Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT: Do you want Bosh to win the championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, for the quintuple post here as I'm mobile, but, personally I couldn't give less of a fuck if they win a championship.

Am I supposed to get some sort of fufillment out of it?

They still make like 19 more million dollars than I do. not to mention all the other endorsement deals and previous contracts money they have.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      Sorry, for the quintuple post here as I'm mobile, but, personally I couldn't give less of a fuck if they win a championship.

Am I supposed to get some sort of fufillment out of it?

They still make like 19 more million dollars than I do. not to mention all the other endorsement deals and previous contracts money they have.
      our fulfillment comes when bosh cries tears of sadness instead of tears of joy. also with a bit of luck miami realizes wade is the weak link and tries to trade him in the offseason and these three colluders might even make the news in spectacular unfriending fashion.

i agree with the okc should still be in seattle argument but i don't cheer for owners and am pretty sure we are only reading about this now to try and make lebron look good. the league wants him to win because then the bandwagoners are back on the wagon with all of their money. right now in the espn first cup and bullets section are a lot of why lebron isn't so bad and why we should appreciate him articles as the vultures prepare to pretend they were with him the whole way.

if teams can't behind the scenes discuss paying players less to keep salaries down then players who are under contract with teams should not be allowed to discuss playing together on other teams. and right now it is happening all over in this league with players like jennings whose rookie deal isn't even over talking in the open about wanting a big market city.

Comment

montreal06 wrote: View Post
        Of all the all-stars that have left the Raptors such as Carter, McGrady, etc., it seems that Bosh is the least hated. He gets boos in the ACC.

Apart from the depart, would you be happy if Bosh got a ring?

Thoughts?
        F..k him.
        No as much for him (little bitch) & even more because of James (another self-centered arse).

Comment

I'm sure that I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely want to see Bosh get a ring.

Then again I'm one of those rare fans that care more about what a player does on the court for his team than how he conducts himself off the court.

Personally I can't stand the way we scrutinize and criticize players these days for their behaviour when they're not playing. I find it incredible that people fail to realize that NBA players (and pro athletes in general) have been acting like this for decades; we simply didn't know about it because they didn't have cameras in their faces 24/7 and didn't have twitter to broadcast their idiocy. Why in the hell should you care about a basketball player's personality or his decisions or demeanour or conduct when he's not playing? Do you not understand that some of the most beloved players the game has ever seen are complete assholes? The competitive spirit and extreme self-confidence that allows them to perform at the highest level and push past their failures to continue achieving is a double edge sword. We laud players for being accessible and open and being themselves while connecting with fans, then we kill them for not being who we want them to be. It's fucking ridiculous, and more than a little childish. These are human beings, and being awed by their actions on the court does not excuse your ignoring their humanity off of it. Guys like Iverson and Barkley had it right: these people are not role models, they're entertainers.

I will forever like and respect Chris Bosh as a player. Bosh deserves far more credit than he will ever receive from Toronto fans for playing his heart out for years while management made shitty decisions and surrounded him with shitty players. Was he ever really a franchise player? Obviously not, but he was saddled with that role after Vince left, it wasn't his choice, and he came as close as you could expect of a slender 4 with a finesse game to living up to those expectations. Before you judge the guy, remember that you fans that kill him now were the ones expecting him to be something he wasn't, heaping praise on him as he racked up 20-10 games and gave you something to get excited about. All along tried to do whatever was asked of him, including putting on weight to play 'bigger' and suffering injuries that have sapped his athleticism as a result, when all management had to do was put a real 5 alongside him. I cannot for a second blame him for leaving the mess that had been built around him. If you were Bosh, would you have wanted to play alongside Bargs? Would you have wanted to chase second round exits at best for the next 5 years upon resigning?

Personally I think this thread serves as a perfect indictment of professional sports fandom.

Comment

I don't want anyone other than the players on the Raptors now, or on OKC now to win a ring.
            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post
              I'm sure that I'm in the minority here, but I absolutely want to see Bosh get a ring.

Then again I'm one of those rare fans that care more about what a player does on the court for his team than how he conducts himself off the court.

