Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Doing a little salsa dance this morning*

Comment

• I'm surprised you're up this early, Doc. I thought you would have been still asleep from partying the night away!

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
        I'm surprised you're up this early, Doc. I thought you would have been still asleep from partying the night away!
        LOL ... nah, too busy taking care of our sick little guy last night and over the weekend. I'm not a spring chicken without priorites anymore.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
          oh, apollo thats what movies are for. i got five bucks and good entertainment value out of the game though, plus bragging rights over patriots fans and there is no doubt eli is now a top five. maybe he's t-5 but, no doubt he has cemented himself and has completed the family circle as both mannings are going to be in the hall of fame. both still have a chance to win multiple more championships as well
          I wouldn't say top five but I would say elite.

In other news, Champs on a plane:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/dyNPeLJBo7Y

Comment

• imagine if eli wins more than brady?! that'd be hilarious and awesome.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Probably not possible seeing as he'll have to contend with Aaron Rodger, Drew Brees and Cam Newton just to get out of the NFC every year which is pretty frickin' amazing when you think about it.

Comment

• Butterfingers: 8000 less than Super reminders

On Tuesday, 900 pounds of Butterfingers (8,000 bars) were delivered to Copley Square in Boston -- no doubt mocking Wes Welker's critical drop late in the fourth quarter of Super Bowl XLVI.
                "We at Pawngo thought Boston fans deserved a little something in return for their heartbreaking loss in the form of a great candy!" Pawngo CEO Todd Hillis told NFL.com "Sometimes there is a light side to sports and we thought Boston fans might at least get a laugh out of it. We have the utmost respect for Wes Welker and the Patriots team."
                Source: NFL.com

Brilliant thinking outside the box advertisement by the Pawngo CEO. Funny too.

Comment

• To paraphrase Brandon Jabocbs: "Gisele, get back in the kitchen."

Tom Brady's teammates might not blast Gisele Bundchen for her comments about New England Patriots receivers, but New York Giants running back Brandon Jacobs has no problem doing it.

"She just needs to continue to stay cute and shut up," he told reporters Tuesday at MetLife Stadium, where the Giants were honored for beating the Patriots 21-17 in Super Bowl XLVI.

Patriots receiver Wes Welker failed to make a difficult catch in the fourth quarter that might have helped New England ice a victory. Tight end Aaron Hernandez and wide receiver Deion Branch also had balls hit off their hands during the Patriots' final desperation drive.

"My husband can not f------ throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times," the supermodel and wife of the famed quarterback said in a video captured by theinsider.com, a gossip website.

Not every Giants player thought that Bundchen should zip it.
                  Source: ESPN.com

Comment

• I blame Tom Brady for a bad throw on the play to Welker.
                    If he made that catch, it would have been catch of the year in my books.

Should have caught it though.
                    Last edited by Joey; Wed Feb 8, 2012, 08:07 PM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      I wouldn't say top five but I would say elite.

In other news, Champs on a plane:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/dyNPeLJBo7Y
                      oh, yeah. I forgot you blow rodgers. (relax, it's only a joke)

brady=3 roethlisberger=2 eli=2 rodgers=1 brees=1 peyton=1

that's top five, who are you replacing eli with?
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        I blame Tom Brady for a bad throw on the play to Welker.
                        If he made that catch, it would have been catch of the year in my books.

Should have caught it though.
                        not when welker gets a hand on it. if the reciever gets a hand on it, it means he had the opportunity to secure it,therfore, it's his fault.

ochocinco was the only one catching balls and he's been known to be a clutch guy. I have no idea why they didn't put him out there and instead put branch, who is exactly like his name insists.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                          not when welker gets a hand on it. if the reciever gets a hand on it, it means he had the opportunity to secure it,therfore, it's his fault.
                          I guess thats a legitimate point.

ochocinco was the only one catching balls and he's been known to be a clutch guy. I have no idea why they didn't put him out there and instead put branch, who is exactly like his name insists.
                          I would have liked to see what he could do out there. I can't imagine he's THAT washed-up already.

Comment

• he's not washed up. he's just barely used and seems to give less of a fuck so long as he's getting paid.

Comment

• Spin City

The Colts are looking to trade their old reliable passer in for the new model:

The Colts owe Manning, who turns 36 in March, a $28 million roster bonus by March 8. They want to use the No. 1 pick in this year's draft on Manning's successor, and the future of their star quarterback will affect how much room they'll have under the salary cap.

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay said Tuesday that he plans to meet with Manning within the next week but is leaving the door open for Manning to stay with the Colts.

"We want this to be his decision," Irsay told ESPN on Tuesday. "We want him back if he wants to come back. We can work out the contract if he wants to work it out. It's going to be Peyton's call."

If the Colts decline to pay Manning his bonus, he becomes an unrestricted free agent.

"It's a two-pronged thing," Irsay said. "The first is if and when the nerve regenerates and whether it allows him to play at a high level. But I always want Peyton to understand the risk-rewards about playing. We want to make sure he understands the long-term aspects of his health in trying to play."

If Manning wants to stay, Irsay said they could find a financial way to make it work.

"We can work out the contract if he wants to come back," Irsay said. "We want him to make the call. He's earned that. We want him to have the chance of finishing his career here if that's what he wants to do."
                              Source: ESPN.com

I don't buy anything that Irsay is saying. This is all spin, to paraphrase: "It's all up to Peyton on if he comes back. All he has to do is take a tremendous pay cut and come to terms that his starting role with the Colts is on death row." He's like the sports version of Pontius Pilate, figuring out a way to avoid the backlash caused by the Colts' savoir being obliterated from the landscape of Indianapolis. He doesn't want any of the backlash from Manning loyalists like what the Packers went through with Favre. Well guess what? It's going to happen no matter what and Andrew Luck is going to be standing in a gigantic shadow until he delivers the Colts a Super Bowl.

Another thing. Irsay seems to be enjoying the spotlight created by this controversy. He keeps saying he's going to meet with Manning soon but soon never happens. Soon probably won't happen until he's backed up against the March 8th deadline where he either needs to make a move on Manning or shut up.

All that said I could see Manning fitting in incredably well in Arizona. Kurt Warner went there and totally rejuvenated his career after the Rams and virtuallly everyone else had written him off. He had huge seasons in Arizona and went out on his own terms: Finishing his career strong with the Card practically begging him to un-retire and play just one more season. If Manning recovers from his neck issues that's the place he needs to be.

Comment

• You know i'd much rather talk about Andy Fantuz in fuckin Africa, then this god damn Peyton Manning-Jim Irsay Saga.

unless they can restructure his contract or they can buy it out and re-sign him. he's gone. The Colts want him,but, can't afford him, in other words.

Comment

Working...
                                X