X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wade is Leaning Toward Joining Bulls

I'm very surprised...

chadfordinsider

I've confirmed the Wade-Bulls meeting tonight. Source believes Wade is leaning toward joining Bulls ... Link coming
    chadfordinsider

That's big RT @IraHeatBeat Potentially staggering news, D Wade is meeting again tonight with Bulls, likely in the presence of his agent about 1 hour ago via web
    but for now it's just another rumour

An earlier ESPN strory: EPSN story: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5348670
    Last edited by Mess; Fri Jul 2, 2010, 06:38 PM.
    Two beer away from being two beers away.

Ha!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if this transpired?

Miami tries to force Wade to stay by refusing to S&T; Wade signs with Chicago outright. Cleveland tries same approach and also fails; James signs with Chicago outright. BC states he will not take Deng back in a S&T. Chicago sweetens the pot by agreeing to trade Noah as well. BC acquiesces. Would we take Deng if they'd give us Noah as well?

DeRozan, Deng, Davis and Noah future core (with Johnson and others off the bench). Killer B's easily switched to Killer D's, and we might even have the defense to support that nickname.

EDIT: Without Hinrich, who is being traded to Washington, they have only $22,861,826 in player salaries. Two max deals would actually fit under the cap outright. To acquire a third, they have to move Deng and either Noah or both Gibson and Johnson.
    Last edited by Quixotic; Fri Jul 2, 2010, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Yeah...would Miami just fold their franchise? Would they have to get Alonzo back in uniform? Somehow I think Pat Riley wouldn't be coaching that team.

Comment

Bahahahhahhahahahahahahaaha. That right there is called optimism. Even in this most unlikely of scenarios, no way the Bulls are trading Noah.

LeBron going to the Bulls would be funny just to see LBJ and Noah interact, I reckon.

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
          Bahahahhahhahahahahahahaaha. That right there is called optimism. Even in this most unlikely of scenarios, no way the Bulls are trading Noah.

LeBron going to the Bulls would be funny just to see LBJ and Noah interact, I reckon.
          Haha, not optimism. More like bored daydreaming. =P

Maybe they will trade Noah to the Great White North because LBJ was offended by Noah's comment and thinks Noah should be punished by playing in the Toronto icecaps?

Comment

Mess wrote: View Post
            Yeah...would Miami just fold their franchise? Would they have to get Alonzo back in uniform? Somehow I think Pat Riley wouldn't be coaching that team.
            Miami 2010-2011 lineup:

PG Mario Chalmers
            SG Pat Riley
            SF Da'Sean Butler
            PF Michael Beasley
            C Dexter Pittman

Bench
            G Kenny Hasbrouck
            PF Jarvis Varnado
            ... and filler.

Pat Riley, first simultaneous GM, coach and player.

This is a team I would actually pay to watch.

Comment

Longer story about the 2nd meeting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5348670

Comment

Quixotic, I don't think you're counting the 6-7 minimum salary players that they'll need to fill up the bench. that's about another 3 mil there against the cap.

EDIT: nevermind, they could go over the cap w/ minimum salary players

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
                  Ha!

Wouldn't it be wonderful if this transpired?

Miami tries to force Wade to stay by refusing to S&T; Wade signs with Chicago outright. Cleveland tries same approach and also fails; James signs with Chicago outright. BC states he will not take Deng back in a S&T. Chicago sweetens the pot by agreeing to trade Noah as well. BC acquiesces. Would we take Deng if they'd give us Noah as well?

DeRozan, Deng, Davis and Noah future core (with Johnson and others off the bench). Killer B's easily switched to Killer D's, and we might even have the defense to support that nickname.

EDIT: Without Hinrich, who is being traded to Washington, they have only $22,861,826 in player salaries. Two max deals would actually fit under the cap outright. To acquire a third, they have to move Deng and either Noah or both Gibson and Johnson.
                  Rose, Wade & James on the same team? The basketball would have worse nightmares than in a Wade, James, Bosh grouping. There would have to be some serious subjugation. Poor Rose. He probably thought the Bulls were going to be his team when the alpha dogs get unleashed on him.

My guess is that if James leaves the Cavs he probably goes to the Nets if not immediately then after a couple of more years in Cleveland (mollifies his adoring fans there) and the Nets move to Brooklyn.

Comment

f91ultra wrote: View Post
                    Quixotic, I don't think you're counting the 6-7 minimum salary players that they'll need to fill up the bench. that's about another 3 mil there against the cap.

EDIT: nevermind, they could go over the cap w/ minimum salary players
                    Yup, what you said. =) Whether it's Chicago or Miami going for all 3, they will definitely be filling the rest of the bench with minimum salary players.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Rose, Wade & James on the same team? The basketball would have worse nightmares than in a Wade, James, Bosh grouping. There would have to be some serious subjugation. Poor Rose. He probably thought the Bulls were going to be his team when the alpha dogs get unleashed on him.

My guess is that if James leaves the Cavs he probably goes to the Nets if not immediately then after a couple of more years in Cleveland (mollifies his adoring fans there) and the Nets move to Brooklyn.
                      Rose, Wade, James AND Bosh on the same team. =) If you're going to feed a team, might as well go all the way!

That NJ owner (+ Jay-Z) better be convincing, and that Brooklyn move better be both guaranteed and quick. That East Rutherford/Seacaucas area is a horrible location for the team, and Newark is even worse (I actually lived a full year in Newark and it wasn't pretty) -- you don't go there unless it's in the Gateway Center (connected to the train station) or you utterly have to.

Comment

Working...
                      X