Personally I can't stand the way we scrutinize and criticize players these days for their behaviour when they're not playing. I find it incredible that people fail to realize that NBA players (and pro athletes in general) have been acting like this for decades; we simply didn't know about it because they didn't have cameras in their faces 24/7 and didn't have twitter to broadcast their idiocy. Why in the hell should you care about a basketball player's personality or his decisions or demeanour or conduct when he's not playing? Do you not understand that some of the most beloved players the game has ever seen are complete assholes? The competitive spirit and extreme self-confidence that allows them to perform at the highest level and push past their failures to continue achieving is a double edge sword. We laud players for being accessible and open and being themselves while connecting with fans, then we kill them for not being who we want them to be. It's fucking ridiculous, and more than a little childish. These are human beings, and being awed by their actions on the court does not excuse your ignoring their humanity off of it. Guys like Iverson and Barkley had it right: these people are not role models, they're entertainers.

I will forever like and respect Chris Bosh as a player. Bosh deserves far more credit than he will ever receive from Toronto fans for playing his heart out for years while management made shitty decisions and surrounded him with shitty players. Was he ever really a franchise player? Obviously not, but he was saddled with that role after Vince left, it wasn't his choice, and he came as close as you could expect of a slender 4 with a finesse game to living up to those expectations. Before you judge the guy, remember that you fans that kill him now were the ones expecting him to be something he wasn't, heaping praise on him as he racked up 20-10 games and gave you something to get excited about. All along tried to do whatever was asked of him, including putting on weight to play 'bigger' and suffering injuries that have sapped his athleticism as a result, when all management had to do was put a real 5 alongside him. I cannot for a second blame him for leaving the mess that had been built around him. If you were Bosh, would you have wanted to play alongside Bargs? Would you have wanted to chase second round exits at best for the next 5 years upon resigning?

Personally I think this thread serves as a perfect indictment of professional sports fandom.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rae_Carruth

hell of a player though eh

Comment

yes! lets go HEAT! I hate the western conference

Comment

Lark Benson wrote: View Post

I think his decision on how he left the Raptors organization is technically not an off-court issue. His decision and the way he went about it ultimately affected the Raptor's on-court performance, obviously, from 40 wins to 22. Mind you im not blaming him entirely, i also blame BC, but if you were the GM would you really trade your franchise player just because youre thinking that he's not going to re-sign, when in fact he has not given you any indication that he wont? Carmelo was never vocal in the media that he wanted out of Denver, but Denver was able to get players for him that benefited them, because Carmelo told them that he will not sign an extension. Dwight is doing the same thing, but Orlando is just refusing to accept it.

I think we should give the fans credit too, it wasnt like we bashed Bosh when he was playing his heart out here in Toronto. We supported him each step of the way. We defended him when Shaq called him RuPaul, or when Barkley said that he's far from being a franchise player. When Bosh was doing good things here, we did good things for him. But when he decided to leave, and given the way he did leave, why would you still want to support him when he's clearly not doing anything for you anymore?

Playing him alongside Bargnani was not the issue, true that management didnt do good in putting players around him, but did you ever considered the fact that maybe him being the central figure was the issue? I do. He is not a franchise player, so surrounding him with a supporting cast was pointless.

IMO, he wanted to have the best of both worlds. If he didnt think that Lebron was going to be onboard with him and Wade, he probably was going to stay in Toronto as the top guy. So he was waiting for Lebron to decide, before he did. I could be wrong, but in hindsight, it looks like this is what he had planned.
                  Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Jun 15, 2012, 12:43 PM.

Comment

a la Dan Gilbert, I'm ok for Bosh to win a ring....after the raptors do. As for a being a hypocrite if the big three assembled in toronto? Winning would trump everything, but I would understand why the rest of the league would hate us.

Comment

Let me just say that if I was being recruited by headhunters, and several companies wanted me, I would not tell my boss about it until I knew I was absolutely going somewhere. That is probably the minimal thing you could do for your boss. The more honorable thing would be to tell him outright that you're probably going to leave.

Chris Bosh didn't even do the minimum, so there's nothing good about Bosh leaving.

