No announcement yet.

Rapcast #107 Sucked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Steve's got #108 lined up on Friday with a guest.

Comment

Wow, I just have to say that trying to have a discussion with guys in the comments section of the articles pages is an exercise in frustration. It's like it attracts all the social misfits, or something. At least in the forum the idiots eventually get banned. It seems with this new Disqus system, it's a fend for yourself-type atmosphere, which means that just about every time it ends up with an insult party held by 12 year olds.

I can understand why albertan_10 started a thread for this here. He didn't want to post in the insane asylum.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

one of the reasons I came here was because of the podcast but I must admit it has been a little weak as of late, it is still enjoyable to listen to. One thing I would like to hear when is comments about other prospects in the draft outside of the top 5 guys especially with the new information that BC is looking to get another pick in the first round.

Comment

Can definetely say I didn't agree with most of the opinions in the podcast, but I wouldn't say that means it sucked. He did have some valid reasoning, its just that he didn't contrast/compare to the other side of the story.

Bargnani - it makes sense that wanting to beat a teams strong defense would make a player like Bargnani more attractive. However, Phd failed to compare to how a team wanting to play strong defense makes Bargnani less attractive. Unfortunately a team wanting to play stronger D is likely priority expecially when one is talking playoffs.

Derozan - trading Derozan for a high pick may or may not be a bad thing. Where the issue is, is trading him for a pick in this years draft class that is expected to be terrible.

A team planning for losing for 6 or 7 years is also a bad idea. While I can say I see the practicality in the argument, the reality is in professional sports no one knows what can happen. A stud could turn out to be more unstoppable than LBJ. Injuries could happen. Egos Happen. Stupid trades happen. I don't think a team should ever dictate their plans based on what another team is expected to do. Of all things to plan for in life, planning for failure only guarantees you'll suceed.

The Heat - I could personally care less that they play together. My problem, as with others, is how they joined... or maybe more specifically that the league never looked into it. If Pat Riley at any point in time was given information that Bosh or Lebron would sign with the team in 2010.... then there was definetely rules breached. If the 3 planned playing together while still being representatives of their team (not just players... but acting as agents to attract players)... there could be some serious ethics issues. How the league didn't bother even raising an eyebrow to this is beyond me.

Comment

I mean, really.

Get over it. It was a podcast.

There will be another one tomorrow that you can hate even more than the last 107.
            hit me in my inbox: phdsteve@gmail.com and don't forget to check out my weekly Wednesday Podcast: [I]The Doctor is In[I] right here at raptorsrepublic.com

Comment

phdsteve wrote: View Post
              I mean, really.

There will be another one tomorrow that you can hate even more than the last 107.
              well said. i don't think people appreciate how difficult it is to come up with interesting, raptor-centric talking points at this time of the year. sure, there's the draft, but after you run down the list of players & teams picking in their respective slots, what else is there to say?

while i disagree wholeheartedly with your premise that bargs' trade value has gone up this post-season, i appreciate that you took the time to look at the big picture & try to connect how what's happening now may impact the raps. sure, it's a stretch, but what the hell, it's early june, we're down to less than a week more of ball until gawd knows when, and the only thing that we'll have to discuss shortly is the draft, the future ex-coach of the raptors, and the lockout/cba.

note: during the 'cast, my first thought/reaction to your take on bargs' trade value was that you were trying to artificially inflate his value. if so...solid move.
              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

tim w. wrote: View Post
                wow, i just have to say that trying to have a discussion with guys in the comments section of the articles pages is an exercise in frustration. It's like it attracts all the social misfits, or something. At least in the forum the idiots eventually get banned. It seems with this new disqus system, it's a fend for yourself-type atmosphere, which means that just about every time it ends up with an insult party held by 12 year olds.

I can understand why albertan_10 started a thread for this here. He didn't want to post in the insane asylum.
                thats cuz ur a haterzzzz!! So lame, timmy tim-tim!!
                TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

Disqus is the jungle, the forums are the zoo.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                    Wow, I just have to say that trying to have a discussion with guys in the comments section of the articles pages is an exercise in frustration. It's like it attracts all the social misfits, or something. At least in the forum the idiots eventually get banned. It seems with this new Disqus system, it's a fend for yourself-type atmosphere, which means that just about every time it ends up with an insult party held by 12 year olds.

Agree 100% I usually skip the disqus comments reading/posting. Just a pain in the butt.

Comment

phdsteve wrote: View Post
                      I mean, really.

Dude, the guys here are not saying they hate the previous 107 (or they wouldn't have been listening to podcast 107).

I didn't bother listening (not a testament to whether I like them or not), but if you truly rambled about the heat for 10mins then really, that should be your feedback from your listeners, learn from it. I guess your cast tomorrow will show if you did or not if you complain about this thread.

Comment

Yeah It's ok to take feedback Steve, don't take it personal.

Then again the name of this thread could have been more tasteful.
                        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I have enjoyed past podcasts. Will skip this one. Appreciate the warning. Why would a Raptors Forum podcast support the Heat? This would have been fun to argue live.
                          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Sorry PHD

this pod cast was bad. I think he was on a diff planet. Howver, i will continue listening to the podcast because all of them except mayb 2, since i started listening, have been good.
                            Keep up the good work doctor steve.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                              Agree 100% I usually skip the disqus comments reading/posting. Just a pain in the butt.
                              The disqus section attracts some of the more casual fans then the hardcore forum posters but I would miss not having both.
                              Tim W by his own admission is condescending and sarcastic which bothers some guys and triggers some comical responses.

Comment

j bean wrote: View Post
                                The disqus section attracts some of the more casual fans then the hardcore forum posters but I would miss not having both.
                                Tim W by his own admission is condescending and sarcastic which bothers some guys and triggers some comical responses.
                                I used to be that way for a very short time, but it, more than in the forums, tends to descend into jabs and insults fast, and for the last period I was reading them, EVERY time. All this within about 5 or 6 posts. Life is too good and too short to take in that much negativity.

Comment

Working...
                                X