No announcement yet.

Game #43: Los Angeles Clippers 126 - Toronto Raptors 118

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It sucks that big pussy hedo testiglue injured Derozan. Fuck that guy!
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT2rYeqObE4#t=34

Greatest Sequence of the season

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
        Theres a difference between maintaining a streak of 20 ppg games and just exploding every once in a while for 20+ like T-Ross. DeMar is doing it with the attention of the opposing teams squarely focused on him.

So disrespectful. Big ups to Ross but don't knock DeMar like that. Probably never will reach 50, but hes becoming more of a all round player than Ross will ever Be.
        Ross dropped 36 points in three quarters after the D focused on him. One game. Lack of consistency yes. But the fact that he could get around whoever he wanted and jump over anyone and get himself any shot says a lot.

Ross is already a better shooter, defender, and PnR operator than DD. I wouldn't call that "less rounded", in fact quite the opposite.

4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UT2rYeqObE4#t=34

Greatest Sequence of the season
        Ross does seem to have a knack for timely plays, especially on the defensive end...

Comment

• OG is our king

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post

So disrespectful. Big ups to Ross but don't knock DeMar like that. Probably never will reach 50, but hes becoming more of a all round player than Ross will ever Be.
            Nah.

Anyway, great game. So unfortunate they lost but the atmosphere was incredible.

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
              Ross dropped 36 points in three quarters after the D focused on him. One game. Lack of consistency yes. But the fact that he could get around whoever he wanted and jump over anyone and get himself any shot says a lot.
              That's not true at all. Although Ross was incredible tonight the majority of his points came when the defense was not worried about him. In the 4th they went to hard 1-on-1 D on him, shadowing him everywhere with Green and Barnes and that's when he stopped scoring. If you look at the 4th quarter from the 7 minute down to the end where he made the freebies he was held to almost no points (at most he might've made one or two baskets, but I'm just thinking back, not looking at stats).

At that point having Derozan in as well would have been huge, as derozan is (right now) a better one-on-one offensive player, where as Ross is more of a "get to the right spot and drain every open shot" type of player.

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
                That's not true at all. Although Ross was incredible tonight the majority of his points came when the defense was not worried about him. In the 4th they went to hard 1-on-1 D on him, shadowing him everywhere with Green and Barnes and that's when he stopped scoring. If you look at the 4th quarter from the 7 minute down to the end where he made the freebies he was held to almost no points (at most he might've made one or two baskets, but I'm just thinking back, not looking at stats).

At that point having Derozan in as well would have been huge, as derozan is (right now) a better one-on-one offensive player, where as Ross is more of a "get to the right spot and drain every open shot" type of player.
                Exactly what i've been trying to say. Ross had terrific looks all night because the Clippers didn't really start worrying about him until the 4th.

I know someone said DeMar will never get 51 points efficiently, but...

Didn't he have 40 points on 22 shots vs. Dallas?

I sure hope DeMar is back for Monday, him with a confident and now looking-to-breakout T-Ross is going to be awesome.

I know everyone is talking about how Lowry and DeRozan are all-stars, & JV is the future of the team, but....

T-Ross might actually be the star, I mean, who knows. He's got the complete package offensively, he's arguably the best Raptor defender, not to mention he's only in his second year. I'm probably going to get some hate, but what I see in Ross, is similar to that of Paul George. Athletic, long, shooters, finishers, defend. Man, whatever negative I said about Ross, i tale back. He's proving this season that he was the right selection at number 8.
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
                  while all the derozan apologists flap their gums about how much work derozan does in the summer, and gush about his work ethic, t ross goes and drops an efficient fifty, something derozan will never do even once. It's called talent people.
                  its called he hit a ridiculous amount of 3pt shots in one game that he will never hit again and half of them were probably partially cause demar was on the floor... im not even a demar supporter but cant help but laugh at bandwagoners

Comment

• ross has been playing within himself up to this point.. a game like this actually worries me that he will detract to his rookie season... but then again hopefully he beast modes like this every fuckin day

Comment

• After tonight's performance by Ross. If he's not in the Rookie/Sophomore game or whatever they call it now. Then something is really wrong.
                      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                        After tonight's performance by Ross. If he's not in the Rookie/Sophomore game or whatever they call it now. Then something is really wrong.
                        He's definitely gonna get in loool what other rookie or sophomore has dropped 51???

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                          He's definitely gonna get in loool what other rookie or sophomore has dropped 51???
                          Brandon Jennings had 55 as a rookie in 2009-10

Comment

• im shocked at how many anti tankers are so excited about a loss and simultaneously think ross is suddenly a star... good lord, get a grip

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
                              while all the derozan apologists flap their gums about how much work derozan does in the summer, and gush about his work ethic, t ross goes and drops an efficient fifty, something derozan will never do even once. It's called talent people.
                              As Confucius said, "Being a dick does not make you cool; being a dick makes you a dick."

I'm a fan of this team. I don't need to tear down one of our players to prop up another. I can appreciate Derozan for his work ethic and gradual improvement while also appreciating Ross's historic night. I can appreciate Demar being able to draw fouls and his improved playmaking while also appreciating Ross's ability to hit the three.

Maybe before you go calling out everyone else as if you've won some kind of fictional argument, you should remember that Charlie V scored an efficient 48 points on 32 shots and was never heard from again.

I am ecstatic with Ross's game tonight but one game is literally the smallest possible sample size.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                                im shocked at how many anti tankers are so excited about a loss and simultaneously think ross is suddenly a star... good lord, get a grip
                                You seem rather grumpy. Dunno who is excited about a loss. I thought the game was extremely entertaining, played infront of an electric atmosphere which doesn't always happen at that arena and one of my favourite players equaled a franchise record. (for the record, I don't think he is a star, but am confident he will be, and was long before this game ). It was a fun night, but the loss definitely leaves a bitter taste though!

Comment

Working...
                                X