Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Popular Actor Would You Like To See Stage A Comeback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Popular Actor Would You Like To See Stage A Comeback?

what popular actor that is relatively still young(not over 50) and relatively attractive that was very popular in the 80's/90's get on the a-list again?

My vote goes to Keanu Reeves

I can't live with the man who starred in such movies as

The Matrix franchise
    Point Break
    Speed
    Youngblood
    Dangerous Liasons
    Bill and Ted's franchise
    A Scanner Darkly

have his last well known films be "the lake house" and "the day the earth stood still". he's starring in some upcoming kung-fu movies that are likely to be duds and then he could be gone for good.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Keanu is slated to be in the bill and ted sequel

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
      Keanu is slated to be in the bill and ted sequel
      I thought you were yanking chains. But cot damn there really is going to be a B&T 3!!!! Wow. I don't even know what to say to that. Must be "tough" times for Keanu. What a f***king joke.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
        I thought you were yanking chains. But cot damn there really is going to be a B&T 3!!!! Wow. I don't even know what to say to that. Must be "tough" times for Keanu. What a f***king joke.
        heard that it was green lit yesterday... will try to find a source

Comment

Here you go.... there are more credible sources out there, but this one has Neo talking about it

http://www.geeksofdoom.com/2012/08/1...or-bill-ted-3/

Comment

Speaking of Neo...if Keanu wants to make a sequel, why not one for the Matrix? The first one was EPIC. #2 was good too. #3 was okay. Not really happy with the way it ended. But the way it ended I feel like there is a lot more story to tell.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
              Speaking of Neo...if Keanu wants to make a sequel, why not one for the Matrix? The first one was EPIC. #2 was good too. #3 was okay. Not really happy with the way it ended. But the way it ended I feel like there is a lot more story to tell.
              agreed... the matrix could potentially be much more massive than it was... that's a huge world ripe for more story telling

but it would also require the wachowskis to be on board.. and they seem too artsy to be involved with a long running franchise...

plus Larry is too busy being a chick..

http://www.salon.com/2012/07/31/lana...ing_out_party/

Comment

agreed... the matrix could potentially be much more massive than it was... that's a huge world ripe for more story telling

but it would also require the wachowskis to be on board.. and they seem too artsy to be involved with a long running franchise...

plus Larry is too busy being a chick..

http://www.salon.com/2012/07/31/lana...ing_out_party/
                Larry is a chick now huh? To each their own I guess.

As for their new project "Cloud Atlas", I actually just saw the trailer last night. That movie looks really really weird. I was left with a WTF? kind of moment after watching the trailer.

Add: Am I the only one who didn't think Speed Racer was that bad???

Comment

speed racer is awesome.... on weed

i'm really looking forward to cloud atlas... also, cosmopolis, cronenberg's new flick.... purely for the "on weed" element though

Comment

Melvin Gibsons, the "Anti-Jew Warrior"!!

Comment

I was going to say Mel, but he didn't fall into the OPs criteria, so I didn't... I need to start breaking some god damn rules!

Mel Gibson will ALWAYS be one of the all-time favourites.

Mel needs to do it differently than Arny and Sly (and even Bruce Willis. Although he looks awesome in the new G.I.Joe as Joe) are doing it though. Mel is better than they are.
                      Arny (the Last Stand) and Sly (Bullet to the Head) are playing up the "I'm too Old for This" shtick.
                      Liam Neeson beat them to the Punch (no pun intended) and is doing it 10X better than them.
                      They're cartoons now.

I'd rather Mel do it in a way that shows off his AMAZING and IMMENSE talent.
                      And I think its going to be as a Director.
                      Last edited by Joey; Fri Aug 17, 2012, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Corey Feldman.

conversation over.

Comment

Corey Feldman.
                          I'd say him and MaCaulay Culkin could duke it for Conversation Ender.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                            I'd rather Mel do it in a way that shows off his AMAZING and IMMENSE talent.
                            And I think its going to be as a Director.
                            I was just discussing it tonight with a few bud's, Apocolypto is on my Top % All-Time movies list. I freaking love that movie!

I didn't see where he said under 50, so if I have to change my answer I might say Emilio Estevez? lol "Quack Quack Quack Mr. Duckworth!" He played a mean Billy The Kid in the Young Guns movies as well. Kinda lame I know, but I can't really think of any others at the moment.

*edit: just googled him and it turns out he's 50. Damn I feel old...

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
                              I was just discussing it tonight with a few bud's, Apocolypto is on my Top % All-Time movies list. I freaking love that movie!

I didn't see where he said under 50, so if I have to change my answer I might say Emilio Estevez? lol "Quack Quack Quack Mr. Duckworth!" He played a mean Billy The Kid in the Young Guns movies as well. Kinda lame I know, but I can't really think of any others at the moment.

*edit: just googled him and it turns out he's 50. Damn I feel old...
                              Once you get over like 55. Unless your like one of the all-time greats. You tend to not have lead roles written for you.

Btw, I belive Corey Feldman's dead and Macally Caulkin looks it.

Apocalypto was good, Braveheart was one of his best performances as an actor and best as director.

I liked Apocalypto alot. But, He was supposed to play Martin Sheen's role in "The Departed", which I kind of wish he would have and put apocalypto on hold.

Btw, As great as departed was I couldn't believe the guys who turned down roles, reluctantly or not. Ray Liotta had to turn down wahlberg's role, reluctantly. Dudes career is in the toilet. Mel Gibson, Brad Pitt as well as some other known names.

Oh, heres another one to the list. Christian Slater

Actresses would be
                              Winona Rider
                              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Working...
                              X