Kobe Bryant vs Michael Jordan - Identical Plays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kobe Bryant vs Michael Jordan - Identical Plays

Check out this cool vid I came across. Pretty uncanny stuff.

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Check out this cool vid I came across. Pretty uncanny stuff.

Weeeird!
    Very cool! Love both of those guys.

I always said Kobe is the only one that could EVER come close to being compared to MJ.

Comment

Comparing stats, it's fair to say that Jordan's stat line is a little better than Kobe's.

------------GP--- FG%----- 3P%----- FT%---- REB-----AST----BLK-----STL-----TO-----PTS
      Jordan--1072- .497------.327------.835------6.3-----5.3-----0.8-----2.3---- 2.7-----30.1 (32292 in 15 seasons)
      Bryant--1161- .453------.337------.838------5.3-----4.7-----0.5-----1.5-----3.0-----25.4 (29484 in 16 seasons)

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...michael-jordan
      http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...10/kobe-bryant

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        Comparing stats, it's fair to say that Jordan's stat line is a little better than Kobe's.

------------GP--- FG%----- 3P%----- FT%---- REB-----AST----BLK-----STL-----TO-----PTS
        Jordan--1072- .497------.327------.835------6.3-----5.3-----0.8-----2.3---- 2.7-----30.1 (32292 in 15 seasons)
        Bryant--1161- .453------.337------.838------5.3-----4.7-----0.5-----1.5-----3.0-----25.4 (29484 in 16 seasons)

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...michael-jordan
        http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...10/kobe-bryant
        Crazy that Kobe has already played more games than MJ. Never would have guessed.

Statiscally, I'm not sure anyone will every actually compare to MJ.
        But in terms of Game, Play Style, Talent, Athleticism, Defense, Legacy etc. Kobe is definitely in the picture.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Crazy that Kobe has already played more games than MJ. Never would have guessed.

Statiscally, I'm not sure anyone will every actually compare to MJ.
          But in terms of Game, Play Style, Talent, Athleticism, Defense, Legacy etc. Kobe is definitely in the picture.
          Lebron James' stat line is very impressive and has been improving recently especially with shot selection, post moves, and that 53 FG% he posted last season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...6/lebron-james

Comment

Lebron James' stat line is very impressive and has been improving recently especially with shot selection, post moves, and that 53 FG% he posted last season.

http://espn.go.com/nba/player/stats/...6/lebron-james
            Yes, but Lebron shouldn't be compared to MJ ever. Physically, Lebron has no Equal. Dude is a FREAK.

I wouldn't even know who you would compare Lebron too.
            Only one that comes to mind would be Pippen, and Pip could have put up the same numbers LBJ has been easy, in my opinion.
            Last edited by Joey; Tue Sep 4, 2012, 12:17 PM.

Comment

Yes, but Lebron shouldn't be compared to MJ ever. Physically, Lebron has no Equal. Dude is a FREAK.

Only one that comes to mind would be Pippen, and Pip could have put up the same numbers LBJ has been easy, in my opinion.

But MJ and Lebron play nothing alike, so comparing them would be like comparing Roy Halladay and ARod in my opinion.
              You said "statistically", remember.

Comment

You said "statistically", remember.
                Shit. Touche. Haha

Comment

Kobe used to get criticized for "imitating" MJ in many ways when he first entered the league. It's no trouble to tell who Kobe's idol was.

If I have to pick one or the other it's a no brainer MJ selection in my opinion.

Comment

magic, big o
                    players to physically gifted to be given a position and so talented they can excel in them all

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                      magic, big o
                      players to physically gifted to be given a position and so talented they can excel in them all
                      I'd say Big O is probably the better comparison for Lebron, of those two.

Magic was smooth like Butter. Lebron is smooth like Freight Train.

Comment

LeBron is one of the players where no matter what coverages you got. He'll hurt you. So skilled, and so physically gifted, he's easily the most gifted athlete on the earth.

As much as I am a fan of Kobe Bryant, from the games that I've watched on replay and on computer, Michael Jordan is the superior player. Michael was always better at getting everyone around him involved. Basketball is a team sport, and that's why LeBron dominates the game so easily, because he's a pass-first player. Takes the opportunities as they come by.

In my opinion, if we went by career end resumes. I would probably go Kobe < LeBron < Michael

LeBron has an NBA Championship, Finals MVP, 3-time League MVP, 2 Olympic Gold medals, 2004 Rookie of the Year, 8-time NBA All-star, 8-time All-NBA honors , and 4-time defensive honors.

He's only 28 I believe...
                        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                          In my opinion, if we went by career end resumes. I would probably go Kobe < LeBron < Michael

LeBron has an NBA Championship, Finals MVP, 3-time League MVP, 2 Olympic Gold medals, 2004 Rookie of the Year, 8-time NBA All-star, 8-time All-NBA honors , and 4-time defensive honors.

He's only 28 I believe...
                          It all comes down to Rings. And right now, Lebron < Kobe < Jordan.
                          Lebrons got ALOT of winning to do to catch up.

Comment

It all comes down to Rings. And right now, Lebron < Kobe < Jordan.
                            Lebrons got ALOT of winning to do to catch up.
                            I agree, but I clearly made my ranking by player resume overall.

Who knows, whether Kobe is retiring when he's 35, he's got two good years with a very talented team. Possibly 7?
                            Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

I would like to point out that LeBron was younger (27 in June 2012) than Michael Jordan (28 in June 1991) when he won his first NBA championship.
                              Last edited by stretch; Wed Sep 5, 2012, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X