Triano vs Darrel Walker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano vs Darrel Walker

Who is a bigger failure? Both were relative unknowns that were promoted within after being assistant coaches. Both are doing a terrible job and don't have any control over the team.

Discuss

Wow, it has come to this. Walker's win percentage was 0.313 (41-90), Triano is at 0.387 (36-57). Triano definitely had more talent and higher expectations. Walker's biggest mistake was not playing Tracy McGrady and then pussied out after Damon got traded. I'd say Triano's been the bigger failure because of the expectations.

Comment

This is a close one. Triano does have better talent..marginally..., but unfair expectations were placed upon him considering we had a fail team last year as well. Walker was a complete unknown with no hype and a very young team, his record is forgetten by many and nobody cares since the raps turned it around once he left. Triano as the first canadian head coach is given the benefit of the doubt by many and will be given a chance to recover from his dreadful performance thus far so i expect him to never be in the same category as Darrell walker. Even though he is failing right now.

Comment

zab_tabak wrote: View Post
        This is a close one. Triano does have better talent..marginally..., but unfair expectations were placed upon him considering we had a fail team last year as well. Walker was a complete unknown with no hype and a very young team, his record is forgetten by many and nobody cares since the raps turned it around once he left. Triano as the first canadian head coach is given the benefit of the doubt by many and will be given a chance to recover from his dreadful performance thus far so i expect him to never be in the same category as Darrell walker. Even though he is failing right now.
        hello brother,

first of all, how can u say that the team triano has was marginally better then the one we had with daryl walker? think back to some of the players who played back then compared to ones playing now. Again, unless ur referring to players playing on the defensive end then yea i can say the 2 teams are comparable.

How were the expectations placed on triano unfair? This is one of the most potent offensive teams in the league n not just because of their stats. Having said that, it is very managable for good offensive players to play good defence...but u can never get good defensive players to play good offense.

Also, this team has no heart, no motivation, no desire....all those things r things that relate directly to a coach n his coachings n his style n his attitude. Clearly raps having these issues have to be blamed on the coach.

Sam mitchell (n im not a fan of his although u may thinkso because of my name) got a much less talented team into the playoffs and did wayyyy better then Triano. Its because he was a no nonseense type of guy who was hard on his players....ever since his departure this team turned softer then before. And the excuses started for triano.

Comment

sensual_sam wrote: View Post
          hello brother,

first of all, how can u say that the team triano has was marginally better then the one we had with daryl walker? think back to some of the players who played back then compared to ones playing now. Again, unless ur referring to players playing on the defensive end then yea i can say the 2 teams are comparable.

How were the expectations placed on triano unfair? This is one of the most potent offensive teams in the league n not just because of their stats. Having said that, it is very managable for good offensive players to play good defence...but u can never get good defensive players to play good offense.

Also, this team has no heart, no motivation, no desire....all those things r things that relate directly to a coach n his coachings n his style n his attitude. Clearly raps having these issues have to be blamed on the coach.

Sam mitchell (n im not a fan of his although u may thinkso because of my name) got a much less talented team into the playoffs and did wayyyy better then Triano. Its because he was a no nonseense type of guy who was hard on his players....ever since his departure this team turned softer then before. And the excuses started for triano.
          Have you never seen the Houston Rockets?

What about Joakim Noah

Comment

houston rockets- luis scola-very underrated, aaron brooks-stud in the making, trevor ariza-good offensive player n a athletic defender last but not the least, rick adelman-one of the best coaches in the game today.....look back to the webber n the euro kings of 2002-03-04....shows how a coaches personality reflects on the players.

thanks again!

Comment

I agree 100% that truly gifted offensive players can learn to play defence and it is Harder to learn offense that it is defence. That being, outside of Bosh and maybe bargnani(at times) we dont have gifted offensive players. we have Good offensive players.

the problem is nobody plays defence and Triano still doesnt know how to get the team to try harder on defence. the only players who truly are trying on the defensive end are Amir Johnson, Jarret Jack, derozan...Bosh has slowed down a bit mainly because no one else is setpping up.

Bargs and Hedo are too 'cool' to play hard nose defense. same with jose. see where im going with this?

Comment

sensual_sam wrote: View Post
                houston rockets- luis scola-very underrated, aaron brooks-stud in the making, trevor ariza-good offensive player n a athletic defender last but not the least, rick adelman-one of the best coaches in the game today.....look back to the webber n the euro kings of 2002-03-04....shows how a coaches personality reflects on the players.

thanks again!
                You mention only 3 players with decent offense and better defense and you think you've proven your point?

Since it looks like you have forgotten, May I remind you that your point was that defensive players cant have good offense.

Comment

zab_tabak wrote: View Post
                  Bargs and Hedo are too 'cool' to play hard nose defense. same with jose. see where im going with this?
                  Yes I do, when the majority of your "top" players are european, you can't expect good defense - and hence can't expect to win.

Comment

Triano for sure cuz I don't remember watching any games coached by Walker. Also, Triano needs to instillsome fear into his players. The team doesn't even a give a shit about his "philosiphies" or anything for that matter. We need a FIRE TRIANO thread
                    Last name ever, first name greatest

Comment

Can't ever forgive Walker for what he did to McGrady. I still think the biggest reason Mac left was that he still had a bad taste in his mouth from the Walker experience. Dude sat him, alienated him, and claimed he would be out of the league in a couple of years. Not cool.

Comment

James wrote: View Post
                        Can't ever forgive Walker for what he did to McGrady. I still think the biggest reason Mac left was that he still had a bad taste in his mouth from the Walker experience. Dude sat him, alienated him, and claimed he would be out of the league in a couple of years. Not cool.
                        No doubt. And the worst pat about it was that we had a shit team which was going nowhere, a perfect time for a rookie to get some play. Unless McGrady was being a total bitch in practice (which I don't see happening), Walker's decision was just flat out stupid.

Comment

Working...
                        X