International Lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• International Lineup

This might be a stupid question but was last night the first time an NBA team has ever put on an entire international lineup on the floor?

We had:

Jose - PG
    Barbosa - SG
    Peja- SF
    Kleiza - PF
    Bargs - C

And for the record that lineup worked pretty well.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

I was wondering the same thing last night... I imagine it couldn't have been, but I can't think of which team would have done it.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      This might be a stupid question but was last night the first time an NBA team has ever put on an entire international lineup on the floor?

We had:

Jose - PG
      Barbosa - SG
      Peja- SF
      Kleiza - PF
      Bargs - C

And for the record that lineup worked pretty well.
      IDK but I highly doubt it.

Comment

My guess would be the Sacremento Kings back when they had Peja, Divac, Turkeypoo and i dont remember what other internationals they had.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
          My guess would be the Sacremento Kings back when they had Peja, Divac, Turkeypoo and i dont remember what other internationals they had.
          im pretty sure the only non-americans they had were those 3

Comment

It's was an interesting lineup and seemed like a bit of a desperation move by Triano but they really shot their way back into the game. I'd hate to see that unit playing in a close game, but down 20, why not? I thought they were more balanced when Triano subbed Bargs off for Johnson.

Comment

If that's the way they going to use peja he needs to go fast.

Comment

Yeah employee, I was wondering the same thing. It was certainly unique and seemed to work pretty well. At last the American broadcasters can be justified in saying we play European ball (i realise that barbosa is brazilian.) It would always piss me off when they said that in the past when we had less european players on the raptors than on other teams. But a non-US line-up is a first as far I could find out.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

It was a rather startling lineup, more so because they fought back into the game. I hope that sooner or later there'll be some canadian player in the mix, just to show those US media what happens outside their backyard

Comment

That lineup is one I'd like to see again just to see if they could replicate the excitement of such a nice run.

Comment

This is kind of a big deal if it was the first wasn't it? You would think the NBA would be braggin like hell about how international their game is.
                      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                        This is kind of a big deal if it was the first wasn't it? You would think the NBA would be braggin like hell about how international their game is.
                        I think that lineup would have to start before the NBA or anyone outside of Toronto would take notice.

Unless you are a candidate for 6th man of the year, no one except for home team fans cares who comes off the bench.
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          I think that lineup would have to start before the NBA or anyone outside of Toronto would take notice.

Unless you are a candidate for 6th man of the year, no one except for home team fans cares who comes off the bench.
                          Barbosa, Weems/Kleiza and Johnson all have a slight shot at sixth man award...

Comment

The closest i could think of was the 07-08 suns could potentially put nash, barbosa, giricek, diaw, and sean marks on the floor at the same time.... i highly doubt they ever would have though

Comment

Working...
                            X