Demar in the skills challenge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KeonClark wrote: View Post
    I'm sorry I love derozan but in this event he's gonna be like a pinto on the autobahn. This will end one of two ways: bad or embarassingly so.
    Disagree. Have a little a faith in the guy.

Comment

Watch Lillard from last year. The layup, dribbling, and long 2 will be easy enough for Demar. The passing through the hoop, especially the bounce pass, will be tough. That's usually where the non-PGs get stuck. If he can get those quick he'll be just fine.

Comment

Scraptor wrote: View Post
        Watch Lillard from last year. The layup, dribbling, and long 2 will be easy enough for Demar. The passing through the hoop, especially the bounce pass, will be tough. That's usually where the non-PGs get stuck. If he can get those quick he'll be just fine.
        We don't even know if its the same format. They've added teams.

Comment

Apparently George hill and lance stephonson both declined to participate...

Comment

The skills comp. is lame and boring, at least compared to the dunk and 3pt contests. I doubt any NBA player is salivating thinking about doing this. Demar didn't want to participate and I can't blame him. It really doesn't matter how it goes, cause who really gives a rats ass, just try and have some fun with it DeRo!!

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
              The skills comp. is lame and boring, at least compared to the dunk and 3pt contests. I doubt any NBA player is salivating thinking about doing this. Demar didn't want to participate and I can't blame him. It really doesn't matter how it goes, cause who really gives a rats ass, just try and have some fun with it DeRo!!
              I like the skills comp. The dunk is just a popularity contest these days. The 3Pt shooting is good still but the skills comp shows off players who are more than just fan favs. I'd like to see them expand it more.
              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Axel wrote: View Post
                I like the skills comp. The dunk is just a popularity contest these days. The 3Pt shooting is good still but the skills comp shows off players who are more than just fan favs. I'd like to see them expand it more.
                Honestly, I don't even like all-star weekend anymore. It has lost it's novelty for me, and I look at the skills comp as being the dirt and poverty of the whole fiasco. I can remember in years past just waiting for the dunks to start, and then there would be a string of commercials, and then some commentary, and then another string of commercials and so on and so forth. It takes 3 hours to complete 45 minutes of competitions. I've lost interest really, and the dunk comp has really gone to the dogs. Anyone remember the Birdman competing? Took him like 10+ tries to complete a dunk, it was pathetic and it hasn't gotten much better IMO. Anyways, that's just my sour look on it...I'll catch the highlights, but I would much prefer if regular games were on instead.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                  Honestly, I don't even like all-star weekend anymore. It has lost it's novelty for me, and I look at the skills comp as being the dirt and poverty of the whole fiasco. I can remember in years past just waiting for the dunks to start, and then there would be a string of commercials, and then some commentary, and then another string of commercials and so on and so forth. It takes 3 hours to complete 45 minutes of competitions. I've lost interest really, and the dunk comp has really gone to the dogs. Anyone remember the Birdman competing? Took him like 10+ tries to complete a dunk, it was pathetic and it hasn't gotten much better IMO. Anyways, that's just my sour look on it...I'll catch the highlights, but I would much prefer if regular games were on instead.
                  Oh, I completely agree about the dunk contest. It's honestly not even worth watching live anymore. PVR and fast forward through the crap is the only way I watch it.

The skills comp gets treated like the "dirt and poverty" as you put it (honestly say I've never heard that expression), but that's not because of the value of the event but more the perceived value to the average viewer. If there's anything that has been proven in life, it's that the "average viewer" is dumb. True fans get pushed aside as all leagues go for quantity over quality.

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

DeRozan is a curious choice considering past participants. But let's be honest, it's not like the competition really requires a ton of skill. Guys lazily jog half-assed, palm the ball while dribbling around the pylons, and stop the clock with a casual layup. Nobody here thinks DeRozan can win this thing, but I doubt he'll embarrass himself.

The biggest hiccup would be the passing through the barrels. But that could stymie anyone.

Comment

Damian Lillard, Michael Carter-Williams, Goran Dragic, Victor Oladipo, Trey Burke, DeMar DeRozan, Reggie Jackson, Giannis Antetokounmpo

DD and Po just seem like really odd choices, and under the new format (4 teams of 2), of course they get teamed up together. (Perhaps this is all Masai's master plan to recruit Po to the Raps!)

Also, we should be more politically correct, it's not the skills challenge, it's the Taco Bell Skills Challenge.

Comment

Working...
                      X