Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Irving's 3 hurt more than Linsanity's 3 against us.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    I doubt it. We just played like shit in the fourth and Kyle Lowry played like complete garbage. I think we would've won in OT
    that seems like an irrational and contradictory statement

Comment

FoxMachine wrote: View Post
      that seems like an irrational and contradictory statement
      You never wanna go into OT as a road team off a back to back. Hell if we fouled and let them tie, we could've iced the game on another game winner. But whatever, we'll get em back

Comment

You never wanna go into OT as a road team off a back to back. Hell if we fouled and let them tie, we could've iced the game on another game winner. But whatever, we'll get em back
        fouling when ur up by 2 with 12 seconds left is never something any NBA coach would ever do unless they had a foul to give.. ur the second person ive heard say that on here and its just not a good idea.. it was a very unlikely shot he made.. props to him and move on.. I agree AA could have picked him up earlier but putting him on the line in that situation is just ludacris

Comment

ludacris
          bahaha!!

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
            bahaha!!
            lol oh god, my bad.. ludicrous

Comment

Dude AA is a good defender but he made a stupid decision. He should've realized that irving was going to pull up for the 3 and closed him out and let him drive into traffic. They would've been fucked in OT had he scored the 2 points and we would've won, this one was on Casey and AA i'm sorry.
              Stupid decision? Kyrie Irving is a metre away from the 3-point line, and quite frankly had damaged Toronto all night with his penetration going to the hoop. If you played Irving straight up - as good as the defender Anderson is - he would've been able to get himself to the hoop. Once the penetration starts, help side and defense starts to rotate, which means passing lanes, driving lanes, etc start to open up. It was clearly a lucky shot. Anderson played him like a good/SMART defender would. Don't reach, stayed down, and as Irving was at near release, Anderson put a hand up, adding pressure to an already very difficult, long ranged shot.

Had you made Irving drive, there's a possibility they tie for OT, get an easier/wide open jumper from the 3, a pass to a cutter in the lane, or worse, an And-1 (just as worse as being left with 00.00.07 seconds left). With that said, Cleveland would go into OT with momentum. Derozan barely getting a touch in the 2nd half, Fields was a non-factor all night. Big men would've been worn out with the extra play. Just a lose-lose situation that time. That shot was win or loss for the Raptors. Irving made it, we lost.
              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

+1

im not mad at that play.. im mad that we let it get to that point and didn't have any killer instinct after controlling the majority of the game
                1+

Comment

what makes u think we would have won in OT? I believe we are 1-4 in OT games this year.. and they clearly had the momentum as they outscored us 33-23 in the final quarter
                  Yes they had the momentum, but as Scott said, they played a very hard game the night before so they were tired.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                    Stupid decision? Kyrie Irving is a metre away from the 3-point line, and quite frankly had damaged Toronto all night with his penetration going to the hoop. If you played Irving straight up - as good as the defender Anderson is - he would've been able to get himself to the hoop. Once the penetration starts, help side and defense starts to rotate, which means passing lanes, driving lanes, etc start to open up. It was clearly a lucky shot. Anderson played him like a good/SMART defender would. Don't reach, stayed down, and as Irving was at near release, Anderson put a hand up, adding pressure to an already very difficult, long ranged shot.

Had you made Irving drive, there's a possibility they tie for OT, get an easier/wide open jumper from the 3, a pass to a cutter in the lane, or worse, an And-1 (just as worse as being left with 00.00.07 seconds left). With that said, Cleveland would go into OT with momentum. Derozan barely getting a touch in the 2nd half, Fields was a non-factor all night. Big men would've been worn out with the extra play. Just a lose-lose situation that time. That shot was win or loss for the Raptors. Irving made it, we lost.
                    I agree I don't have an issue with AA's defense on the play as Kyrie can hurt you every way possible. Realistically your picking your poison and a deep 3 is playing the percentages right.

With that being said I would have loved to seen Casey draw something up to bring a double and make someone else take the shot. Jose on the floor is mind boggling at that stage in the game to me when you need a stop.

Comment

wow son you fully giving no credit to kyrie
                      the kid is an allstar, and yes, he can shoot threes

Comment

Irving can make that, he's clutch. I'd even go as far as foul him and let him have 2. DeMar would've come up big for us again

Comment

Irving can make that, he's clutch. I'd even go as far as foul him and let him have 2. DeMar would've come up big for us again
                          Hey man! I'm not gonna lie, he's a terrific talent, but I'd rather give him an open 25+ footer over a driving lane any day of the week. Irving is too talented, he'll open up better shots, and at the very least get to OT.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                            wow son you fully giving no credit to kyrie
                            the kid is an allstar, and yes, he can shoot threes
                            Wow son, I am, that's why I said you give him a 3 over a drive to open up driving lanes, or more open shots. He's an all-star, yes he can shoot 3's, but shooting 3's from basically 5 point range is a risk you can take.

Comment

I'm hearing MVP chants lol.

Comment

Demar dropped Bogut on the simplest of hesitations...

Comment

Working...
                                X