Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Amir has the most positive impact on the team of any regular rotation player on the Raptors. He's probably never going to be an All-Star because he doesn't really do much that is spectacular, but the simple fact is that the team plays better when he's on the court, and worse when he is off it. In the end, that's all that matters.
    Sure, I guess. If I buy into the value of that statistic then I guess I don't believe Demar or Davis are very valuable to this team... I think Amir is a good player, don't get me wrong. I don't have a post I wrote last year to reference, sorry...

Comment

• coastal wrote: View Post
      Sure, I guess. If I buy into the value of that statistic then I guess I don't believe Demar or Davis are very valuable to this team... I think Amir is a good player, don't get me wrong. I don't have a post I wrote last year to reference, sorry...
      This year so far, DeRozan and Davis HAVEN'T had an overall positive effect on the team, while on the court. Davis has played barely a month and DeRozan is in his second year. That's to be expected. I expect that to slowly change, especially with Davis, who obviously knows how to play winning basketball. If it doesn't change over the season or two, then I'll be the first one to call for them to be shipped out.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Amir is a better defensive player, a better rebounder, a much more efficient offensive player, and gives a much more consistent effort. Plus, he has a more positive effect on the team when he is on the court.
        Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Amir has the most positive impact on the team of any regular rotation player on the Raptors

So is Amir is Rotational Player or a great starter !!!! Lets face it, in a team with the likes of Weems, D-League Player and a Rookie, it is not too hard to be one of the most effective rotation player on the team.

As far as most positive impact, I think that belongs to Barbosa and not Amir.

Now, Amir is a better defender than AB and a better rebounder but AB is much better passer, much better offensive player.
        As I said, I am willing to bet with you that 95% of the GM in this league will rather have AB in their team than Amir.

Amir is Glorified Garabge man, a third player off the bench in a good team and there are dime a dozen player like him in NBA.
        On the other hand, AB is a 7 footer with great shot, vision and foot work that only few in this league can match.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
          Amir is Glorified Garabge man, a third player off the bench in a good team and there are dime a dozen player like him in NBA. On the other hand, AB is a 7 footer with great shot, vision and foot work that only few in this league can match.
          Wow, I'm not judging you personally. I respect you views in defense of Bargs. If you like him, fine. I don't. Let's agree to disagree. However, your statement above simply doesn't make sense about Amir man. A dime a dozen? Like who, Gooden, Varejao. Who? If you base your decision on unique abilities then you are correct - Bargs is a unique "non-rebounding, 18-footer shooting, can't rebound, box out or provide any defense, 7-foot scoring machine". Congrats, you have outlined his uniqueness -- and one of the many reasons for much of the demise of this franchise.
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

So is Amir is Rotational Player or a great starter !!!! Lets face it, in a team with the likes of Weems, D-League Player and a Rookie, it is not too hard to be one of the most effective rotation player on the team.

As far as most positive impact, I think that belongs to Barbosa and not Amir.

Now, Amir is a better defender than AB and a better rebounder but AB is much better passer, much better offensive player.
            As I said, I am willing to bet with you that 95% of the GM in this league will rather have AB in their team than Amir.

Amir is Glorified Garabge man, a third player off the bench in a good team and there are dime a dozen player like him in NBA.
            On the other hand, AB is a 7 footer with great shot, vision and foot work that only few in this league can match.
            A rotational player is someone who is in the regular rotation of who plays. That can be a starter or a bench player.

And Amir is more effective than DeRozan, Bargnani, Evans and even Calderon (who is second).

And being good on offense simply isn't being able to score. Bargnani is a better scorer, but Amir has an incredibly positive effect on the offense because he shoots a high percentage, moves well without the ball, gets to the line at a high rate and shoots a high percentage when he gets there. Plus, he's an excellent offensive rebounder so that has a HUGE impact on the offense.

Amir has a higher offensive rating than Bargnani, which tells you something.

And as for Bargnani being such a better passer, they actually rack up about the same assists per minute, so that isn't quite true.

Basketball requires a player to play both ends. Whatever advantage Bargnani has over Amir on the offensive end (and even that's debatable), he completely loses it when you take into consideration the other end of the floor.

Guys like Amir often end up on Championship teams. He's not an All-Star, but he's exactly the type of player that helps teams win.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I hope that BC is going to keep him for this year to run up a high PPG for the season. Then trade him to some sucker GM for either a mid to early 1st round pick or a young stud.

I don't see Bargnani as a part of the rebuild; he's too awkward to fit into a tight, aggressive unit.

Comment

Amir has the most positive impact on the team of any regular rotation player on the Raptors
                5 personal foul by start of the 4th quarter. Spanked by Love in the first 3 quarter. Amir was so effective.

Does anyone know how many games we had Amir in Foul troubles this season

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post

Oh yes, Amir is a good defensive player. 2 fouls in the 1st qtr. Perkins is a good defensive player but i dont seem him getting quick fouls.

LOOOOL, Good Point.

Amir the defensive Monster had 5 fouls tonight before the start of the 4th quarter. How many game is it this season that Amir has to watch the games from the bench ?? Man, this is what I call an effective Player with " Positive Impact" on the team.

We need to trade AB because the future belongs to Amir and DD and Bayless . By the way, how did DD did tonight ?

Comment

We need to trade AB because the future belongs to Amir and DD and Bayless . By the way, how did DD did tonight ?
                    The future belongs to none of these guys. I'd have no problem going ahead with them as our young supporting cast, but they need to be lead by an allstar or two to get the best out of their talents. That was supposed to be Bargnani according to all you delusional nuthuggers but we've seen how that turned out.

Comment

• Wow, I was close, but now I'm a convert. Andrea has to go. The sooner the better.

Comment

• So which one should go, Jay or Mago?

Let me preface this by saying I'm not a Jay basher. I think he's a decent enough coach. But when your best player (or, at least, the person who's SUPPOSED to be your best player) either can't or isn't willing to play anything but the most rudimentary on-the-ball defence, then one of two things has to happen: a) you figure the current coach has had his chance to get this guy to play dee and has failed, so you ship out the coach, betting that another coach will be able to turn Bargnani into a serviceable defender and henc something approaching a complete player and a keeper; or b) you figure that the player is hopeless, and seek to ship him out. In the latter case, you do it QUICK, because his trade value will plummet very fast, especially if you start benching him due to exasperation.
                        So, what'll it be?

Comment

• Can we have a third choice ? BC

He is the one who drafted AB. He is the one who hired Jay. He is the one who paied 6 mill to Amir to Foul out in 5 minute and ...
                          He has been here for more than 4 years now and this is the end result:

Getting Blown out by a team which has only 10 wins

Comment

• Both.

Comment

• I understand what you saying about Andrea but the team was not playing better D when AB was on the bench. I understand that AB was awful but so was the rest of the team. I believe it is Jay's responsibility to motivate the team to play the way that he wants them to play. Ajinca comes in the game instead of Andrea and played exactly where Andrea plays , outside the arc!!! what the hell ?! I can only deal with one 7 footer taking 3s ( not that AB makes them anymore). If jay can't tell Ajinca that he is not suppose to take 3 pointers, then there has to be something wrong with his coaching methods.

Comment

• Comeon people...how are we gonna get that #1 pick if the team doesnt lose to the bottom feeders?

Jay should have just let AB "rest" this game.

Sarcasm.

Comment

Working...
                                X