Toronto's sell-off competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    I do think it's possible to find a 2014 pick for Gay somewhere, even a 1st rounder. It would absolutely have to come from a team with an extra one. This to me is what makes Charlotte a possible trading partner...and I guess in that case Gordon could be on the table, but I still think it would not be with intent to really use him at all. It would be like "if you want to come and be around the team and be part of the system, you're welcome to, but if not, stay away until we trade you or you're a free agent". I can't see Gordon being in the team's plans in any way, even in the short term, unless Buycks, Augustin and Ross are ALL having horrible seasons...which is a definite possibility.
    No, he wouldn't.

The CBA places $$ requirements on trades. It just so happens Gordon for Gay works straight up but you would have to include picks and young players to make it worth Toronto's time.

Comment

How do you guys keep track of the draft picks, in terms of what team has what picks? Is there a good site that summarizes this stuff?

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
        How do you guys keep track of the draft picks, in terms of what team has what picks? Is there a good site that summarizes this stuff?
        http://lmgtfy.com/?q=what+draft+picks+nba+teams+own
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Also this:

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2013/08...analysis-index
          Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

I had no idea this existed. You just opened up a whole new world of sarcastic goodness for me to live by! And for that, I thank you.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
              I had no idea this existed. You just opened up a whole new world of sarcastic goodness for me to live by! And for that, I thank you.
              lol, same here. precious

Comment

p00ka wrote: View Post
                lol, same here. precious
                I've already used it 8 times on my co-workers. Pure gold!

Comment

personally, i dont mind the bantering as long as there's no cursing, racial and gender slurs.

when somebody calls me an idiot, it riles me to do more research to prove that im not an idiot, and make the other person look more of an idiot than he thinks of me.

I might be called an idiot for this right now but i dont think there's anybody "available" or would be made available come trade deadline that has the same line as Gay - 20pts, 6rebs, 3asts, 2stls or Demar - 18pts, 4rebs, 3asts.

So if the raps decide to trade them, might be an easy sell (albeit contracts), or if they decide to keep them, then the team can make use of them that other teams dont have.

Comment

This is genius!!! Living in a country where people don't really know that pretty much the answer to any question can be found on the internet can be frustrated. My wife and I have started to use the the acronym J.F.G.I. (Just F*cking Google It!)

When I show my wife this she might laugh soo hard she pees herself a little bit. Which would be awesome.
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Amazing.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/dra...rafts/detailed

This one does a pretty good job explaining all the various conditions on traded draft picks.

Comment

Not really sure where to put this so.........

Memphis unloaded Tony Wroten, Jr. for a 2014 2nd round pick top 50 protected?!?!?!

The Memphis Grizzlies traded guard Tony Wroten, a 2012 first-round NBA draft pick, to the Philadelphia 76ers for a future second-round selection, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Wroten, 20, was the Grizzlies' 25th overall pick. He averaged 2.6 points and 1.2 rebounds in 7.8 minutes per game.

Philadelphia is still working to meet the minimum team salary requirement of $52.811 million as it works to construct a roster before the start of training camp in September.

Wroten, a 6-foot-5 left-hander, left Washington in 2012 after an excellent freshman season in which he was the Huskies' second-leading scorer at 16 points per game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--gr...192040315.html
                          Wow.

I'm shocked.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Not really sure where to put this so.........

Memphis unloaded Tony Wroten, Jr. for a 2014 2nd round pick top 50 protected?!?!?!
                            Never got a chance to show his stuff in Memphis.

If anything, this situation is better for him development-wise. Their PG rotation is currently a rookie and now a sophomore. If MCW can't live up to expectations, Wroten will get even more pt than he already will as a backup.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

I love what Philly is doing this year.

Comment

Fully wrote: View Post
                                I love what Philly is doing this year.
                                They'll be even better with Wiggins next year
                                Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X