores down the stretch of the game from Atlanta, came from the paint. Sub out Rudy, in with JV. The Hawks were throwing the ball into Horford and Millsap, and quite frankly, the team got fuckin' bullied.

I don't know, it was absolutely tough seeing Rudy not give a single shit on defense, and than blank out everyone else offensively. He was BRUTAL.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Guys, Atlanta has too much talent for us to handle. Perhaps if JV was more seasoned it would have been a more even match,but with all this perimeter one on one stuff we aren't going far this season.

Comment

Working...
                                X