No announcement yet.

Has Bargnani Plateaued?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

has he pateaued YES! but i stil think he has 2-3 more years that is hustle and effort can get better bcause it was never a
    question of talent ....
    force to say when he set his mind to it he is one of the most skilled bigs in the game.. put jv motor in him he would be a star
    thats the only reason we are always talking about break out ...and some player figure it out in the later stages of their career

Comment

I don't see Bargnani getting any better than he is right now, it has always been my opinion that he is one of the most over rated players to ever play for the team.
      ~ Court Surfing ~

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
        has he pateaued YES! but i stil think he has 2-3 more years that is hustle and effort can get better bcause it was never a
        question of talent ....
        force to say when he set his mind to it he is one of the most skilled bigs in the game.. put jv motor in him he would be a star
        thats the only reason we are always talking about break out ...and some player figure it out in the later stages of their career
        that's not plateau-ing....

Comment

if casey can get him to play hard, we can see a better bargs.
          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
            I don't like how Bargnani, up to this day, tries to play like a small forward. Simple pump fake -> straight line drives. He has not learned how to play angles, has not developed an effective go to move in the most. Actually, he has not developed a consistent post game. Dirk switched his game a lot as he got older. I don't see this from Bargnani. He's obviously slower than he was a few years back, it does not help that he lets himself go in the offseason, yet he still tries to play like a small forward.

For him to take a next step as a player, he needs to slow himself down, stop playing like an oversized 3, use his brain more and start working in the post (low post or mid-high post). He has no balance on his shots which results to many shots that fall flat. I just have no confidence in him evolving anymore as a player.

So obviously YES for me.

+1000

I've always been a huge supporter of Bargnani because of his "potential". I agree that for a player as smart as he is, he doesn't seem to think the game through. I cant say how much I hate that stupid pump fake move, take 2 steps and then shoot. He did that atleast a handful of times last game where, he pump faked on a WIDE open shot, only to drive, and pull up for the jumper with hands in his face. I also agree with Soft Euro about the development abilities of the coaching staff. I know a couple of them get subbed in and out ( Scott Roth & Jonny Davis) but I believe Eric Hughes & Micah Nori are long-time holdovers and from what I know seem to work on the player development side. I think an overhaul in long over due in this area.

Comment

Craiger wrote: View Post
              I'm not sure if this was meant to be a joke or not. But I agree with it none the less.

Any strides he's made over the years are marginal and usually short term.

He really has not changed aside for 13 games last year.
              took the words right off my keyboard
              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Has he plateaued? No.

Bargnani still has the ability to improve and play like an all-star. Its all about his attitude.
                Saying that I am not sure if he will reach his potential, however it is definitely there.

Comment

If he had the drive and tenacity of Kevin Garnett.. he would be scary. Unfortunately he does not, so my guess is that he won't get any better

Comment

He is the same, the only difference is that the offense isn't running through him anymore like it was last season or the season before where the focus was on him getting the ball. Now that the pressure is off of him "to be the man" since Lowry's arrival, he just being his lazy self.

Bargnani is just a slower/lazier version of Rashard Lewis with a worse 3 pointer shot, third scoring option at best and shouldn't be seeing the floor more then 25- 30 minutes a game.

Comment

He has regressed in the early games this year. Thats worse than plateauing. If he plays how he played (outside of Dallas, where he was somewhere been ok and pretty good) - then hes barely a serviceable NBA player. However, if he actually posts up (part his laziness, part HAS to be on Casey for not forcing him to do that) - he can be a dominant offensive force (espeically with JV on the court, because he will always have a size advantage). IF he does that, then he can absolutely improve.

Bottom line, this guy is too inconsistent to even deserve the label "plateau". Lets hope these first few games are a "funk" .. because if not, hes doing very little positive for the team.

Comment

hes done. im tired of his shit. get him out of here

Comment

Given his 3 rebounds / game, I say he's regressed. I understand its early but he's clearly not the man the team depends on anymore. I see him and Lowry having friction if his lackaisical attitude continues. I actually don't care if his offensive numbers are maintained or improves. He's not a Casey-type player and he's not a Lowry-type teammate. Knowing the league though, Casey will get fired before Bargs gets traded.
                          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

It still confuses the hell out of me how he can be SO good for stretches and then so bad.

It's funny, it was the Dallas game that finally put me off him completely. I looked at the box score (I'll admit I skipped the 4th quarter) and he had something like 23/9/3/1. And yet, it was such a horribly bad game overall that after years of supporting him I just gave up and started hoping to see he's been traded every day when I wake up.

I will agree with the sentiment that he plateaued (sp?) 4 years ago.

Comment

Superchunk wrote: View Post
                              It still confuses the hell out of me how he can be SO good for stretches and then so bad.

It's funny, it was the Dallas game that finally put me off him completely. I looked at the box score (I'll admit I skipped the 4th quarter) and he had something like 23/9/3/1. And yet, it was such a horribly bad game overall that after years of supporting him I just gave up and started hoping to see he's been traded every day when I wake up.

I will agree with the sentiment that he plateaued (sp?) 4 years ago.
                              The Dallas game was one. That long rebound in the first quarter made me lose my dinner. But the sign of things to come was really the first game isos with David West in crunch time. Clearly Casey wanted to see just how much of a man he was (clearly not signaling) for help D and Bargs failed miserably.
                              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                                If he had the drive and tenacity of Kevin Garnett.. he would be scary. Unfortunately he does not, so my guess is that he won't get any better
                                If he did... He'd be a hall of famer

Comment

Working...
                                X