Still, he and Vince Carter are two of the all-time best Raptors. I wish them the best and I hope Bosh can win a championship someday. Just not while he's a teammate of Lebron James.

ie:
                      Hatred of Lebron James >> Appreciation of Chris Bosh
                      your pal,
                      ebrian

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                        a la Dan Gilbert, I'm ok for Bosh to win a ring....after the raptors do. As for a being a hypocrite if the big three assembled in toronto? Winning would trump everything, but I would understand why the rest of the league would hate us.
                        call me a hypocrite but id despise toronto the same way i despise the heat now.

of course it would be different if that happened on my rec league, where 3 of the best tournament players came to my team, but watching a professional team do that, im not a big fan of.

i have relatives in miami, my uncle and 3 guy cousins all are NBA addicts. only my uncle actually cheers for the Heat.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                          call me a hypocrite but id despise toronto the same way i despise the heat now.

of course it would be different if that happened on my rec league, where 3 of the best tournament players came to my team, but watching a professional team do that, im not a big fan of.

i have relatives in miami, my uncle and 3 guy cousins all are NBA addicts. only my uncle actually cheers for the Heat.
                          Yeah, it's counter to tradition. I think there's far more honor in winning it on your own team than chasing titles elsewhere. You'd have never seen Michael Jordan or Larry Bird or Magic Johnson go team up with another Superstar. No way, no how.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
                            Let me just say that if I was being recruited by headhunters, and several companies wanted me, I would not tell my boss about it until I knew I was absolutely going somewhere. That is probably the minimal thing you could do for your boss. The more honorable thing would be to tell him outright that you're probably going to leave.

Chris Bosh didn't even do the minimum, so there's nothing good about Bosh leaving.

Still, he and Vince Carter are two of the all-time best Raptors. I wish them the best and I hope Bosh can win a championship someday. Just not while he's a teammate of Lebron James.

ie:
                            Ive actually heard of this comparison before, the only problem is, you, look for jobs and probably even feel privileged to even have a job, with Bosh, no matter what, he will have a job, and a 16mil dollar job at that. You accepting or declining the job doesnt have an outright effect on the 300 or even 30 employees that youre going to leave behind. the company is not going to fail without you, well, unless youre Bill Gates. The way Bosh left, it left a team crippled. Im not saying because he's THAT good, but because the team didnt have a chance to do the necessary things to compensate the loss, given the time frame and resources.

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post

ie:
                              I fully agree about the LBJ > Bosh part at the end.

I also feel the same about Carter and Bosh, which is also how I felt about Mighty Mouse. They were the face of the franchise and heart & soul of the team and its fans. I don't care that they left; players move on, especially in this day and age of free agency. For all three, it was about the manner in which they left, which left a permanent stain on my memory of them as players and people - quitting on the team/franchise/city/fanbase that made them who they are, with a complete lack of character.

When I chose to leave the first company I worked for after university, after six years of success, advancement and promotions, I was faced with two opportunities from headhunters; I knew I would choose one of them over any offer that my current employer made. I wrote an honest, heart-felt letter of resignation and delivered copies to my manager and the company President, thanking them for giving me the opportunity right out of school to establish myself and get my career kickstarted. I was honest about what a hard decision it was to leave the company and my colleagues - some of whom I am still friends with - but was one that I knew was in the best interst for my own long-term future goals. The President came to me and said he would match and beat any offer, but realized that I needed a new challenge, wished me luck and told me it was the best, most sincere and appreciative letter of resignation he had seen in his 35+ years in the Toronto business world. To me, it's all about character and integrity.

Mighty Mouse, Vinsanity and CB4 all could have left Toronto with their reputation and legend fully intact, maintaining a warm spot in the hearts of all Raptors fans forever. But, they didn't care enough about the fans to leave in that fashion. They only cared about themselves and their true character shone through with the actions they chose willingly to take on their way out of town. Any ill will towards them was brought on by their own actions.

Comment

Isn't it amazing though how the tone changes from one season to another?

Two and a half men. The Dynamic DUO. The two headed dragon/

Now, it's...

We can't win without Bosh. The Heat are going to have trouble getting past the Celtics..

Not a big fan of the heat, but hell, this change in tone from season to season is really annoying.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X