Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ESPN Insider: Vasquez one and done in toronto?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiggins wrote: View Post
    career
    shooting%/ft%/apg
    42.6% / 78.7% / 5.5
    41.8% / 81.9% / 5.2

I love that the 5 people that think Lowry is classes above Vasquez are the only ones to post.
    I also love how they twist my words in order to troll.

I never said that i thought Vasquez was better or worse.
    I said they're in the same range (marginal starter/good backup) and one's getting paid way more than the other.

Either way i lol hard at how much these wannabe trolls overvalue a below average starting pg. LOL
    Stats don't mean everything! Do you not watch raptor games? Whenever Vasquez checks in the flow of the offense is gone our momentum is gone and he makes a lot of mistakes! Vasquez fails miserably at the eye test!
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

Vasquez is doing fine.

He's been part of the equation that has solidified the depth chart. He single-handedly got us the W against the Bulls on New Years with his 4thQ performance. So what if our back-up PG isn't putting up ridiculous team-leading stats, I don't think back-ups are ever expected to do that sort of thing...sorry for your fantasy teams?

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
        Vasquez is doing fine.

He's been part of the equation that has solidified the depth chart. He single-handedly got us the W against the Bulls on New Years with his 4thQ performance. So what if our back-up PG isn't putting up ridiculous team-leading stats, I don't think back-ups are ever expected to do that sort of thing...sorry for your fantasy teams?
        Even though his playing bad. His still an upgrade over Stone. Stone should actually pay attention. Vasquez is his ceiling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

U and dc pay lowry 12m/yr to dish 2 assists/game then
          Lowry is 9th in the league in assist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I like Vasquez, but Wiggins was arguing that we should ditch Lowry for him. Of course he is a solid backup. But that's what he is -- a backup.

Comment

Edgar wrote: View Post
              Vasquez isn't as bad as you guys make him out to be - He's a backup quality point guard that is strong in passing and attacking the basket off the pick and roll with floaters or passing, is an average rebounder and shooter (great floater though) but he's challenged defensively and can be turnover prone sometimes. He also like Lowry needs to be in a situation where he's on a leash long enough to work confortably in the offence, but short enough to clean up turnovers and forced possessions.

FYI his Qualifier is for 3.2 M next year.
              blackjitsu wrote: View Post
              I like Vasquez, but Wiggins was arguing that we should ditch Lowry for him. Of course he is a solid backup. But that's what he is -- a backup.

I agree with the above Lowry>Vasquez, both in raw stats and the eye test... that doesn't mean that Vasquez isn't a capable backup point guard. He isn't playing great at the moment but there is plenty of time for him to turn his season around. I'm undecided at this point whether I would want him resigned at the end of the year. My instinct is that hopefully Buycks and Stone develop and they can be effective as or 2nd & 3rd PGs.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Fact is Vasquez hasn't been given a fair shake yet ... Lowry's had more than enough time a has part of one good year to show for it. All i said is Lowry is not worth 2 or 3 times Vasquez. If you think Lowry is some allstar guard in the nba then rofl. He's a marginal starting pg but great backup. I don't like the idea of paying a backup guard starter money. Vasquez doesn't make starter money. Get it straight before start posting some crap about what i said.

Comment

Fact is Vasquez hasn't been given a fair shake yet ... Lowry's had more than enough time a has part of one good year to show for it. All i said is Lowry is not worth 2 or 3 times Vasquez. If you think Lowry is some allstar guard in the nba then rofl. He's a marginal starting pg but great backup. I don't like the idea of paying a backup guard starter money. Vasquez doesn't make starter money. Get it straight before start posting some crap about what i said.
                  Wow. I try to avoid accusing someone of trolling, but you are calling Lowry a backup on the day that he is put on NBA.com's MVP Ladder. So I guess the whole league is wrong? This is amazing.

These guys are professionals, if Vasquez wants the chance to prove he is worth more he needs to thrive in the time he is given. No one feels sorry for him. Right now he is not proving that he deserves the chance to prove us wrong.

Comment

You dont have to troll Lowry to make a point about Vasquez. The question is, is Vasquez good enough. And all you have come up with is comparing him to Lowry, and calling Lowry a backup, and dismissing the idea that Lowry very well COULD end up being an All-Star this year with a 'rofl'.

Great Troll, Lots Fun, Very Rofl. 10/10
                    The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Omg ... I love that you trolls twist everything. He's playing the best of his career recently but the only reason he's even in the conversation for allstar this year is because so many guards are or have been injured. Sorry, that's a fact and even then he's a longshot to be an allstar. As far as being a starter there are possibly a handful of teams that would trade their starter for Lowry. A lot might not even trade their backup for him. Vasquez is right there as a decent backup guard so they're in the same group. A couple of weeks of decent play doesn't change that.

Comment

Before you trolls jump on that "a lot might not trade their backup" it should be "a couple"

Comment

Go away Wiggins. (Never thought I would say that)
                          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Much troll
                            Such BS
                            Wow

Comment

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                              Much troll
                              Such BS
                              Wow

LWOWry
                              Such marginality
                              Many overpay

Comment

From Zach Lowe, who named Lowry an Eastern Conference All-Star Starter:

Lowry has been the team’s best player — and probably the best all-around point guard in the Eastern Conference this season. He’s taken flight offensively since the Rudy Gay deal, and he’s found a way to reconcile his havoc-creating gambles on defense with Dwane Casey’s larger scheme.
                                You can find me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X