Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disgruntled Fans 2012: Extended stinkfest? (#296)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
    you're new. if you were here during the original forming of the "Everything Bargnani" thread, you'd understand...

the mods do an awesome job at centralizing common whining.
    I approve this message

Comment

• NoBan wrote: View Post
      So stupid how every single perceived negative thread gets merged into here. Separate discussion about the capability of the GM, the trust in ownership, and the quality of the team all get dumped in here. I still cant see any movitivion behind it other than the mods just like to merge threads to reinforce to themselves that they are in fact moderators.
      Yes, you are correct. Moderators should never merge threads even when some angry poster goes a rant and starts on a new thread on some issue or other which is already discussed two threads down.

/sarcasm=off

Bringing a tiny element - if it's not just the usual hyperbolic rant - does not warrant a new thread.

Comment

So stupid how every single perceived negative thread gets merged into here. Separate discussion about the capability of the GM, the trust in ownership, and the quality of the team all get dumped in here. I still cant see any movitivion behind it other than the mods just like to merge threads to reinforce to themselves that they are in fact moderators.
        Because you bitch about the same shit all the time, it gets annoying so it gets dumped here.

Comment

• NoBan: Separate discussion gets merging inappropriately. Talk about the ownership, GM and players are separate discussions
          NoPropsNeeded: You complain about the same issues.

Maybe I'm bias here, but that's just completely disregarding my point without providing anything in response.

Comment

• Lol I complain about the same issues? Give me some proof. That's probably why this thread is mostly full of your posts not mine right ?

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
              Lol I complain about the same issues? Give me some proof. That's probably why this thread is mostly full of your posts not mine right ?
              You've mis-read the post.

Comment

• He meant that you said "you complain about the same issues". I was gonna point it out but I wasn't entirely sure

Comment

You've mis-read the post.
                  ya sorry but its true that you complain about the same issues

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                    Well you neglected to mention their leading scorer (Martin) and the man who took Lowry's starting job (Dragic), never mind some of the other solid role players they have. Regardless, I don't know how you can say the Rockets had less talent than the Raps last year and still won 11 more games in a tougher conference. Is Kevin McHale the greatest coach in the game right now or something?
                    Yes, Dragic took over the starting spot with less games left in the season anyway with 28 games as a starter. Kevin Martin didn't take over games did he? Was he the talent that could win you a game? Of course he was a leading scorer, but that's what he's been known to do, purely get you buckets. He's no star.

I do agree I over-exaggerated the fact that the Rockets have less talent than the Raptors, being they were 9th in a tough conference, but without Lowry on that team in the beginning of the season, I just don't see the same success they would've had.

Lowry is a top-10 point guard, and he is an upgrade towards Jose at the position. If he really IS our best player, I'm not to worried because he can play and compete individually with the best. With our additions of talent in Ross, Fields, Valanciunas + Lowry, I automatically can say we will be a better team than Houston was this past season.

My original argument was I stated something that I've read, that Lowry 'POSSIBLY' is our best player, and that with him as our best player isn't something we should worry about. The guy can play, and he's most definitely a player who can be an all-star in this league.
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                      ya sorry but its true that you complain about the same issues
                      more than 1 issue, more than 1 thread.

Comment

more than 1 issue, more than 1 thread.
                        No
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                          No
                          cool story, bro

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                            Yes, Dragic took over the starting spot with less games left in the season anyway with 28 games as a starter. Kevin Martin didn't take over games did he? Was he the talent that could win you a game? Of course he was a leading scorer, but that's what he's been known to do, purely get you buckets. He's no star.

I do agree I over-exaggerated the fact that the Rockets have less talent than the Raptors, being they were 9th in a tough conference, but without Lowry on that team in the beginning of the season, I just don't see the same success they would've had.

Lowry is a top-10 point guard, and he is an upgrade towards Jose at the position. If he really IS our best player, I'm not to worried because he can play and compete individually with the best. With our additions of talent in Ross, Fields, Valanciunas + Lowry, I automatically can say we will be a better team than Houston was this past season.

My original argument was I stated something that I've read, that Lowry 'POSSIBLY' is our best player, and that with him as our best player isn't something we should worry about. The guy can play, and he's most definitely a player who can be an all-star in this league.
                            What? I've already told you I like Lowry, I support the trade, and I think that he could very easily be our best player next year.

My original argument is that if Lowry is your best player then you're not a very good team (i.e: the rockets last year)

Comment

cool story, bro
                              just testing a theory
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Fully wrote: View Post
                                What? I've already told you I like Lowry, I support the trade, and I think that he could very easily be our best player next year.

My original argument is that if Lowry is your best player then you're not a very good team (i.e: the rockets last year)
                                Oh man, here we go again... :P

You have your opinion, I have mine, I guess we agree to disagree than. Your opinion is we aren't going to be a good team with Lowry our best player, mine was we CAN be a good team with Lowry as our best player.
                                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
                                X